Shame on KFAN for blowing something completely out of proportion.....

I'll say this. I never listen to KFAN. Ever. Not that I have a strong dislike for them or anything, I just don't get into sports talk radio. Never have. But this is another example of Brewster being an immature little child and apparently now a liar too. I applaud KFAN for reading these e-mails. They had no choice. Brewster and/or the U tried to call them liars, apparently because they were too stupid to realize they'd already left a paper trail behind that proves that Brewster is in fact the liar. Brewster is a joke. Maturi already has a strong dislike for Brewster, and this is more fuel for the fire. If the Gophers are under .500 this year, Brewster will be gone.

thanks for the run-down pantherhawk.......:rolleyes:

But this is another example of Brewster being an immature little child and apparently now a liar too. I applaud KFAN for reading these e-mails. They had no choice. Brewster and/or the U tried to call them liars, apparently because they were too stupid to realize they'd already left a paper trail behind that proves that Brewster is in fact the liar. Brewster is a joke. Maturi already has a strong dislike for Brewster, and this is more fuel for the fire. If the Gophers are under .500 this year, Brewster will be gone.

I heard the Bareirro thing, someone within the Gopher athletic department sent an email to the producer saying no Gophers would be available and the decision was coming from higher up. I think KFAN used some poetic license to say that Brewster had banned all contact with KFAN because he was mad about all the negativity.

I think KFAN used some poetic license to say that Brewster had banned all contact with KFAN because he was mad about all the negativity.

But KFAN never said that - they were always very clear that the whole thing was only about on-air interviews. They were clear that they could still attend pressers and cover the team.

If anyone reading these threads is sincerely interested in how this all went down, I highly recommend you listen to the first 10 minutes of the 3 PM hour on Barrerio today (available via podcast after the show ends). He just read the back and forth series of e-mails between someone at the U football program and the program manager at KFAN (Abbott). Unless Barrerio is completely making up what he just read on air, there is NO WAY any rational or sane person could absolve the football program of responsibility for what happened yesterday. I wish that I could post a transcript of the segment here but even if I did I'm sure that some of you will say it's all made up anyway.

So if there e-mails were to Abbot.....why is Barrero reading them on air.

It pretty much proves a lot of people's point that Barrero just rips the hell out of the program and never has a positive tone. PA could have read these e-mails...Common could have too, but who is....Negative Nancy...thats who.

But KFAN never said that - they were always very clear that the whole thing was only about on-air interviews. They were clear that they could still attend pressers and cover the team.

my god are you transparent! how about you get off the internet now and back to your KFAN internship buddy boy.......:rolleyes:

how does dan barrerio take his coffee these days?

So if there e-mails were to Abbot.....why is Barrero reading them on air.

It pretty much proves a lot of people's point that Barrero just rips the hell out of the program and never has a positive tone. PA could have read these e-mails...Common could have too, but who is....Negative Nancy...thats who.

exactly. anyone who is willing to take barrerio's or quite frankly KFAN's side in this issue is likely one of two things: 1.) is for the most part a troll on this board 2.) likes to also fancy themselves the "ultimate critic" and is a complete bore to be around

Please end all this stupid KFAN talk. This is the most anyone has paid attention to KFAN in at least 10 years. KFAN is joke. Their on-air "talent" is laugable for a major media market. And, not surprisingly, they handled being denied interviews with all the professionalism and class of a Charles Manson follower.

This has been portrayed 100% as Tim Brewster banned KFAN in response to negative coverage. Whatever started it, that is definitely the storyline KFAN was pushing.

BULLSHIT!!!!! If you listened to the show from the top Paul Allen went on and on about how Brewster had KFAN banned from the University. He even had Cory Cove from the Power Trip Show on to talk about how Cory was going to go to the University "undercover" to get interview.

PA kept on with the "we've been BANNED" well into the show before Abbott came on to say "we should be clear about this" and then went on to talk about how they hadn't been really "banned". They could go to Press Conferences, practices, post-game interviews etc.

They tried to get away with the crap about being banned because it fit what they were trying to do- grab a mistake by the University and run with it.

If the Gophers were so completely wrong and nefarious, and how you feel the KFAN "may also be wrong in this" why in the hell do you keep trying to whitewash their behavior? It's pretty tough to do when some of us actually LISTENED to the show!

This has been portrayed 100% as Tim Brewster banned KFAN in response to negative coverage. Whatever started it, that is definitely the storyline KFAN was pushing.

Because that's the truth. Who do you think everyone gets their marching orders from? Brewster is in control of everything. I know from inside the program that this directive came directly from Brewster. Everyone knows it. It's common knowledge.

my god are you transparent! how about you get off the internet now and back to your KFAN internship buddy boy.......:rolleyes:

how does dan barrerio take his coffee these days?

I don't know anyone at KFAN nor do I listen to them all day...I just have open eyes and a brain that has a "critical thinking" function. Pick your ifights with someone else - I'm not interested.

BULLSHIT!!!!! If you listened to the show from the top Paul Allen went on and on about how Brewster had KFAN banned from the University. He even had Cory Cove from the Power Trip Show on to talk about how Cory was going to go to the University "undercover" to get interview.

PA kept on with the "we've been BANNED" well into the show before Abbott came on to say "we should be clear about this" and then went on to talk about how they hadn't been really "banned". They could go to Press Conferences, practices, post-game interviews etc.

They tried to get away with the crap about being banned because it fit what they were trying to do- grab a mistake by the University and run with it.

If the Gophers were so completely wrong and nefarious, and how you feel the KFAN "may also be wrong in this" why in the hell do you keep trying to whitewash their behavior? It's pretty tough to do when some of us actually LISTENED to the show!

Dude, I listened to the show. Abbott came on to be clear way early on in this whole thing - PA seemed to be going off of what he had been told. He probably should have asked for clarification on his own so fault him for jumping the gun - but the whole "go undercover" schtick was exactly that - schtick. It was funny even!

Again, as I said before, I'm perfectly willing to say that both sides have to take some blame here - KFAN and the Brew Crew. But to suggest that this is all on KFAN and not at all on the Gophers just doesn't wash with everything that has taken place.

Because that's the truth. Who do you think everyone gets their marching orders from? Brewster is in control of everything. I know from inside the program that this directive came directly from Brewster. Everyone knows it. It's common knowledge.

I don't know anyone at KFAN nor do I listen to them all day...I just have open eyes and a brain that has a "critical thinking" function. Pick your ifights with someone else - I'm not interested.

1974_eating_popcorn.gif

Dude, I listened to the show. Abbott came on to be clear way early on in this whole thing - PA seemed to be going off of what he had been told. He probably should have asked for clarification on his own so fault him for jumping the gun - but the whole "go undercover" schtick was exactly that - schtick. It was funny even!

Again, as I said before, I'm perfectly willing to say that both sides have to take some blame here - KFAN and the Brew Crew. But to suggest that this is all on KFAN and not at all on the Gophers just doesn't wash with everything that has taken place.

"LAST CALL" at least for me.

1, Disagree on timing. If it was earlier then I remember, it didn't stop PA from continuing with a "ban".
2. The bit went on a little long and it was predicated on the "ban".
3. Already said that I thought Brewster told the PR guy he didn't want to cooperate. Why that guy didn't stonewall it is beyond me.
4. Just reviewed your posts, you seem to have just slipped and posted a positive one!:cool:

Some of you are confused when using the word banned. Brewster did not allow coaches/players to be guests on any of KFANs shows. The banning did not span to press conference, coverage of practices ETC. PA was very clear about this, and so was Abbott. Some of you are just hearing what you want to hear.

exactly. anyone who is willing to take barrerio's or quite frankly KFAN's side in this issue is likely one of two things: 1.) is for the most part a troll on this board 2.) likes to also fancy themselves the "ultimate critic" and is a complete bore to be around

Please listen to the emails that the University sent to KFAN.
Barreiro Show

If you cant see both sides of this issue you are either a KFAN rube or a Gopher apologist.

Please listen to the emails that the University sent to KFAN.
Barreiro Show

If you cant see both sides of this issue you are either a KFAN rube or a Gopher apologist.

Well, I heard Barreiro yesterday. Tell me. Where in the emails does it say Brewster banned players and coasched from EVER going on KFAN? Was Brewster's name on any email? KFAN is being awfully defensive for doing nothing wrong IMO.

Here's what I think happened. KFAN, at the last minute, decides that having a 2-0 Gopher team hosting a Top 10 team is a pretty good talker. KFAN hurries to secure someone from the U to appear on the program. Brewster is presented with the request and refuses to cowtow to a station that's never wholeheartedly been in the Gophers corner. KFAN takes this slap in the face and runs with it. You can tapdance around it anyway you want, but guys like Common and Barreiro have made their living playing the role of "heels". If AM talk radio was the AWA, they'd be Bobby Heenan and Jesse Ventura. If things are good, they have no show. They sit around salivating over the prospects of another 41-0 NFC championship game, 55-0 or Glen Taylor getting caught paying Joe Smith under the table.

I would agree. I also think KFAN is very interested in Decker. Local kid, played local school and possible high round pick in a skill position. The last one like this was Barber but Barber had a very quiet personality.

Well, I heard Barreiro yesterday. Tell me. Where in the emails does it say Brewster banned players and coasched from EVER going on KFAN? Was Brewster's name on any email? KFAN is being awfully defensive for doing nothing wrong IMO.

I listened to Barreiro last night and thought it very interesting that the original request was never specified and a phone conversation between Abbott and an unnamed AD employee was only discussed in general terms. Then he read the rather bizarre e-mail from Abbott making it sound like someone just died. Without knowing what the original request was, how it was made, and what the response to that request was, it is pretty much impossible to draw a conclusion.

Interesting that Barreriro was basically saying that anyone that intimated KFAN may be at fault was a "liar". Pretty classy. He certainly did seem pretty defensive though.

Thanks for the entertainment/drama/debate or what ever it should be called. Your battle with Gopher Nation was quite fun on an otherwise dull day at work. :clap:

Battle with Gopher Nation? I was agreeing with what Clyde Tester was saying. :confused:

Top Bottom