Shooters Shooters Shooters

Take a look at the Big Ten stats and it will tell you that the Gophers problem is primarily shooting and 3-pt defense.

http://bigten.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2008-2009/confonly.html

It may seem that I have been harping on Hoffarber, he did go badly cold - it happens. The team as whole is insufficient in shooting. We just don't have many shooters and Blake was a shooter as a frosh and hopefully will return as a Junior, because the gophers need help in this area badly.

no offense intended
Nor any taken. Just seems like your assessment of those players' value is harsher than called for ... saying Hoffarber, Busch, etc are "not worth the bench space" just doesn't seem to square with some of your later posts. I suspect that there's some immediate post-game frustration that spilled out. If so, acknowledging that in the other thread might put an end to the rancor.

Nor any taken. Just seems like your assessment of those players' value is harsher than called for ... saying Hoffarber, Busch, etc are "not worth the bench space" just doesn't seem to square with some of your later posts. I suspect that there's some immediate post-game frustration that spilled out. If so, acknowledging that in the other thread might put an end to the rancor.

If Hoffarber cannot get his shot back - If he cannot return to being a threat at the arc - If he cannot return to looking to take the shot, then he should not see the floor. That is what he can bring to the team - its not defense, passing, rebounding, penetrating, bringing the ball up the court, etc. His role is to look for and hit the three point shot. If he is unable to do that, then he should not get minutes. I applaud Tubby for sticking with him, however I do not know that he will for long if Blake continues to struggle or if there is a better alternative arriving.

Give me a break. The kid has been a pure shooter his entire life. That's not going to change. He went though an extended rough spell. He was still tied for the 2nd best shooting % on the team, what's that tell you?

The team % is not very good, thats what.

The extended rough spell was his entire sophmore year.

If he was the 2nd best shooting % then that reveals that this is a horrible shooting team and Tubby needs to recruit someone who can shoot.

Really? Did you catch the Louisville game Walter?

Somehow both Nolen and Hoffarber lost their shooting confidence. Nolen looked absolutely terrible shooting from the outside most of the season. Was this the first year the three point line as moved out. Were they a little uncomfortable with it because it was new.

Top Bottom