Shabbaz

jamiche

Reaction score
The first time I saw his facial expression I knew the gophers would win. He looked quite disinterested. I went on nbadraft.net and it frightens me that Shabbaz is projected in the vicinity of the Timberwolves. It would be just like us to draft him and try to put lipstick on that pig. He's out of shape and appears to play when he wants to play.

If you think the Wolves won't draft him then you are mistaken. I'd like to see a list of the stupidest pro franchise front offices in America. The Timberwolves are top 3, no question.

He would continue a tradition set by Jonny Flynn and Wes Johnson. Not to mention all the stiffs they have picked in the distant past.

If you think the Wolves won't draft him then you are mistaken. I'd like to see a list of the stupidest pro franchise front offices in America. The Timberwolves are top 3, no question.

We are all hoping Kahn is gone before the draft.

Too many in the basketball world drink the same kool aid and don't have a mind of there own. His father understood this. He also understood that once crowned its hard to take off and having your child physically larger than anyone else at an early age puts them ahead of the curve. A master of deception and manipulation. Does he have talent, yes. Are his skills exceptional, check out his jumper. T-wolves beware.

http://www.latimes.com/news/columnone/la-fi-shabazz-muhammad-inc-20130322-dto,0,3133186.htmlstory

Too many in the basketball world drink the same kool aid and don't have a mind of there own. His father understood this. He also understood that once crowned its hard to take off and having your child physically larger than anyone else at an early age puts them ahead of the curve. A master of deception and manipulation. Does he have talent, yes. Are his skills exceptional, check out his jumper. T-wolves beware.

http://www.latimes.com/news/columnone/la-fi-shabazz-muhammad-inc-20130322-dto,0,3133186.htmlstory

I read it. The old man is a piece of work. My favorite part of the article was the hiring of the assistant coach who is a friend of the fam who makes $50K more than any other assistant on the staff. I'll give you three guesses where that differential is going.

Of course I think they will draft him. Why do you think I bring it up?

Of course I think they will draft him. Why do you think I bring it up?

I have to believe I'd be a bigger NBA fan if the wolves were competent. I usually hate bandwagon fans, but I have to believe there is no such thing as a die hard wolves fan so I give people a pass on that one. Even the season ticket holders are all businesses that give them to employees it seems.

He'll be a solid scorer for a long time at the next level. His defense, etc, need some work, obviously. Teams could do worse.

I have to believe I'd be a bigger NBA fan if the wolves were competent. I usually hate bandwagon fans, but I have to believe there is no such thing as a die hard wolves fan so I give people a pass on that one. Even the season ticket holders are all businesses that give them to employees it seems.

I'm a die hard Wolves fan, I've had season tickets for a few years. It is small group of people though. I have season tickets to Gopher football and Timberwolves Basketball, I hate being happy.

If you took their entire history, possibly. Recently, not a chance.

They had a good year last year until about 2/3 of the way through the season when the wheels fell off due to injury. This year is a complete anomaly. But they had a nice offseason.

Kahn hasn't drafted well, but he's won just about every trade. They are young, they have a lot of assets and they are sitting decent in terms of salary cap. A healthy Kevin Love, Budinger, Kirilenko and Rubio for all of the year, this is a completely different season.

I'm a season ticket holder and every other season ticket holder I know does not get them from a business.

I want nothing to do with Shabbaz.

He'll be a solid scorer for a long time at the next level. His defense, etc, need some work, obviously. Teams could do worse.

I would definitely take him if I was in the back half of the first round but I wouldn't touch him if I was in the lottery. If I owned a high pick I didn't see enough upside last night to ignore all of the red flags.

I would definitely take him if I was in the back half of the first round but I wouldn't touch him if I was in the lottery. If I owned a high pick I didn't see enough upside last night to ignore all of the red flags.

I keep hearing/reading that scouts really like him when compared to others who are coming out so I guess I sorta take their word. Plus, if his worst game was last night, that's not that bad... I mean, I'd seen a few other UCLA games this year and he was usually pretty effective.

Uninterested.

:cool02:

That's a tough one. A site on writing tips said to use "uninterested," as you suggest. However, I went to couple of dictionary sites and "disinterested" seems to work definitionally for what I was attempting to communicate. I'll go with "uninterested" in the future but my use of the word "disinterested" isn't egregious and nothing like the use of the word "notorious" when discussing fame, for example. I probably should have just said that he looked bored. Thanks for the tip.

I keep hearing/reading that scouts really like him when compared to others who are coming out so I guess I sorta take their word. Plus, if his worst game was last night, that's not that bad... I mean, I'd seen a few other UCLA games this year and he was usually pretty effective.

Yeah, I am a little surprised about the ripping on him in this thread. He played ok last night, despite not being able to knock down his outside shot. He took the ball to the hoop well and found other ways to score. There are a lot of college basketball players who struggle when their shot is not falling, and Shabazz found other ways to be effective.

He also is a pretty good wing rebounder.

I don't want the Wolves to pick him but he had a pretty impressive freshman season at UCLA and was the only Bruin to show up last night.

Can you say OJ Mayo 2?

I don't think he'll be much like OJ Mayo. He's a legitimate 2/3 kind of player. He's more of a guy who will play on the wings, etc. Mayo is a shooting guard chucker in a point guard's body. Mayo actually is putting together a pretty good season in Dallas this year and has had a couple good season's in Memphis.

Yeah, I am a little surprised about the ripping on him in this thread. He played ok last night, despite not being able to knock down his outside shot. He took the ball to the hoop well and found other ways to score. There are a lot of college basketball players who struggle when their shot is not falling, and Shabazz found other ways to be effective.

I don't want the Wolves to pick him but he had a pretty impressive freshman season at UCLA and was the only Bruin to show up last night.

I actually thought that David Wear played wonderfully with the rest of their bigs on the bench ... he basically kept them close in the first half while going against our 4 bigs. But yes.

He doesn't do anything the Wolves are desperate for imo.

I don't think he'll be much like OJ Mayo. He's a legitimate 2/3 kind of player. He's more of a guy who will play on the wings, etc. Mayo is a shooting guard chucker in a point guard's body. Mayo actually is putting together a pretty good season in Dallas this year and has had a couple good season's in Memphis.

They are both shooting guards, they both have a lot of baggage, they both played in Southern California. I have little faith that Shabazz will be any more of an asset to the Twolves than Mayo was in Memphis. Memphis thought so little of Mayo that they let him walk even though he is in the same draft class as Kevin Love. This is in spite of the fact that Memphis was peddling Rudy Gay. Both have shady college payola allegations.Mayo and Shabazz have major character issues from everything I have read. Their "what's in it for me" attitude is toxic to team success.

They are both shooting guards, they both have a lot of baggage, they both played in Southern California. I have little faith that Shabazz will be any more of an asset to the Twolves than Mayo was in Memphis. Memphis thought so little of Mayo that they let him walk even though he is in the same draft class as Kevin Love. This is in spite of the fact that Memphis was peddling Rudy Gay. Both have shady college payola allegations.Mayo and Shabazz have major character issues from everything I have read. Their "what's in it for me" attitude is toxic to team success.

I like to think it was the father who should be deserving of "what's in it for me" attitude and not Shabbaz. That is what I am hoping.

The good news is Shabazz won't have to roll on Shabbos.

I like to think it was the father who should be deserving of "what's in it for me" attitude and not Shabbaz. That is what I am hoping.

Agreed.

I don't mind the guy at all, The issue with Shabbaz is that he is basically the definition if a volume scorer. He shoots a lot. A lot. A lot. And is not very efficient at all. I do think he'd be really good with Rubio and Love (most would be), but Wolves should be drooling and dreaming over Ben Mclemore.

Which for the record, is somewhat what the Wolves need. I wouldn't take him lottery, but the Wolves need a scorer. They have no one who can consistently put the ball in the basket, and believe it or not, you need to score to win.

Top Bottom