Shama: Season ticket sales down 18%, student season ticket sales down 23%

Yesterday on weather.com it said no rain but at the moment they are predicting PM thunderstorms. Bastards.

No worries, you will not melt if it rains a bit... Which is not in the forecast until a possible evening shower... At least at this time.

No worries, you will not melt if it rains a bit... Which is not in the forecast until a possible evening shower... At least at this time.

With the new rules and limits on what people can bring into the game, they should know whether to bring rain gear with them or not.

Yesterday, Channels 4 and 9 said no chance of rain. Channel 11 has said there would be rain on Sunday and Monday broadcast and hedged on it this morning. Still three days out, so kind of a crapshoot. Here's what some sites are saying. Consensus now seems to be some rain "later in the day", but who the hell knows.

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:55414.1.99999?sp=KMNSAINT66

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/min...t/348794?day=4

https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/55432:4:US

Well they're also on the cusp of worst year ... ever.
True but no ticket price increase for five years shows they don't want to alienate season ticket holders. Plus they give you other perks (Twins fest tickets, message on scoreboard, chance every game to win a prize, kids opportunities to change bases, etc.).

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

40,000 for CSU. We now parallel the Dome crowds. Sad......

It really won't be that far off from some of the other unattractive non-conference opponents we've had the last few years (42,000 for Western Illinois in 2013 for example). The actual attendance might end up being in the mid-40,000s. Also being an 11AM game usually doesn't help attendance. Of course, huge ticket price increases don't exactly help either.

True but no ticket price increase for five years shows they don't want to alienate season ticket holders. Plus they give you other perks (Twins fest tickets, message on scoreboard, chance every game to win a prize, kids opportunities to change bases, etc.).

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

The University could certainly do better than they are, but the Twins have been amidst a long decline, a bump of hope.... and then this years historic crater.

I have trouble giving them too many high fives for not jacking up prices in that context or make too many comparisons to a baseball team busy tanking to new depths.

Well it is raining right now so there...

We received about 5 inches plus of rain since 5-5:30. Went out to make sure the street drains were open. To be fair to Vandy, didn't see any melted people out there either...

Non-conference games against teams perceived to be beneath us is where the loss of season ticket holders really hurts attendance. Especially if weather is a factor.

Just for fun, I looked up the worst crowds in TCF history. We're not off to a great start in 2016, if we can believe Wikipedia, and I assume we'll be able to add Saturday's game to this list.

41,026, Indiana State, 2016
41,062, Purdue, 2012
41,549, Illinois, 2011 (Thanksgiving weekend)
42,127, Western Illinois, 2013
44,217, UNLV, 2013
44,344, Eastern Illinois, 2014
44,582, Oregon State, 2016
44,914, Michigan State, 2012 (Thanksgiving weekend)
44,921, Western Michigan, 2012

The University could certainly do better than they are, but the Twins have been amidst a long decline, a bump of hope.... and then this years historic crater.

I have trouble giving them too many high fives for not jacking up prices in that context or make too many comparisons to a baseball team busy tanking to new depths.

Twins are a complete mess of a team as far as players and coaches go, but the Gophers could learn a lot from them on marketing.

Top Bottom