So are we gonna be Ranked this week?

We all know that the Bowling Green loss was a real big smudge...I mean Big smudge. Everyone comes back to that terrible loss. Bottom-line is that the Gophers should have played better. That's why the Gophers aren't getting total respect. Bowling Green.

Uhhhh, no. Not "everyone". Just some folks.

The Gophers just won their fourth straight game and moved into position alone in first place in the B1G West. Some people want to enjoy that. Savor the moment.

But some folks still want to talk about Bowling Green. Not everyone, mind you; just some folks.

We all know that the Bowling Green loss was a real big smudge...I mean Big smudge. Everyone comes back to that terrible loss. Bottom-line is that the Gophers should have played better. That's why the Gophers aren't getting total respect. Bowling Green.
I like having them a little under the radar right now. I'm sure Iowa and Wisconsin, others don't take them that seriously because of Bowling Green.

Curtis Dunlap left the team after Bowling Green.
I wonder if if he had left sooner if we wouldn't had been better off to eliminate that odd rotation that was going on.

Uhhhh, no. Not "everyone". Just some folks.

The Gophers just won their fourth straight game and moved into position alone in first place in the B1G West. Some people want to enjoy that. Savor the moment.

But some folks still want to talk about Bowling Green. Not everyone, mind you; just some folks.
It's a thread about the Gopher chances of being ranked this week. You think losing at home to BG ISN’T relevant?

We will either be at the bottom of the top 25 or just outside of it Win next week and we will be ranked. Iowa, got a lot of credit for beating a highly regarded Iowa St team, the current reality is that Iowa St isn't that good.

It's a thread about the Gopher chances of being ranked this week. You think losing at home to BG ISN’T relevant?

I think being ranked this week is incredibly unimportant. Also, losing to Bowling Green is not the end of our season, nor is it the end of hopes and dreams, as some people seem to think.

Beating Iowa and beating Wisconsin and winning the B1G West and winning the B1G are important. And losing to Bowling Green has no impact whatsoever on any of those.

We will either be at the bottom of the top 25 or just outside of it Win next week and we will be ranked. Iowa, got a lot of credit for beating a highly regarded Iowa St team, the current reality is that Iowa St isn't that good.
Neither is whyowa... Would be nice for the Gophs to pass them up. Every season has so much potential for change from start to finish. Fun to watch.

I think being ranked this week is incredibly unimportant. Also, losing to Bowling Green is not the end of our season, nor is it the end of hopes and dreams.

Beating Iowa and beating Wisconsin and winning the B1G West and winning the B1G are important.
All of that may be true, but ITS A THREAD ABOUT BEING RANKED THIS WEEK.

Jeebus.

All of that may be true, but ITS A THREAD ABOUT BEING RANKED THIS WEEK.

Jeebus.

Yes, actually all of that IS, undeniably, true. Not, "may be true". Is true.

And I'm here to say that being ranked this week is incredibly unimportant. It means nothing.

Then maybe DONT CLICK INTO A THREAD ABOUT BEING RANKED THIS WEEK!

Excuse me, but if I want to comment on this or any other thread, I will do so. And, a thread about being ranked this week seems like a perfect place to posit my opinion about being ranked this week, which is:

being ranked this week is really, really unimportant.

Excuse me, but if I want to comment on this or any other thread, I will do so. And, a thread about being ranked this week seems like a perfect place to posit my opinion about being ranked this week, which is:

thank you for saving us from ourselves

Wisconsin will be ranked they beat #9.
and lost to PSU Norte Dame and Michigan.

We will not be ranked. Yet.

I don't think the Gophers will get past 10 votes without a win at Kinnick

With how Iowa is fading we could see a 9-2 Gopher team just barely ranked (20-25) in human polls for the Axe game

Computers are going to start having Gophers in their top 25 very soon, or did after last week.

What if we end up being ranked this week? What if we are not ranked?

Will it change your perceptions of the team, or the season, either way?

I disagree that being ranked, in ANY week, is unimportant, but that's just my opinion.

Regardless, what we were discussing was whether or not losing to BG was one very relevant factor in whether the Gophers will or won't be ranked.

What if we end up being ranked this week? What if we are not ranked?

Will it change your perceptions of the team, or the season, either way?
Will it change recruits perceptions? Bowl selection committees? TV scheduling muckymucks?

Being ranked matters.

And again, I understand the Gophers control their own destiny. That's not what's being discusses.

I disagree that being ranked, in ANY week, is unimportant, but that's just my opinion.

Regardless, what we were discussing was whether or not losing to BG was one very relevant factor in whether the Gophers will or won't be ranked.

Oh. Okay.

Of course it will be a factor in rankings this week.

I didn't see "Bowling Green" in the thread title; but the again, Bowling Green is in every thread.

Probably true, and probably as it should be.
Im guessing WI will be ranked, but PSU likely drops from the rankings if they lose to OSU. MI and ND are pretenders and overinflated. So, WI losses aren’t all that impressive (and, honestly, they got spanked by ND and MI). MN will be ranked if they beat IL next week.
I’m curious how far IA will drop though. They’ll have no wins against current top 25 teams (assuming PSU loses tonight and is unranked) and have gotten spanked themselves the last two games. I’m guessing around 20 with WI being one spot ahead.

Will it change recruits perceptions? Bowl selection committees? TV scheduling muckymucks?

Being ranked matters.

And again, I understand the Gophers control their own destiny. That's not what's being discusses.

Okay. I give up. Bowling Green 'til the cows come home.

Im guessing WI will be ranked, but PSU likely drops from the rankings if they lose to OSU. MI and ND are pretenders and overinflated. So, WI losses aren’t all that impressive (and, honestly, they got spanked by ND and MI). MN will be ranked if they beat IL next week.
I’m curious how far IA will drop though. They’ll have no wins against current top 25 teams (assuming PSU loses tonight and is unranked) and have gotten spanked themselves the last two games. I’m guessing around 20 with WI being one spot ahead.

If rankings are, indeed, the be-all and end-all, then stay tuned because we're a long way from the finish line.

I'm not worried about the polls, I am going to be interested in the CFP rankings to see if we sneak in

Top Bottom