Seantrel Saga Continues - from the Star Trib "SH is back on the market"

My take on it is that RaT is trying to suggest a Ferentz style rule. Verbal by 1 week prior to LOI or we don't guarantee your offer. At that point, we're willing to replace you with any other recruit who verbals first. Doesn't preclude anyone from verbaling after the 1 week before deadline, just means that its first come first serve.

I dunno, to me you either go full Ferentz and not accept verbals from kids who keep taking visits or you deal with decommits and signing day madness. Once you try to finesse the gray area in between it gets too complicated and you risk PO'ing high school coaches who might steer kids away from you in the future.

My take on it is that RaT is trying to suggest a Ferentz style rule. Verbal by 1 week prior to LOI or we don't guarantee your offer. At that point, we're willing to replace you with any other recruit who verbals first. Doesn't preclude anyone from verbaling after the 1 week before deadline, just means that its first come first serve.

So the kids you really want, the ones you're waiting on (which you obviously want more than the others, or else you wouldn't be waiting on them) are held to a stricter set of rules than the lesser players, the ones you're taking as a fallback option? Doesn't anyone else see how backwards this is?

How does that make any sense? That's basically admitting that you're a second-class school. You're saying, "We're not going to deal with the realities of big-time recruiting and realize that some kids are going to play games. Instead, we're going to pout and take our ball home while taking chances with lesser players."

Not only is this a terrible idea, but it would never happen, because it is the polar opposite of what Brewster is all about. He would never admit defeat a full week before everyone else does. Why on earth would he choose to take away the one thing he's actually really, really good at?

So the kids you really want, the ones you're waiting on (which you obviously want more than the others, or else you wouldn't be waiting on them) are held to a stricter set of rules than the lesser players, the ones you're taking as a fallback option? Doesn't anyone else see how backwards this is?

How does that make any sense? That's basically admitting that you're a second-class school. You're saying, "We're not going to deal with the realities of big-time recruiting and realize that some kids are going to play games. Instead, we're going to pout and take our ball home while taking chances with lesser players."

Not only is this a terrible idea, but it would never happen, because it is the polar opposite of what Brewster is all about. He would never admit defeat a full week before everyone else does. Why on earth would he choose to take away the one thing he's actually really, really good at?

That's why I say you go full Ferentz or forget it. I'm in favor of forgetting it and just letting the chips fall where they may. I'd be more in favor of the Ferentz way if Brew had proven that he and his staff could coach up players the way Iowa does.

That's why I say you go full Ferentz or forget it. I'm in favor of forgetting it and just letting the chips fall where they may. I'd be more in favor of the Ferentz way if Brew had proven that he and his staff could coach up players the way Iowa does.

Correct.

Someone on here, not the poster previous, is so intent on being right that he or she insists on twisting this into something it's not and in the process loses sight of its potential effective application. It's getting silly. Such a policy isn't right for everybody. It's elective, selective and sometimes could be effective. Get it?

I dunno, to me you either go full Ferentz and not accept verbals from kids who keep taking visits or you deal with decommits and signing day madness. Once you try to finesse the gray area in between it gets too complicated and you risk PO'ing high school coaches who might steer kids away from you in the future.

I think most coaches probably already do this to a point.

Top Bottom