SIAP: Living Social deal for TCU game

Choose from the following offers:
• $30 ($50 value) for an upper level corner ticket (September 3 vs. TCU)
• $149 ($249 value) for a premium outdoor club ticket with access to DQ Club (September 3 vs. TCU)
• $15 ($30 value) for an upper level corner ticket (September 19 vs. Kent State)
• $79 ($99 value) for a premium outdoor club ticket with access to DQ Club (September 19 vs. Kent State)

Go Gophers!!

Seat Donations

The increasing seat donation is going to be so pathetic the next 2 seasons. Our Gophers (a solid team) will be playing in front of 30,000 fans. Our donations are a fraction of what they will be in 2 years, we're coming off our 1st NYD Bowl in 50+ years, have a home schedule of TCU (ranked 2nd), Michigan, Nebraska, & Wisconsin.....yet we're running this type of crap to sell tickets:

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/1494110-university-of-minnesota-football-game-ticket?
append_ref_code=home_page_showcase_i2

You can buy a season ticket in the upper level for $45/game or you can get the TCU & Kent Game for $45 TOGETHER.

They've done this crap so long, its amazing the season ticket holders we do have, how loyal (or dumb) they are!

<iframe src='http://gfycat.com/ifr/UntimelyZigzagFugu' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='650' height='366' style='-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);' ></iframe>

Can't wait for practice to start.

The increasing seat donation is going to be so pathetic the next 2 seasons. Our Gophers (a solid team) will be playing in front of 30,000 fans. Our donations are a fraction of what they will be in 2 years, we're coming off our 1st NYD Bowl in 50+ years, have a home schedule of TCU (ranked 2nd), Michigan, Nebraska, & Wisconsin.....yet we're running this type of crap to sell tickets:

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/1494110-university-of-minnesota-football-game-ticket?
append_ref_code=home_page_showcase_i2

You can buy a season ticket in the upper level for $45/game or you can get the TCU & Kent Game for $45 TOGETHER.

They've done this crap so long, its amazing the season ticket holders we do have, how loyal (or dumb) they are!

Don't be so grumpy.

Love this. I already have way better season ticket seats than the ones available, and this will make the atmosphere much better for my personal experience.

The increasing seat donation is going to be so pathetic the next 2 seasons. Our Gophers (a solid team) will be playing in front of 30,000 fans.

Wait...you're upset about the increases in donations?

Love this. I already have way better season ticket seats than the ones available, and this will make the atmosphere much better for my personal experience.

Yep, anything that gets actual butts in seats is good in my book.
I'm worried about the TCU game being completely sold out including bleachers and student section, and then having 5-10,000 season ticket holders not show up because (insert bad excuse).

We have a long, long ways to go as a fan base to where people don't just show up, they show up early, loud, and crazy.

You're pissing and moaning about season ticket prices in reference to two NON-CONFERENCE games?

Try getting into prices for conference games before you get too worked up.

After the great turn out for the Missouri game I expected our season tix base to grow by 5000 or so... then the seat licence deal imploded that idea - with the great home schedule - the adm. is happy? with 88% season ticket renewal!
Norwood could have filled the TCF stadium - wait till the next years' increases lowers season tickets more...

OK back on topic. Send this link to your friends folks. I don't care that I paid full price. Like the other poster said, a full house will make the night more enjoyable for me so bring it on.

Can someone tell Coach Kill to make a public plea that if they are not going to show up at the TCU games to sell or give their tickets to someone?

It will be very disappointing to go to a "sold out" game and notice empty seats, especially the premium ones.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you can't get fired up for this TCU game, what can you? 1st game of the year, under the lights, against the #2 team in the nation. I knew we'd lose some attendance, but this is really surprising...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's fun watching the counter on the living social page go up as ticket sales increase

It's fun watching the counter on the living social page go up as ticket sales increase

i thought that too! when i first saw it, it was at like 98 tickets sold, now its at 122. i already hit "refresh" on gopherhole all day, i can't do it on living social as well! i'm such a rube!

The game will be a sellout. Most people will just start to think about football season this weekend, with the Hall of Fame game, and will see more and more of it on TV throughout the NFL preseason and as colleges get practicing. Right now most folks are still in summer mode.

As far as season ticket sales go, we're well on our way to selling more this year than last year. The awesome home schedule helps (next year ... not so much) but the donation increase hasn't put a big damper on 2015.

This may be a dumb question (I've been traveling a lot and haven't had much GH time) - but I'm assuming that they're not giving away the 5K to the freshman this game? Are they going to give them tickets to the 2nd game?

I mean, at this point, I'd rather have 5K rowdy freshman help the home field advantage than selling discounted tickets.

This may be a dumb question (I've been traveling a lot and haven't had much GH time) - but I'm assuming that they're not giving away the 5K to the freshman this game? Are they going to give them tickets to the 2nd game?

I mean, at this point, I'd rather have 5K rowdy freshman help the home field advantage than selling discounted tickets.

As far as what everyone has been saying, freshmen and transfers get a free ticket for Welcome Week.

It's part of the welcome week program I'm pretty sure. So I would assume they are. I bet you can call orientation and first year programs and they can tell you for sure.

Edit: Just checked, here it is. They are giving tickets to all first year students, freshmen and transfer: http://www.ofyp.umn.edu/welcome-programs/welcome-week/schedule#quicktabs-welcome_week_events=1

As far as what everyone has been saying, freshmen and transfers get a free ticket for Welcome Week.

It's part of the welcome week program I'm pretty sure. So I would assume they are. I bet you can call orientation and first year programs and they can tell you for sure.

So...does this mean the 6-7K after we gave away the 5K to students???

So...does this mean the 6-7K after we gave away the 5K to students???

I bet it does. If they hadn't already removed the 5k from "tickets remaining" that would mean there would only be 1k - 2k left, and if that were the case the athletic department wouldn't be working with Living Social in order to increase ticket sales.

On a similar note, I find it interesting that the athletic department went this route. If they were confident in a sellout, they would be charging full price via there website instead of selling tickets through Living Social for 1/2 price. Losing out on a good chunk of revenue, IMO.

bronco.jpg

You want ticket buyers to show up? Stop allowing corporations to deduct ticket purchases on their income taxes and you will see way fewer no shows. Of course, you'll also see way fewer butts in the seats. It's the world we live in.

Just an FYI - I reached out the U, and they are going to get me the number this afternoon and clarify. Better to go right to the source, right? Nice of them to pull this stuff for us :).

View attachment 3679

You want ticket buyers to show up? Stop allowing corporations to deduct ticket purchases on their income taxes and you will see way fewer no shows. Of course, you'll also see way fewer butts in the seats. It's the world we live in.

Would be cool to see fan relations come up with some kind of spiff that accumulates points based on not only tickets purchased, but tickets scanned at the gate.

I love going but there is always a clunker ticket that I could care less about. If Ohio wasn't homecoming I wouldn't blame people for no showing there. Buying season tickets isn't a suicide pact, if they schedule games that make me question whether I want to attend or rub rusty barb wire over my gums they have some culpability.

For the most part, it doesn't matter to me who they play. It is the whole experience of hanging out with a large group of friends. Having some drinks. And enjoying the Gophers play some football. Playing better teams is only an added bonus. Nothing beats football Saturday's for our group.

And these Living Social deals basically breakdown the ticket prices one step further. Donation seats non donation seats and then these seats at a "reduced" price. But really, it is no different than the cheaper tickets in those upper level ends in corners near the top like for the Vikings, Wolves and Wild. But if people think they are getting a deal, more likely to buy and try out Gopher football. Great idea. Hope they do it for every game!

Just an FYI - I reached out the U, and they are going to get me the number this afternoon and clarify. Better to go right to the source, right? Nice of them to pull this stuff for us :).

Shame on you! You are breaking a cardinal rule here at the Gopher Hole to always speculate instead of going to the source. This is a very bad precedent! What are you trying to do, impress Dr.Don?

Whatever gets butts in the seats. With only 29K in season tickets sold to the general public, the ticket office has to get creative to sell their large inventory.

Whatever gets butts in the seats. With only 29K in season tickets sold to the general public, the ticket office has to get creative to sell their large inventory.

Where did you pull that number out of, your axe?

Top Bottom