Shooters Shooters Shooters

Section201

Reaction score
Shooters Shooters Shooters, my kingdom for some shooters!

Where will our shooters be next year? Can Blake return to the planet and his previous skill level? Can Al, Damien, and Westy improve over the next 7-8 months? Can Cobbs shoot? I dont see Mbakwe, White or Williams as any shooting improvement.

I do see the team as being better and stronger next year but geeeez, who is going to make a few 3's?

Yet even with that mini-rant let me say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Tubby !

Thank you for a fun season and I cant wait for the next one! :clap: :clap: :clap:

i concur - recruit someone who can shoot

I think Blake has lost it and do not think it will return.

Where will our shooters be next year? Can Blake return to the planet and his previous skill level? Can Al, Damien, and Westy improve over the next 7-8 months? Can Cobbs shoot? I dont see Mbakwe, White or Williams as any shooting improvement.

I do see the team as being better and stronger next year but geeeez, who is going to make a few 3's?

Thank you for a fun season and I cant wait for the next one! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bryant Allen should be ready by tourney time.

i concur - recruit someone who can shoot

I think Blake has lost it and do not think it will return.
Give me a break. The kid has been a pure shooter his entire life. That's not going to change. He went though an extended rough spell. He was still tied for the 2nd best shooting % on the team, what's that tell you?

Hoff should be better, and Joseph should start finding his scoring role on the team. Bryant Allen has an amazing 3-point touch, and we'll see how/if Tubby uses him. Cobbs seems like he might be able to shoot. Bostick might find his outside shot. I think the offseason will produce a lot of different results, especially if Iverson and Sampson get bigger, stronger, and better inside.

Give me a break. The kid has been a pure shooter his entire life. That's not going to change. He went though an extended rough spell. He was still tied for the 2nd best shooting % on the team, what's that tell you?

The extended rough spell was his entire sophmore year.

If he was the 2nd best shooting % then that reveals that this is a horrible shooting team and Tubby needs to recruit someone who can shoot.

The reality is that we need Nolen to have an Eric Harris summer, Damien to have a Willie Burton summer and Devoe Joseph and Bostick get better. The guys we have need to get better- also Hoff. Of the new guys maybe Cobbs or Allen can help.

The reality is that we need Nolen to have an Eric Harris summer, Damien to have a Willie Burton summer and Devoe Joseph and Bostick get better. The guys we have need to get better- also Hoff. Of the new guys maybe Cobbs or Allen can help.

Right on the money with this assessment. Nolen never takes any jumpers because he can't make them. Damien Johnson isn't reliable with a jumper either and Hoff was nowhere to be found with his shooting for about the last three months. Devoe will be good imo. Just needs more time. Hopefully Cobbs, Royce and Rodney are able to shoot a little bit next year because as it stands, we can't hit a darn thing from more than 12 feet out....

Yes. Its called adjustments. The kid had a crap year and he knows it. Blake is a bright kid, a student of the game and everything that all of us experts are saying he already knows.

You find him tomorrow and I bet he's at a gym working on his shot. He'll be back.

I want Blake etal. to be successful and hope you are right and it is simply a sophomore slump.

It tells me

That Blake was second best 3 point shooter on our team tells me we dont have many good shooters. 34% wont cut it for our designated 3 pointer. westy was at 35% Respectable numbers but not like the 42% blake hit as a frosh.

That Blake was second best 3 point shooter on our team tells me we dont have many good shooters. 34% wont cut it for our designated 3 pointer. westy was at 35% Respectable numbers but not like the 42% blake hit as a frosh.
Agreed.

Blake Hoffarber will be back next season, the kid's been a shooter forever, he'll find that range again. I'm sure over the offseason he'll work with coaches on getting his shot off under duress . Joseph will be much more counted upon for scoring and shooting. I think Bostick will be more prepared next season to contribute more consistently. Westbrook will be better when he's not the only guy who can score on a regular basis. Expect a MUCH improve shooting output next season.

we need an inside game and some guys who can break you down.....that opens up the 3 pointers

our 3's are always forced and with hands all over you

we need a new point guard somehow and we mbawke to be a man in the middle

Sorry for my ignorance. I have been following this board for months.

Who is Bryant Allen?

I thought next years recruits were Royce, Rodney, Trevor, and Justin Cobbs? Is Allen 2010?

we need an inside game and some guys who can break you down.....that opens up the 3 pointers

our 3's are always forced and with hands all over you

we need a new point guard somehow and we mbawke to be a man in the middle

I've seen Trevor play a few times and I KNOW that he will be a crowd favorite and a MAN in the middle - the kid should have been here in the first place.

Who is Bryant Allen?

I thought next years recruits were Royce, Rodney, Trevor, and Justin Cobbs? Is Allen 2010?

He's an ATH recruit for the football team that is also a pretty good basketball player (under consideration for Mr. Basketball in MO). He may be a two sport athlete at the U.

Who is Bryant Allen?

He was recruited by Brewster for football, but he's also a highly rated basketball recruit. Tubby said he would allow him on the team on his football scholarship.

Nice. Added bonus for the B-ball team.

... clip ...

The Gophers don't need another 3-point shooter, just someone ... anyone ... who can make an open 12+ footer to take some of the load off LW.

So, Damian, Paul, Ralph, Al, Devoe, Devron ...work on that mid-range shot.

Blake, you work on the three.

Yeah we need a real offensive go to guy. But I have to think the guys got a taste of the NCAA's and there will be a marked improvement in the off season.

Can't wait until next year!

Bryant Allen is perhaps the Missouri player of the year and shot 50% from the 3 point line this year.

Bryant Allen is perhaps the Missouri player of the year and shot 50% from the 3 point line this year.

That's what I heard - the problem is he isn't supposed to be available till after the football season and hopefully we will be bowling late next year. ;)

That's what I heard - the problem is he isn't supposed to be available till after the football season and hopefully we will be bowling late next year. ;)

I'm excited as all hell to see Bryant Allen catching passes on the football squad. That guy is a tremendous athlete. To see him hit some 3's would be icing on the cake.

Count me as confused

I want Blake etal. to be successful and hope you are right and it is simply a sophomore slump.
Okay. But in another post, you're calling for Blake to leave. Either we chalk it up to emotions after a loss that many of us are still resolving or you're pulling a Sid: "On the one hand, I think Blake leaves next year (or hope he leaves) but I sure hope he gets better next year." :confused:

Okay. But in another post, you're calling for Blake to leave. Either we chalk it up to emotions after a loss that many of us are still resolving or you're pulling a Sid: "On the one hand, I think Blake leaves next year (or hope he leaves) but I sure hope he gets better next year." :confused:

I didn't call for him to leave - I simply stated that it wouldn't be bad if he did - I don't think we would lose much if he plays the way he did this year. I don't think he will leave and I have nothing personal against the kid, heck I like the guy; I just want him to shoot the way he did as a frosh.

If he returns to the shooter he was as a freshmen, then I think he will definitely have a role as a 6,7,8 man off the bench. If he cannot hit the shot then I don't think he should see the floor.

no offense intended

I didn't call for him to leave - I simply stated that it wouldn't be bad if he did
I wouldn't like to lose a guy that is tied as your 3rd leading scorer at 7 pts/game, 3 rebounds/game, not to mention probably the most fundamentally sound player on the team.

I wouldn't like to lose a guy that is tied as your 3rd leading scorer at 7 pts/game, 3 rebounds/game, not to mention probably the most fundamentally sound player on the team.

How can you be the most fundamentally sound and have 40 TO's to 40 assists? Travis Busch is a better example and he should have taken some of Hoffarbers minutes.

Top Bottom