Security issues with Gopherhole forum

LakerFan

Reaction score
anyone else have trouble since last week getting on the forum. Get security messages, site not safe, etc.. when trying to log on from a computer. Phone still works

I haven't seen a lot of warnings but:

- I'm using Firefox and they tend to decide these things differently than Chrome.
- I block a lot of stuff anyway...

But having said that other folks have been seeing issues.

Actually, I no longer see issues with the https on the forum pages. Firefox for me nows shows "Verified by GlobalSign nv-sa"

Thank you for fixing that, Gopherhole staff!

Chrome blocks my access when I am physically in my work office or on our VPN system. That didn't happen until the last week or so. I don't have issues otherwise.

Attachments

• GH.PNG
    GH.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 6

A week ago when I'd click on a forum, it would direct me to another page with spam. That's seems to have gone away, but yes, they had some issues for a while.

Moving this to the Test/Help Forum so our IT contacts can closely monitor. They may post in this thread to get more info.

Yes I'm still blocked out on Chrome. When I use Chrome on phone also doesn't work, but samsung internet on phone gets here.

Also blocked when on government network. Deemed "security risk". Also since last week or so.

For those getting blocked, can you please put a screen grab of what you're getting?

Blocked from all hospital website on my android.

I am using Google Chrome at home and Malwarebytes Premium is still flagging main.Gopherhole.com and forums.gopherhole.com as malicious.
Gopherhole flagged with malicious malware 09202020.jpg

Gopherhole Staff,

Malwarebytes continue to flag Gopherhole as a serious threat for Trojan Horses.

Are attachments being screened for any potential threats? This is the second time that Malwarebytes flagged GH. It overrode my original request to unflag GH.

Attachments

• MalwareBytes Blocked Gopherhole.jpg
    MalwareBytes Blocked Gopherhole.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 1

AVG reporting Gopherhole as a malware site. I get this warning everytime I move to a new page.Screenshot_20201220-215827.png

My work PC also use Malware bytes premium and starting blocking this site when the platform changed.

I also use AVG and was getting blocked but with a warning that stating "URL: Blacklisted". Try reporting it to them. They fixed it in a couple days.
Yes, I am no longer receiving the malware report so it seems to be fixed.

Top Bottom