So do we love PJ again?

GO4INLALALAND

Reaction score
This has been a roller coaster of a season already. Some have written PJ off (not a criticism). This was a great win and seems to rejuvenate things, but there is still a lot of season left. If we can build on this PJ’s seat cools of tremendously. But, we need to make a bowl for me to go all in on PJ.

giphy.gif

This is why there were those of us so adamant that it was not time to even be floating the idea of firing Fleck early in the season.

There are fans that get so over the top after wins and loses and want to make drastic decisions. Need to let the season play out and judge things on the whole body of work so that you don't over react to the good or bad in the moment.

This is why there were those of us so adamant that it was not time to even be floating the idea of firing Fleck early in the season.

There are fans that get so over the top after wins and loses and want to make drastic decisions. Need to let the season play out and judge things on the whole body of work so that you don't over react to the good or bad in the moment.
Well said.

I could live with it if they didn't score on 4th and 1, and lost. If you're going to go down, go down swinging.
If they kicked the field goal and won, I'd have understood, but wouldn't have liked it. If they kick and lost anyway, I'd still be filled with rage.

Too early to fully judge the season but the win helps. It's still going to be a fight to get to 6-6 which should be the bare minimum. We're also still 0-2 against rivals this season so there's a lot of pressure on the last 2 weeks.

Anything less than 6-6 with at least 1 of those wins coming against Penn State or Wisconsin and his seat should be hot. One good win can't make up for a bad season overall, especially a good win about a team we don't have much history with. On the other end, if they find a way to only lose one or two more games, this becomes the huge turnaround that saves the season.

I could live with it if they didn't score on 4th and 1, and lost. If you're going to go down, go down swinging.
If they kicked the field goal and won, I'd have understood, but wouldn't have liked it. If they kick and lost anyway, I'd still be filled with rage.
I agree 100%.

Too early to fully judge the season but the win helps. It's still going to be a fight to get to 6-6 which should be the bare minimum. We're also still 0-2 against rivals this season so there's a lot of pressure on the last 2 weeks.

Anything less than 6-6 with at least 1 of those wins coming against Penn State or Wisconsin and his seat should be hot. One good win can't make up for a bad season overall, especially a good win about a team we don't have much history with. On the other end, if they find a way to only lose one or two more games, this becomes the huge turnaround that saves the season.
Great analysis.

No faith in the kicker

Right! Where are all the PJ haters at now? 2 weeks ago everyone as coming for his head and now look. So hot and cold with this forum. RTMFB. See yall next week. Boutta be 2-0 vs LA teams.

How Fleck handled the end of the first half following the fumble recovery was again terrible, and could have cost us the game. USC probably felt they'd won the lottery when we came out with running plays after that. However to Fleck's credit, he ditched the terrified coach act after the 4th quarter turnover and came out guns blazing. It yielded results and was a fun way to win, so maybe, just maybe, he's learned to trust his players for next time.

Still in the minimum requirement for a successful season is a bowl game. He’s 1-2 now in the coin flip games thought before the year started (arguably 1-3 with how the teams have unfolded). Is a great win but doesn’t delete the flat other parts. Think the team and pj would agree the season has not been good so far

Still in the minimum requirement for a successful season is a bowl game. He’s 1-2 now in the coin flip games thought before the year started (arguably 1-3 with how the teams have unfolded). Is a great win but doesn’t delete the flat other parts. Think the team and pj would agree the season has not been good so far
No question we’ve had some deflating losses. I like our chances against UCLA. But away games are tough.

The once weird bald guy, Coach Fleck is one of us now, he is a Minnesotan. He has established a program and culture that is sustaining. We have game day traditions that are sticking and fun. People are tailgating again. The enthusiasm with the students and student body is on point, for the U. This year and last is something a lot of alumni never got to experience as a student the fun game day atmosphere. The in game enthusiasm this year at the bank, has been there from the first game forward. Never not been supportive of keeping this coach and continuing to build. Bought back into season tickets after giving them up in 2016 and had had them since 1996 but still bought single game packages. Been back with 4 seats since 2022 because I belive in PJ and his staff. I'm hooked as a Gopher fan, and College football is worth the investment, you take the good with rhe bad, and I'm fortunate I'm a Gopher fan.

Top Bottom