Sid Confident of White's Return

thestl

Reaction score
Pardon me if this has been posted, but...

"Speaking of players with off-court problems, look for White, who dropped out of school, to return to the team. I'm confident Smith will take him back. White and his grandfather Frank, one of the top sportsmen in the area, are scheduled to meet with the Gophers coach in the near future. White left the school in good shape academically."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/85742627.html?page=2&c=y

This is a pretty confident statement by Sid, wouldn't you say?

I hope he's right, but at the same time I'm so sick of hearing "White" all the time. We are the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

He'll be back. In black(maroon and gold if you prefer). and rocking it next season. with no problems.

He'll be back. In black(maroon and gold if you prefer). and rocking it next season. with no problems.

What else is he going to do? He doesn't have as many options as people think imo. Overseas? Who's heard of him overseas? I think he'll be back for at least one year.

What else is he going to do? He doesn't have as many options as people think imo. Overseas? Who's heard of him overseas? I think he'll be back for at least one year.

Who has heard of him overseas? Um, the people who matter. American agents and the teams' general managers.

Sid was just on WCCO again this morning and restated that Grandpa White is meeting with Clem within the next two weeks. I wonder if he actually knows this or just heard it from the comment made earlier from Frank himself. Not that any of our sports writers would take the easy road on a story.....uggh.

Sid was just on WCCO again this morning and restated that Grandpa White is meeting with Clem within the next two weeks. I wonder if he actually knows this or just heard it from the comment made earlier from Frank himself. Not that any of our sports writers would take the easy road on a story.....uggh

Hopefully Grandpa White will also meet with Tubby.

Oooops. Funny. Sorry about that. Tubby not Clem. Uff da!

Oooops. Funny. Sorry about that. Tubby not Clem. Uff da!

He'll meet with Tubby first. Once he is back in school he will meet with Clem for 'extra help'. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Well this is good news. Yeah, everyone is sick of hearing about Royce White but if he gets back on the team I really don't see how he could mess it up again.

Well this is good news. Yeah, everyone is sick of hearing about Royce White but if he gets back on the team I really don't see how he could mess it up again.

I can think of 1000 ways RW could screw it up yet again.

I hope he gets his life figured out and I hope he plays for us next year. If Tubby is willing to give him another chance, he would be idiotic to pass it up. But don't for a second think it is going to come without strings attached for RW.

RW might want to start by scrapping that "explanation video" he said he was working on. If I'm Tubby, that's the last thing that would get RW in my good graces. For the 400th time, RW, just shut-up. Stay out of the news.

Count me as concerned

I hear via Myron that a sports psychologist was brought in prior to the Wisc. game - which has apparently had a very positive result. I consider the distraction of White to be a primary factor in the difficulties this team has had this season. While I would love to see White be successful and contribute to this team's success in the future, count me as concerned about this scenario.

Not that my concern has one bit of importance, but I for one will likely quit message boarding if Royce returns. I will not want to participate in the hype and potential crash again. It has been a factor in my participation here this year. I am sick of the Royce watch and will not be up for another year of it.

And please, spare me the reactions that I'm hating on Royce. See above. I just hate soap operas and personal dramas - they are draining and IMO they were draining for the team this year. Royce is officially a non-factor for the first time this year and the team starts to play like they mean it - finally. Coincidence?

Yeah, everyone is sick of hearing about Royce White but if he gets back on the team I really don't see how he could mess it up again.

If a person googles "Eternal Optimist" stocker's name and photo appear at the top of the page.
The same result happens if you google "Get a Clue", or "What Color is the Sky in Your World?".

If a person googles "Eternal Optimist" stocker's name and photo appears at the top of the page.
The same result happens if you google "Get a Clue", or "What Color is the Sky in Your World".

Clearly Royce has made some bad decisions. He isn't an idiot. He is a diva. If he is allowed back on the team, it will be on Tubby's terms. By this point in time, Royce I am sure understands that.

Just because you read a message board regularly does not mean you know this kid personally. To assume that he is a f*** up, and to ASSUME he will probably mess up again is unfortunately the negative outlook you share with many people here.

Clearly Royce has made some bad decisions. He isn't an idiot. He is a diva. If he is allowed back on the team, it will be on Tubby's terms. By this point in time, Royce I am sure understands that.

Does he? I'm not convinced. If he makes another idiotic video with any reference to basketball, he will seal his fate with me - and likely Tubby too.

Just because you read a message board regularly does not mean you know this kid personally. To assume that he is a f*** up, and to ASSUME he will probably mess up again is unfortunately the negative outlook you share with many people here.

If you do know him personally, tell him to shut-up and stay out of the news. Everytime he opens his trap - high IQ or not - he has hurt himself. The most obvious example of this is the "press conference" on the courthouse steps a week before all was settled. Who in their right mind would talk that much - and what lawyer would let him - before a case is settled? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

RW has made his own bed. He may be smart, but he needs grow up before he flushes the winning lottery ticket he has yet to cash down the drain.

stocker

To be fair, if someone has a long history of "effing up", it is not unreasonable or negative to expect that person to "ef up" again!

There is no evidence the young man can live by anyone's terms but his own.

If he had been living by Tubby's terms he would still be in school.

He quit school, he quit on the team, and he quit on Tubby.

Count me along side Moonlight's earlier comment.

Just IMHO.

Like I said, yes he has made some mistakes, but at this point in time he is not just messing with the team anymore. Now he is hurting/ruining his future if continues to act like this. I do not think he will do that. He was trying to strong arm Tubby and was unsuccessful. Now his options are play by the rules and someday play in the NBA (most likely) or continue to make an ass of himself and try to get some other team to put up with his crap.

Now.....which one of those options seem more likely? Even the most headstrong recruit could answer that one.

Does he? I'm not convinced. If he makes another idiotic video with any reference to basketball, he will seal his fate with me - and likely Tubby too.

If you do know him personally, tell him to shut-up and stay out of the news. Everytime he opens his trap - high IQ or not - he has hurt himself. The most obvious example of this is the "press conference" on the courthouse steps a week before all was settled. Who in their right mind would talk that much - and what lawyer would let him - before a case is settled? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

RW has made his own bed. He may be smart, but he needs grow up before he flushes the winning lottery ticket he has yet to cash down the drain.

You know, its all speculation. He can continue to act like a fool but its a huge risk on his part. I am looking at it this way; he has a great shot at someday being drafted into the NBA and making a bunch of money. He is hurting that opportunity right now. I am sure he is logical enough to know when to quit acting like a child. He has a golden ticket right now, he won't trade it in for a youtube video.

I am sure he is logical enough to know when to quit acting like a child. He has a golden ticket right now, he won't trade it in for a youtube video.

We'll see. I truly hope you are right.

I hear via Myron that a sports psychologist was brought in prior to the Wisc. game - which has apparently had a very positive result. I consider the distraction of White to be a primary factor in the difficulties this team has had this season. While I would love to see White be successful and contribute to this team's success in the future, count me as concerned about this scenario.

1.)Not that my concern has one bit of importance, 2.)but I for one will likely quit message boarding if Royce returns. I will not want to participate in the hype and potential crash again. It has been a factor in my participation here this year. I am sick of the Royce watch and will not be up for another year of it.

And please, spare me the reactions that I'm hating on Royce. See above. I just hate soap operas and personal dramas - they are draining and IMO they were draining for the team this year. Royce is officially a non-factor for the first time this year and the team starts to play like they mean it - finally. 3.)Coincidence?

1.) you are correct

2.) oh well. don't let the door hit you in the "you know what" on the way out.

3a.) yes, it was conincidence.

3b.) get over yourself......please

:rolleyes:

Everytime Royce opens his mouth or makes another video he hurts his chances with Tubby and makes the fan base like him less. If he shut up long ago he would have been playing by now.

Not that my concern has one bit of importance, but I for one will likely quit message boarding if Royce returns. I will not want to participate in the hype and potential crash again. It has been a factor in my participation here this year. I am sick of the Royce watch and will not be up for another year of it.

And please, spare me the reactions that I'm hating on Royce. See above. I just hate soap operas and personal dramas - they are draining and IMO they were draining for the team this year. Royce is officially a non-factor for the first time this year and the team starts to play like they mean it - finally. Coincidence?

ML - you can't mean that! You've been part of this community for years, and GH would not be the same without you. Plus, I know you - and you are a good person and a good fan. As a person, you have to want a kid that's been confused and frustrated to get an education. As a fan, you have to know we desperately need a power forward.

If you really hated soap operas, you wouldn't be the amazing author of Bold and the GopherHole...I am waiting for the next installment, fyi ;)

Royce's grandfather was on Rosen's show last night. He is a very articulate and impressive man. I hope Royce will listen to him and seek advice from him. If Royce turns out to be anything like his grandfather we will all be proud of him when he matures.

Anything printed by Sid Hartman should be questioned. Did you know he does very little writing? In fact, rarely does he do anything more than fill in a few transition paragraphs between long, exhausting quotes taken from another reporter.

If I were to trust anyone's word, It would have to be Jesus Christ's. I mean let's be honest, with everything the guy's been through and his vast knowledge of what's going to happen in the future how could you second guess him?

Top Bottom