Shooter: You’ve got to give credit to P.J. Fleck and his representation for scaring the University of Minnesota into a new $35 million 7 year contract

It had been mentioned that recruiters from other teams were trying to use "Fleck is leaving for..." to convince players not to commit to the Gophers. At the time of the new contract, it was probably a good ploy to try and keep recruits in the boat, so to speak.

Maybe not sooooo much of that talk going on now, though.
I get the logic but we are sitting with the 47th ranked class at the moment. We got two guys rated in the 300's and the number three rated guy drops to 600's. How solid are our commitments and how many people really would be stalking our guys?

You try so hard, and make up so much nonsense. It's totally fair to criticize the staff this season, and many reasonable fans are doing that.

You're still a troll though.
Let me know which part of that post was incorrect.

TIA.

Coyle's ROI on the football coach might end up looking better in a few years, but right now, not so much.

Let me know which part of that post was incorrect.

TIA.

Coyle's ROI on the football coach might end up looking better in a few years, but right now, not so much.
Like I’ve said before, you’re nowhere to be found on this board when the Gophers win and Iowa loses.

When Iowa was 6-0 they were the best team in the B1G. Now suddenly they’re not that good, Minnesota has more talent, and Fleck should be fired.

I know things get boring in your basement in Iowa, it might be time to find a new hobby. Or maybe get an education.

Like I’ve said before, you’re nowhere to be found on this board when the Gophers win and Iowa loses.

When Iowa was 6-0 they were the best team in the B1G. Now suddenly they’re not that good, Minnesota has more talent, and Fleck should be fired.

I know things get boring in your basement in Iowa, it might be time to find a new hobby. Or maybe get an education.
Again, reverting back to dissing anyone that disagrees with you. It's a bad look. You're childish insults should land you at a day care facility.

My hope is Coyle is reviewing contract provisions and he finds something similar to buying a used car where you have the 30 day "Lemon Law". Find a way to void the extension.

I mean, I'm pretty sure we can find a cheaper option than $5M/year to be mediocre. Elite, my ass.

I imagine PJ lays his head down at nite and laughs himself to sleep.

Again, reverting back to dissing anyone that disagrees with you. It's a bad look. You're childish insults should land you at a day care facility.

My hope is Coyle is reviewing contract provisions and he finds something similar to buying a used car where you have the 30 day "Lemon Law". Find a way to void the extension.

I mean, I'm pretty sure we can find a cheaper option than $5M/year to be mediocre. Elite, my ass.

I imagine PJ lays his head down at nite and laughs himself to sleep.

No, I just call a spade a spade. Your posting history speaks for itself.

Well, at this point in his career at Minnesota, Philip Fleck looks like a one hit wonder.

Fortunately, he's got until 2028 to prove me wrong.
I don't mean this in crappy way, but do you remember the years before Fleck?

When our down years are 6-6 or 7-5, we're much better than we were traditionally. The last couple weeks have really pissed me off but it's because we were playing for something and we blew it. If you're playing for something in November, that's better than most Gopher seasons.

Well, at this point in his career at Minnesota, Philip Fleck looks like a one hit wonder.

Sorry you're struggling so much with this decision. I'm sure I speak for many here when I say we need more fans like you. We're so very fortunate you take the time to join us here.

This sounds like me when I freak out because I can't find my glasses, but eventually realize they're on the top of my head.

Sorry you're struggling so much with this decision. I'm sure I speak for many here when I say we need more fans like you. We're so very fortunate you take the time to join us here.
Awww man, don't encourage him :). I see his fellow troll Boatracer earned a well deserved ban with his all caps swear word filled rant that was thankfully removed from this thread.

Did you expect Minnesota would be in the same place as when PJF took over?

I didn't. One signature win, two if you count beating Wisconsin, in almost five years.

Awww man, don't encourage him :). I see his fellow troll Boatracer earned a well deserved ban with his all caps swear word filled rant that was thankfully removed from this thread.
You goaded BR into a rant. Congrats.

Won't have the same result with me. I'd compliment you and say "nice try", but it was really weak.

You goaded BR into a rant. Congrats.

Won't have the same result with me. I'd compliment you and say "nice try", but it was really weak.
I'm not the one Boatracer freaked out on, that was someone else.

Nice to see you finally embrace the troll label though. I wouldn't expect you to do or say anything that would get you banned. All we can really do is hope for some wins, you and your buddies have much less to say when things are going well.

I'm not the one Boatracer freaked out on, that was someone else.

Nice to see you finally embrace the troll label though. I wouldn't expect you to do or say anything that would get you banned. All we can really do is hope for some wins, you and your buddies have much less to say when things are going well.
We beat a putrid Indiana team by the margin we should expect, I'll be here on Sunday to compliment the coaches and players for flushing the Iowa game.

The post originally was about PJ's 7 year @ $5,000,000/year extension. I can't blame him for accepting this offer. I blame our buffon AD, Coyle, who made this offer before the season was over. including crucial games vs Iowa and Wisconsin. He committed a similar blunder with Pitino. He is in way over his head.

The post originally was about PJ's 7 year @ $5,000,000/year extension. I can't blame him for accepting this offer. I blame our buffon AD, Coyle, who made this offer before the season was over. including crucial games vs Iowa and Wisconsin. He committed a similar blunder with Pitino. He is in way over his head.
Back to the original post, if anything credit should be given to Fleck's agent. He's doing his job, looking out for his client. Pretty much the end of the story. How much does anyone really think Fleck had to do with it? Good grief.

Some AD's and schools just want stability. We now have that in our program for the first time in quite awhile. Coyle is not a buffoon, he's comitted to patience and stability. The extension during the season probably helps with recruiting, transfer portal, and program building. You will always have to pay quite a bit to fire someone, that's the nature of the beast.

For some context the number on Mel Tucker appears to be about 95 million per reports

He is 5/6 of the way through year 2 at Michigan state.
His record is 11-6
Great record this year, games against Ohio state and Penn state still coming. Crossover games were northwestern, Nebraska, and Purdue.

So right now he is 5-0 (with one going to OT) against bottom half of the conference and 1-1 against the top half.

He was 5-7 at Colorado

And again, 95 million is 60 million more than 35 million

For some context the number on Mel Tucker appears to be about 95 million per reports

He is 5/6 of the way through year 2 at Michigan state.
His record is 11-6
Great record this year, games against Ohio state and Penn state still coming. Crossover games were northwestern, Nebraska, and Purdue.

So right now he is 5-0 (with one going to OT) against bottom half of the conference and 1-1 against the top half.

He was 5-7 at Colorado

And again, 95 million is 60 million more than 35 million
Now looks like 10 years 95 million

Thanks Coyle for doing the modest 6% raise.

We beat a putrid Indiana team by the margin we should expect, I'll be here on Sunday to compliment the coaches and players for flushing the Iowa game.

If you haven't noticed....nobody really cares about what you post. We all find it funny that you're such a loser that you hang out on other team's message boards.

Now looks like 10 years 95 million

Thanks Coyle for doing the modest 6% raise.
Wow.....MSU not messing around I guess. Seems like an awful lot for someone as relatively unproven as Tucker is but if they think they have their guy then it makes sense to lock him up.

Wow.....MSU not messing around I guess. Seems like an awful lot for someone as relatively unproven as Tucker is but if they think they have their guy then it makes sense to lock him up.
Agree. PJ might not be the guy in 10 years.
He is for sure the guy for the next 3-5 years. Hopefully people see Mel tucker money and realize we are not paying out the nose for a coach with as good or better resume.
You can think PJ ain’t the guy.
you can’t think Minnesota is overpaying by giving that tiny extension

This is why the people complaining about Fleck's contract don't understand modern day athletic programs.

Little Ricky is Sanford Jr. If it wasn't for his dad Sanford sr. wouldn't be nowhere near what he is last name is Chewbacca he will be at best D3 coach. At least his dad knows what he can or cannot do and well respected for it. His son is well known for destroying QBs throughout his career. But HC PJ thinks he is the best OC he ever met and even said so in some interviews. Glowing reviews indeed.
What is it was R2-D2?

If you haven't noticed....nobody really cares about what you post. We all find it funny that you're such a loser that you hang out on other team's message boards.
Huh?

I critique Fleck, you don't like it, and it makes me a fan of other teams?

Where you come up with this crap?

And just a FYI, there's plenty others on this forum that share my view.

But you do you.

This is why the people complaining about Fleck's contract don't understand modern day athletic programs.
Yeah, like the extension fleck got was a bargain even if he is a 7-5 coach to be honest. It’s a 6% raise during 4% inflation in a profession that’s salaries already beat inflation by 100 times

Huh?

I critique Fleck, you don't like it, and it makes me a fan of other teams?

Where you come up with this crap?

And just a FYI, there's plenty others on this forum that share my view.

But you do you.
I'm pretty sure you're in a class all by yourself.
But keep posting if you think it's good for you.
You be you.

Yeah, like the extension fleck got was a bargain even if he is a 7-5 coach to be honest. It’s a 6% raise during 4% inflation in a profession that’s salaries already beat inflation by 100 times

Not to mention if PJ has any decent success over the next 2 years, he'll be restructured again to more $$.

These are 1-2 year contracts under the clothing of a 5-7 year deal.

I'm pretty sure you're in a class all by yourself.
But keep posting if you think it's good for you.
You be you.
Sorry you feel that way.

In case you haven't noticed, going from the sentiment in the post Iowa game threads, I'm in the majority and you're in the minority.

Maybe it changes after Indiana and we get a complete game from players and coaches?

Either way, if everyone agreed on everything, this place would be pretty boring. It also tells me we have lots of people that are still passionate about Gopher football.

Top Bottom