So how do you guys really feel about Huskers coming to town?

cyberbach

Friendly Rival
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while, not a whole lot to post about, my team has had it's struggles these last few years but how does everyone feel about this game?

We don't like your coach, his smug smile and his inability to appreciate a good slogan, but your fans are as good as they get. And your QB is mobile and that scares many of us.

Here's to a good game on Saturday, no injuries and a Gophers win once again leading to a Nebraska coach getting fired.

Go Gophers!!

Hey and welcome to Husker Gopher talk.
Here I think most of us expected the defense to take their lumps this year but some young playmakers have shown up.
The offense has been frustrating from a play calling perspective. The slow pace and insistence on running down the other teams throat worked great for one game. I think a lot of us are hoping now that the team is down to really two promising but young backs that the Gophs throw the ball 25 times this week.

Husker fans have always been nice and fun! Looking forward to socializing with some good folks at and before the game. Both fan bases are fighting for pecking order and a sniff of the West title soon. Cheers!

We don't like your coach, his smug smile and his inability to appreciate a good slogan, but your fans are as good as they get. And your QB is mobile and that scares many of us.

Here's to a good game on Saturday, no injuries and a Gophers win once again leading to a Nebraska coach getting fired.

Go Gophers!!
I don't believe I've heard about this... care to elaborate?

Ski u mah or row the boat... what are we talking about?

We'd like to see the Big Ten West stronger as a conference.

This includes Minnesota and Nebraska.

This upcoming game will either be a nail-biter or a blowout. Both teams have their share of struggles this season.

Nebraska had tough loses against MSU and Michigan, and seem to shoot itself on the foot. Martinez scares the heck out of some Gopher fans. Minnesota is dealing with key injuries and inconsistency.

Regardless of which team wins, it's looking like a glorious weekend.

Welcome Nebraska fans! Stay longer, and spent more money! There's plenty to eat, see, and do.

Expecting a tough physical close football game between these two football teams Saturday. Losing Trey Potts has us down to our third string running back and that was a big health scare for our team and worried our fans a lot. Even had a thread that broke out to a lot of weird stuff and debate while Potts remained in hospital because Gopher fans at the Purdue game witnessed the medical situation and potential injury a lot of mystery surrounding it. Nothing real obvious during Purdue game, that game had some poor weather and field conditions.. Mr Potts was a really talented running back and he had become a work horse like Mo Ibrahim and was turning in to a fine Big 10 running back. So a lot of concern for his health and future. He was a big part of what we do on Offense as was Ibrahim. It's no secret we line it up and try to run the football, control the clock and try and hog the ball, try a nd be ball control, and create turnovers on defense. Been some consternation that play calling and lack of creativity and diversification in offense has held the Gophers back. We will see how we adjust as we are facing a better front 7, probably best since Ohio State, but we like to think we have a good offensive line. Seems like Nebraska has talent on offense, Martinez has had explosive plays and he has.played well against us at times, but as you have seen a few costly turnovers and Special teams have cost Hyskers this year. . Husker defense seems much improved since Illinous debacle a lot better at stopping the run but looks like you can throw the ball against there linebackers. We have played some good games then laid the giant turd against Bowling Green. Playing a lot if folks on defense that are starting to gel at the right time. Our Safties a nd corners have really stepped it up and improved team play. Expecting a really good football game, No doubt there is going to be some thumping and this going to be a war of wills, and chess game. Hopefully its not excessively windy like the next two days. This is going to be a bit of an Old School Big 10 slobber knocker Saturday. I don't think our coaches like each other much. Good luck, no injuries and Go Gophers, Ski-U -Mah and Row the boat!

Welcome.

Corn Nation is fun to listen to. To be honest, this has turned into a good rivalry the last few years. A far cry from 83-14. Minnesota has to have its "A" game for this but on the other hand, Scott just has to Scott.

Oh and hoodies ares strictly outlawed. Well, except for anyone that wants to wear one.

Welcome.

Corn Nation is fun to listen to. To be honest, this has turned into a good rivalry the last few years. A far cry from 83-14. Minnesota has to have its "A" game for this but on the other hand, Scott just has to Scott.

Oh and hoodies ares strictly outlawed. Well, except for anyone that wants to wear one.
Actually 84-13 but I am over it (never). Maybe I should grow up but that does not seem to be happening either.

Always enjoy seeing your fans at the bars the Friday before the game. I hope y'all look as unhappy as you did in '19 sitting in the rain watching the blackshirts be eaten by outside zone. But realistically I think you win this game more than not, the wild card is Adrian. If he gives us the 🏈 twice I think we are in a good spot. We're down our top two running backs so I think we'll be forced to pass upwards of 25 times.

I just hope that we aren’t the host for Nebraska’s coming out party. Gophers must somehow contain Martinez and Morgan has to shine or the game will quickly get out of hand
Not the first time we have seen Martinez and Fleck has had some pretty solid luck against Nebraska over the 4 previous meetings.

Just have to keep it close and give Nebraska time to invent a new way lose a close game. It is an artform they are perfecting under Frost.

No specific thoughts on the game beyond what Bleed well summarized in post #3.

As to my overall thoughts on Nebraska as a member of the Big Ten, I have lots of them. To touch on a few:

- downright pathetic and embarrassing, for the state of Nebraska and the Big Ten, that UNL immediately lost its AAU membership, making it now the only Big Ten school not good enough for inclusion

- Nebraska sucks away $5x million per year from the Big Ten ....... for what in exchange???

- men's bball team is awful

- football team has been awful, and I really don't see how/why it will ever get back to the level of the mid-late 90's/early 2000's. Even with using all that Big Ten money to build your $150M football temple. Still won't work.

Women's volleyball is a tremendous program, kudos there.

In hind sight, the Big Ten would have been so much better served, in all aspects, from adding Missouri.

Hey guys, been a while, not a whole lot to post about, my team has had it's struggles these last few years but how does everyone feel about this game?
Your fans thought you'd dominate once you joined the B1G.

In fact, you've done just the opposite. The only two sports Nebraska can boast about are volleyball and bowling.

Get better at football or go back where you came from.

And that fake "sellout" streak is laughable. You've been mooching off the conference since the day you arrived.

Feel pretty good about this one, gophers have a lot of guys who have done a lot of winning vs Nebraska, we are at home coming off a bye, you guys are playing your 8th game in a row after getting kicked in the nuts late vs Michigan. Two good defenses, I trust our offense to make a couple more plays than yours. I'm thinking it's 23-14 and Fleck moves to 4-1 vs Nebby, MN moves to 6-5 vs Nebby since joining the Big Ten

I’m really excited for this game, think it will be a good challenge against an improving Nebraska team and an Adrian that is finally starting to show some improvement and fulfillment of promise from his good freshman season. Many Gopherholers will openly pine for a version of Martinez, the rarest of players, ie someone that can pass and run on a somewhat consistent basis. Adrian is in 2021 completing 66% of his passes, 9.9 ypa, 9/3 TD to INT ratio and rushing for about 5 yards per carry. Not bad.

That’s a challenge for any defense. We have an athletic defense that will be asked to spy/contain him and hopefully force a couple turnovers. No idea what will happen.

The Gopher offense has been clunky in 2021 and laid an historic egg against a bottom feeder G5 team. I do expect them to improve, hopefully dramatically…now that we’re in Big Ten play. PJ has a history of playing down to the competition, IMO to stress his team in some sort of wierd psychological experiment or coaching strategy he witnessed elsewhere. Long story.

Part of the struggles has been a mash unit in the WR room. That should be fixed coming out of the bye. The two top RBs are hurt and done for the year. There are two very good looking freshmen behind them though and this will be their coming out party.

I expect a good game. As mentioned super stoked for this one. Let’s go!

Gopher fans like visiting Husker fans because Husker fans are much more amiable, better behaved and far less inebriated than Iowa and Wisconsin fans. The Gopher fan forum doesn't like Frost particularly, for reasons very different from why the Nebraska fan forum doesn't like Fleck. I think the Gopher fans have a healthy respect for the collection of raw, highly-rated talent on the Nebraska roster, and are amazed at how Frost has parlayed that talent into three losing seasons. Recent history tells us that we can beat Nebraska if we (1) don't turn the ball over, (2) don't give Nebraska any short fields, (3) keep Martinez contained and flustered, and (4) show some new wrinkles on offense that Frost & Co. weren't expecting. This is probably Frost's best team at Nebraska, and this year's brief history also shows that we don't want to fall too far behind Nebraska with a confident, unflustered Martinez at the helm, because that is when Nebraska's fire power might really unload (and our offense might struggle). Both of our teams are playing well defensively, but we haven't had to contend with a Martinez-type QB yet this year. I think this game could go either way, depending on which Martinez and which T. Morgan show up.

Last edited:

Gophergrandpa said it all ..."the game could go either way, depending on which Martinez and which T Morgan show up". For GHers physical and mental health, T Morgan must show up.

No specific thoughts on the game beyond what Bleed well summarized in post #3.

As to my overall thoughts on Nebraska as a member of the Big Ten, I have lots of them. To touch on a few:

- downright pathetic and embarrassing, for the state of Nebraska and the Big Ten, that UNL immediately lost its AAU membership, making it now the only Big Ten school not good enough for inclusion

- Nebraska sucks away $5x million per year from the Big Ten ....... for what in exchange???

- men's bball team is awful

- football team has been awful, and I really don't see how/why it will ever get back to the level of the mid-late 90's/early 2000's. Even with using all that Big Ten money to build your $150M football temple. Still won't work.

Women's volleyball is a tremendous program, kudos there.
No programs other than Minnesota from the mid 30s to early 40s and current Alabama can claim to hold a candle to what Nebraska was in the 90s. I never understand why people use that as a cudgel against them for accomplishing something that has few equals.

No programs other than Minnesota from the mid 30s to early 40s and current Alabama can claim to hold a candle to what Nebraska was in the 90s. I never understand why people use that as a cudgel against them for accomplishing something that has few equals.
How do you figure that?

What about Tennessee, Miami (FL), and Florida State, from various similar-ish timeframes?

How do you figure that?

What about Tennessee, Miami (FL), and Florida State, from various similar-ish timeframes?
Nebraska was in 4 "national championship" games in 5 years winning three of them. I should have included Miami, Florida State is close to that (might have been included), and Tennessee is no where near that level.

Top Bottom