Sherels checked out practice today!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

SHERELS RETURNS

After a hospitalization tied to multiple surgeries earlier this month, Gophers linebacker coach Mike Sherels returned to practice for the first time Saturday. He’s not allowed to return to work but has made multiple visits to the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex.

“When football is an important part of your life, you get out and amongst friends and around football, I think he feels better,” Claeys said. “He’s got a long road back before he’ll be able to return to work, but obviously there is light at the end of the tunnel and we are headed in the right direction.”

Keith Jordan is the acting linebackers coach while Sherels recovers, but running back Rodney Smith said Sherels’ presence meant a lot at Saturday’s practice.

“Great guy,” said Smith, who wore a #SherelsStrong wristband. “It’s just a great feeling to have him back. He brings an energy to the team that some of the other coaches can’t bring because he actually played here.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/08/2...ozniak-could-be-next-man-up-in-season-opener/

Go Gophers!!

Good to hear.

Get healthy, and get back coach.

But take care of yourself first.

A truly GOLDEN Gopher. Get well and come back!

Awesome news! Thrilled to see Mike back up and on the road to recovery :)

per Greder:

SHERELS RETURNS

After a hospitalization tied to multiple surgeries earlier this month, Gophers linebacker coach Mike Sherels returned to practice for the first time Saturday. He’s not allowed to return to work but has made multiple visits to the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex.

“When football is an important part of your life, you get out and amongst friends and around football, I think he feels better,” Claeys said. “He’s got a long road back before he’ll be able to return to work, but obviously there is light at the end of the tunnel and we are headed in the right direction.”

Keith Jordan is the acting linebackers coach while Sherels recovers, but running back Rodney Smith said Sherels’ presence meant a lot at Saturday’s practice.

“Great guy,” said Smith, who wore a #SherelsStrong wristband. “It’s just a great feeling to have him back. He brings an energy to the team that some of the other coaches can’t bring because he actually played here.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/08/2...ozniak-could-be-next-man-up-in-season-opener/

Go Gophers!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Things are definately looking up. I had fairly major surgery when I was in my mid 20's. Even though, I was in good physical shape going in, the recovery took awhile. Once the pain subsided, I could go for a short period, then I would be so wiped out I needed a nap.We don't know exacktly what happened but four to six weeks would be very normal. I was two weeks into my recovery before th doctor would commit to a timetable. When I asked him, why he didn't just tell me upfront, he said that people heal differently. He had a certain benchmarks for me to reach, once he knew how long it took to hit them, he could then estimate how long the recovery would be. It wouldn't surprise me if there isn't a timetable for Mike yet.

Top Bottom