Shut Down Athletcs

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Just shut down the programs.

There is no way for TC or any other coach to compete when dealing with this type of crap. I will say it again - the level playing field at U of MN is drastically slanted, in many ways.

We're definitely not the only school that does this. Our bowl opponent Washington State had a similar situation earlier this year, when one of their guys had an incident, wasn't formally charged, but was expelled (later reduced to a suspension after appeal) following a university review.

We're definitely not the only school that does this.

Anytime anything happens it is OMG WE'RE THE ONLY SCHOOL THAT DOES THIS... usually said by folks who I'm pretty sure never looked / wouldn't know.

We just got a new commit. i think the team will be fine.

There is no way for TC or any other coach to compete when dealing with this type of crap. I will say it again - the level playing field at U of MN is drastically slanted, in many ways.

Or you can just stop following the teams. It would be better for you (and us).

We just got a new commit. i think the team will be fine.

Careful, the news on the commitment broke before the news on the suspensions.
I'm NOT being paranoid, but, recruiters will use whatever ammo we supply them with against us.

Careful, the news on the commitment broke before the news on the suspensions.
I'm NOT being paranoid, but, recruiters will use whatever ammo we supply them with against us.

bingo! that is what some of these rubes truly don't seem to understand. any and every good recruiter is now essentially telling recruits the following: "hey johnny...don't look at minnesota...it is basically run by fiefdoms of feminist, liberal, PC, anti-athlete nuts who are allowed to unfairly and extra-judiciously target you any chance they get...just for being a male athlete in college. and their administration is feckless and gutless and will almost never stand up for you along the way against these groups either."

Can we wait til after the Volleyball final four?

bingo! that is what some of these rubes truly don't seem to understand. any and every good recruiter is now essentially telling recruits the following: "hey johnny...don't look at minnesota...it is basically run by fiefdoms of feminist, liberal, PC, anti-athlete nuts who are allowed to unfairly and extra-judiciously target you any chance they get...just for being a male athlete in college. and their administration is feckless and gutless and will almost never stand up for you along the way against these groups either."
So they would be telling the truth. A first in recruiting LOL.

You have a turd in your pocket dolly? Avoiding the issue sure has worked well for decades.

ZTA, if you just stop following the teams, you have nothing to worry about. I don't care about what goes on in European soccer or NASCAR or women's lacrosse, because I don't follow any of them and they play no role in my life. There could be a million different drug and sex scandals going on right now, and I would have no idea, nor would I care. You can do the same with Gopher sports. You won't care what's happening. They're not going to shut down Gopher athletics because your poor widdle feelings get hurt.

Anytime anything happens it is OMG WE'RE THE ONLY SCHOOL THAT DOES THIS... usually said by folks who I'm pretty sure never looked / wouldn't know.

Minnesota opens its arms to trouble while other schools build walls. Huge difference.

Can we wait until I see the baseball team play at US Bank Stadium? I know, selfish, but I haven't been in there yet.

No way do we shut down athletics because some guys are asshats. There are bad people everywhere in society. What we need is better leadership to do a better job of not bringing bad people to the campus. If they do end up here getting them out. Playing football at the U is a privilege and these athletes need to be a reflection of what we want the University of Minnesota to be.

Now more than ever I want Claeys gone.

You don't need to follow them. You don't need to go to athletic message boards. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously I wasn't there, so I have no idea what went on in that apartment. I also don't know how many other people were there, how many have been talked to, etc. This could be completely justified or total BS. I have no way to know for sure.

If it is really that they are punishing players who were there just because they were there (as Mr. Buford stated), that is beyond overzealous and should not be done. Heck, I was at a party back in college where someone took a dump on a chair while I was in the same building (different room obviously) and I didn't find out about it until the next day. If I'm in one room and something is happening in one of the bedrooms, how am I supposed to know what's going on?

Now, if these players were covering up evidence, interfering with the investigation, actively prevented people from intervening if she really was incapacitated, etc., then by all means they should be suspended at the least.

It just seems like the U is so desperate to appear holier than any other school that they are overly punitive on these investigations. But again, I don't have all the info, so maybe they are much more lax than I think. I'm sure most Baylor fans didn't think Baylor was covering up the accusations they were...

Heck, I was at a party back in college where someone took a dump on a chair while I was in the same building (different room obviously) and I didn't find out about it until the next day.

Were you at one of my house parties?!?!?

No way do we shut down athletics because some guys are asshats. There are bad people everywhere in society. What we need is better leadership to do a better job of not bringing bad people to the campus. If they do end up here getting them out. Playing football at the U is a privilege and these athletes need to be a reflection of what we want the University of Minnesota to be.

Lol this old **** being dragged out and you're too retarded as usual to see it. The GHole Gestapo will ban you before Claeys is gone

+1000

Your protest/premise is pretty ridiculous, given the details outlined in news reports. It is highly debatable that this was not consensual, from the video details that have been reported. Some here assumed wrongly in earlier threads that the accuser was fall-down drunk and almost completely incapacitated.

This to me looks more like a pretty big overreach and CYA by the U administration. They took what they perceive to be the less risky (very debatable) path by issuing the suspensions and being as opaque as possible by using the student privacy concerns to be completely tight-lipped. They most likely opened themselves up to be sued by the players, who now have a compelling case.

So even if it was consensual? Is it fair to suspend four for just being at the apartment? Pretty slippery slop.

Lol this old **** being dragged out and you're too retarded as usual to see it. The GHole Gestapo will ban you before Claeys is gone
Wtf? Do you want to take issue with anything I posted? I am not the one dropping four letter words that get *s.

Rather than shut down athletics, I say let's get some administrators, AD, HC who will support the players. The present administrators are lapping at the PC bowl. Sad

Top Bottom