Shooter: Kevin Cosgrove hired by Akron as DC

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"Former Gophers defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove has been hired by University of Akron head coach Rob Ianello as defensive coordinator. Cosgrove's predecessor at Akron, Curt Mallory, son of former Indiana coach Bill Mallory, left for Michigan State, where former Gophers director of football operations Tim Allen works in the same position."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_17384607?nclick_check=1

Go Gophers!!

Cosgrove joins another former Gopher assistant, Mitch Browning, on the Zips' staff.

Good to hear! I was really like Cosgrove as a person, and he did a good job his 1st year. This doesn't come as much of a surprise, as Tom Wistricill, for assistant AD here, is now the AD there...and they both have Wisconsin ties (too lazy to see if they were there at the same time)

Akron head coach Rob Ianello was at Wisconsin with Cosgrove for at least a little while as well.

So glad to hear he's landed a job. With the anxiety of dealing with son Connor's leukemia, it has to be a relief for the family to know he has this part of their lives taken care of now.

Going from Nebraska to Akron in a few years is not a great career trend.

...with three rose bowl rings.

You mean a guy who was along for the ride as Barry Alvarez won three rose bowl rings and was able to oversee the defense being a former successful DC. Once Barry knew he wasn't going to be there anymore, he felt more comfortable turning over his defense and team to BB than Cosgrove.

You mean a guy who was along for the ride as Barry Alvarez won three rose bowl rings and was able to oversee the defense being a former successful DC. Once Barry knew he wasn't going to be there anymore, he felt more comfortable turning over his defense and team to BB than Cosgrove.

I mean a guy with three more Rose Bowl rings than you and I combined.

Top Bottom