SMU player apparently hit Jerry Kill with a helmet while celebrating after beating TCU

Of all things that a MN FB fan has to worry about or write about right now what did or did not happen to a former coach should be very low on the list.
Unless, of course, some of you had a daddy complex with Kill.
We can think about more than one thing.

How much I worry about the team won't change anything.

says the guy posting in a thread about a what may or may not have happened to a former MN coach.
Who is also posting on an opposing team's message board.

in light of the new evidence - I apologize to Jerry kill and regret my earlier post in this thread.

Apparently Ol’ Jer didn’t get hit by anything post-game, according to the SMU AD.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...mu-alleges-flag-planting-incident-was-planned

Patterson on Tuesday said SMU orchestrated an attempt to plant its flag at midfield at Amon G. Carter Stadium if the Mustangs won. After SMU's 42-34 victory, several players tried to plant the flag at midfield. TCU players responded to the attempt, and Horned Frogs assistant coach Jerry Kill sustained a concussion after being knocked down twice on the field. Kill, the former Minnesota and Northern Illinois head coach, has epilepsy, but he is OK and has returned to work, Patterson said.

Kill, 60, was initially knocked down by a TCU player during the fracas. Patterson said he wasn't sure if a TCU or SMU player knocked Kill down the second time.

"You don't think it was planned?" Patterson said of the flag-planting attempt, according to the Fort Worth Star Telegram. "They had a media person from their office that was out filming the flag getting set in the middle of the field. ... A guy [Kill] got hurt. He got pushed down by our kids once on film in the middle of it, and he got hit, because I've got the proof to show it.

"At the end of the day, whether it's SMU, TCU, I can't substantiate it. But at the end of the day, it wouldn't have happened if we didn't have the flag situation."

This probably doesn't help SMU's chances of getting picked up by the Big XII.

"They hate you 'cause they take a song that you wrote about COVID and getting back to families and they make fun of you," Patterson said Tuesday. "If I had the time, I'd go out and get all the copyright laws and I'd get after their ass, but I've got Longhorns on my mind right now. Not them. I'm glad they keep substantiating our existence of where we're at and how we do things."

Copyright? Seriously?

"They hate you 'cause they take a song that you wrote about COVID and getting back to families and they make fun of you," Patterson said Tuesday. "If I had the time, I'd go out and get all the copyright laws and I'd get after their ass, but I've got Longhorns on my mind right now. Not them. I'm glad they keep substantiating our existence of where we're at and how we do things."

Copyright? Seriously?
Yeah, Gary should "Take a Step Back." I don't see any copyright violation in parodying his song. If he really wants something to be mad about, it should be that, by making fun of his song, they have made more people aware of the fact that he recorded that turd in the first place. I, for one, have lost a lot of respect for him.

Gary Patterson "Take a Step Back"

Last edited:

Copyright? Seriously?
Gary IRL:

Yeah, Gary should "Take a Step Back." I don't see any copyright violation in parodying his song. If he really wants something to be mad about, it should be that, by making fun of his song, they have made more people aware of the fact that he recorded that turd in the first place. I, for one, have lost a lot of respect for him.

Gary Patterson "Take a Step Back"
.... this is real life.

What an absolute embarrassment. How would you feel as a player on that team ... that's your coach.

.... this is real life.

What an absolute embarrassment. How would you feel as a player on that team ... that's your coach.

I don’t know, as far as the genre goes not bad at all. Patterson has a much better singing voice than I would have predicted based on his croaking through halftime and postgame interviews. I’m having a hard time remembering who he sounds like.

Kill-gate continues

.... this is real life.

Ya, well, we have our own embarrassment. Two days after getting bullied by the big bad Bowling Green coach using strategy we had no answers for we confess we really had no answers during the game or even now.
Patterson is at least chasing ghosts....something PJ liked to do in the past. Now, PJ just admits he's lost.

Similar to when the FBI cannot catch the suspect…… the suspect is described as very intelligent.

Clearly a different story at this point. Wonder what Kill said to Patterson as a Helmet whack would be much different as to this falling. I would think Kill feels kind of sheepish at this point. Well, maybe not. Clearly not a tough Texan though.
This isn’t the first time Fat Gary has embellished the truth. I hope my Longhorns kick his ass tomorrow.

Of all things that a MN FB fan has to worry about or write about right now what did or did not happen to a former coach should be very low on the list.
Unless, of course, some of you had a daddy complex with Kill.
Welcome to message boards.

This is a Gopher message board, so sometimes people will talk about former gophers. Sometimes they'll talk about future gophers. Get this. . . sometimes. . . the discussion isn't even about Gophers.

This isn’t the first time Fat Gary has embellished the truth. I hope my Longhorns kick his ass tomorrow.
This is just it. Gary Patterson is a loud mouthed blow hard and I really don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Patterson would have started yapping about this incident without Jerry saying he was hit by an SMU player. I also wouldn't put it past Jerry to say he was. I think both are about equally as likely.

This is just it. Gary Patterson is a loud mouthed blow hard and I really don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Patterson would have started yapping about this incident without Jerry saying he was hit by an SMU player. I also wouldn't put it past Jerry to say he was. I think both are about equally as likely.

Bob you're on fire today!!

Poor Jerry Kiill...."I'll never coach again in College Football (sob sob crying crying)"...what's with this guys drama? So tired of this guy.

Top Bottom