Shut Down Athletcs

No way do we shut down athletics because some guys are asshats. There are bad people everywhere in society. What we need is better leadership to do a better job of not bringing bad people to the campus. If they do end up here getting them out. Playing football at the U is a privilege and these athletes need to be a reflection of what we want the University of Minnesota to be.

Now more than ever I want Claeys gone.

Come again?

No way do we shut down athletics because some guys are asshats. There are bad people everywhere in society. What we need is better leadership to do a better job of not bringing bad people to the campus. If they do end up here getting them out. Playing football at the U is a privilege and these athletes need to be a reflection of what we want the University of Minnesota to be.

Written by king A$$hat himself. Go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rather than shut down athletics, I say let's get some administrators, AD, HC who will support the players. The present administrators are lapping at the PC bowl. Sad

Agreed. Let's get Jay Paterno to replace Claeys and then beg the former AD from Baylor, Ian McCaw (he's now at Liberty U.) to take over for Coyle. We'll bring in former Wisconsin associate AD John Chadima as his right hand man (wink, wink) and then open the checkbook to bribe the NCAA to let us hire Dave Bliss to replace Pitino. It's all coming together!

Your desire to have Claeys gone is the sole reason for your initial paragraph.

Agreed. Let's get Jay Paterno to replace Claeys and then beg the former AD from Baylor, Ian McCaw (he's now at Liberty U.) to take over for Coyle. We'll bring in former Wisconsin associate AD John Chadima as his right hand man (wink, wink) and then open the checkbook to bribe the NCAA to let us hire Dave Bliss to replace Pitino. It's all coming together!

Our University already took a really strong stance when they suspended the players during the whole ordeal. Comparing a University that took those steps but wasn't bullied by a group like the EoAA with the scum you're mentioning is about as big of a swing and miss as I can imagine.

The school did the right thing. They let the judicial process play out. They didn't hide anything. Your comparison is awful.

The school did the right thing. They let the judicial process play out. They didn't hide anything. Your comparison is awful.

And then the University conducted its own investigation and now many here want to burn the University down because of it.

And then the University conducted its own investigation and now many here want to burn the University down because of it.

Are you comparing the judicial process to the investigation done by the EOAA?

You don't need to follow them. You don't need to go to athletic message boards. Problem solved.

Minn doesn't need a football team. Problems. Plural. Solved.

ZTA, if you just stop following the teams, you have nothing to worry about. I don't care about what goes on in European soccer or NASCAR or women's lacrosse, because I don't follow any of them and they play no role in my life. There could be a million different drug and sex scandals going on right now, and I would have no idea, nor would I care. You can do the same with Gopher sports. You won't care what's happening. They're not going to shut down Gopher athletics because your poor widdle feelings get hurt.

Stop government funding using taxpayer dollars for athletics. My feelings are not the issue. And if you stop stalking it would be appreciated.

Just shut down the programs.

There is no way for TC or any other coach to compete when dealing with this type of crap. I will say it again - the level playing field at U of MN is drastically slanted, in many ways.

Why should all athletics be shutdown when this is a football issue?>

Minn doesn't need a football team. Problems. Plural. Solved.

Seriously dude, who makes you follow?

Why do you feel the need to drag others into your misery?

Your so fed up with it you spend time posting here?

You are sad. Go away. We all win.

Seriously dude, who makes you follow?

Why do you feel the need to drag others into your misery?

Your so fed up with it you spend time posting here?

You are sad. Go away. We all win.

The program has been a disaster for decades. Plural. Stating an opinion that u disagree with.

Too bad.

Just shut down the programs.

There is no way for TC or any other coach to compete when dealing with this type of crap. I will say it again - the level playing field at U of MN is drastically slanted, in many ways.

The level playing field is slanted? Huh? If it's level, how is it slanted?

The program has been a disaster for decades. Plural. Stating an opinion that u disagree with.

Too bad.

Again - if you are so disgusted and want nothing to do with it then why follow the programs (plural) and why spend your time bitching on an athletics message board. Hypocrite. Singular.

Did you forget about the Dorsey situation?

If 5 members of the basketball team got accused of this and were being threatened with expulsion or year long suspensions, that would be different.

1 player doesn't mean a program should be shelved.

10 players on the other hand is a whole different ballgame.

Edit: my God I cannot type tonight

I can give you about 30-50 million reasons a year.

Maybe it's because I'm dealing with a migraine right now, but I don't follow?

Wouldn't shutting down all athletics hurt the university more than just the football team?

I get the football programs generates most of the income, is that where you are coming from?

Again - if you are so disgusted and want nothing to do with it then why follow the programs (plural) and why spend your time bitching on an athletics message board. Hypocrite. Singular.

Listen @sshole I have been a loyal fan for decades and spent a small fortune buying tickets for both football and basketball. I enjoy college sports and love the gophers

You don't like the reality of the situation. I get it. Reality is the football program has for the most part been poor at best for decades. Can't accept it? Tough $hit. Grow up.

This situation represents all that is wrong with the program. The damage from this one will last a long long time.

Listen @sshole I have been a loyal fan for decades and spent a small fortune buying tickets for both football and basketball. I enjoy college sports and love the gophers

You don't like the reality of the situation. I get it. Reality is the football program has for the most part been poor at best for decades. Can't accept it? Tough $hit. Grow up.

This situation represents all that is wrong with the program. The damage from this one will last a long long time.

What does this have to do with your initial point. Do you even know what you are arguing anymore. Hypocrite. Singular.

Yikes. Didn't need to press the nuke button.

What does this have to do with your initial point. Do you even know what you are arguing anymore. Hypocrite. Singular.

Initial point. Shut it down. Decades. Of. Crap. Loser. Spoofed.

Initial point. Shut it down. Decades. Of. Crap. Loser. Spoofed.

Right. And I say if you don't like it stop following. Would you care if UVA shut down this golf team? No, because you don't follow them. However, when I point that out to you you make some statement about how you are unhappy with the current stye and I must not be. Blah blah blah.

Those that want nothing to do with a program don't usually spend hours on a message board dedicated to that program. Hypocrite. Singular.

Right. And I say if you don't like it stop following. Would you care if UVA shut down this golf team? No, because you don't follow them. However, when I point that out to you you make some statement about how you are unhappy with the current stye and I must not be. Blah blah blah.

Those that want nothing to do with a program don't usually spend hours on a message board dedicated to that program. Hypocrite. Singular.

Hypocrit for being fed up? Ok. Spoof. Loser.

I get the football programs generates most of the income, is that where you are coming from?

Yup. I was under the impression you were advocating shutting down just the football team. Rereading now, you weren't necessarily doing that. My point was that a big time athletic department without a football team would require the U to pony up quite a bit of money since the football team's revenue stream would not be there to help the rest of the programs out.

Top Bottom