Seantrel Henderson hurt? , Sid's column today

Triple D

Reaction score
Jottings
In the Miami Herald on Tuesday, Susan Miller Degnan reported that former Cretin-Derham Hall standout Seantrel Henderson is going to have major back surgery, and there's a chance the University of Miami sophomore offensive tackle might miss the entire 2011 season. Henderson started nine games last year and was named a freshman All-America by the Football Writers Association of America.

This news came out a few days ago and I think was covered in another thread. I hope he can recover and have a productive career.

Yeah, this is actually old news.

My response to yet another Seantrel Henderson thread:

banghead.gif

Attachments

• banghead.jpg
    banghead.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 12

Sid the Kid's tidbit today:

Miami Hurricanes football coach Al Golden spoke to the press this week about the upcoming season and, surprisingly, former Cretin-Derham Hall star Seantrel Henderson isn’t listed as the favorite for the starting right tackle position. Golden has the senior listed alongside sophomore Ereck Flowers and freshman Sunny Odogwu on his depth chart.

Sid the Kid's tidbit today:

Miami Hurricanes football coach Al Golden spoke to the press this week about the upcoming season and, surprisingly, former Cretin-Derham Hall star Seantrel Henderson isn’t listed as the favorite for the starting right tackle position. Golden has the senior listed alongside sophomore Ereck Flowers and freshman Sunny Odogwu on his depth chart.

At least he'll get to go to a good bowl ga---never mind.

At least he'll get to go to a good bowl ga---never mind.

Much talk about player development: Here's the latest -

Seantrel Henderson: Nation's top high school prospect in 2010 (5-Star). Had many ups and downs in his career. Settled in Miami and as a senior may be 2nd or 3rd in Offensive Line rotation. Potentially not drafted.

Ra'Shede Hageman: 11th best TE in 2009 (4-Star). Had his difficulties personally and academically his first 2 seasons. Was able to work through it with the help of Coaches and Staff. Possibly team captain. Picked to go at the very least....2nd Round in NFL Draft.

Just think back about all the Seantrel Henderson threads. All the wishing. All the speculation. All the rumors about him maybe coming back. Rap albums for Dad. USC. Miami. Card board cutouts with his jersey on them. That sure was a lot of wasted emotion and typing on Gopherhole.

Just think back about all the Seantrel Henderson threads. All the wishing. All the speculation. All the rumors about him maybe coming back. Rap albums for Dad. USC. Miami. Card board cutouts with his jersey on them. That sure was a lot of wasted emotion and typing on Gopherhole.

Helicopter!

A different environment or different location and he could have been a different player. His father's influence definitely played a role in his collegiate development overall. Physcially he was very mature, but emotionally he was a child and he did not work on getting better. Maybe, and I am not saying definitely, if he would have come to the U, Seantrell could have had a better support structure and succeeded, but there are plenty of athletes who fit the same bill.

I have a friend who works in athletics at Miami and he kept saying the biggest mark again Seantrell is that he is being perceived as being lazy by not showing up or doing the bare minimum in offseason workouts. Lets hope he at least gets his degree and moves on with his life. It is sad to see a very talented player fall apart like he has shown.

Much talk about player development: Here's the latest -

Seantrel Henderson: Nation's top high school prospect in 2010 (5-Star). Had many ups and downs in his career. Settled in Miami and as a senior may be 2nd or 3rd in Offensive Line rotation. Potentially not drafted.

Ra'Shede Hageman: 11th best TE in 2009 (4-Star). Had his difficulties personally and academically his first 2 seasons. Was able to work through it with the help of Coaches and Staff. Possibly team captain. Picked to go at the very least....2nd Round in NFL Draft.

What a resounding endorsement of the character of Rashede Hageman...and the willingness of coach Kill to invest in a player. I remember a quote about how he didn't know if Hageman would be back when he was hired.

A different environment or different location and he could have been a different player. His father's influence definitely played a role in his collegiate development overall. Physcially he was very mature, but emotionally he was a child and he did not work on getting better. Maybe, and I am not saying definitely, if he would have come to the U, Seantrell could have had a better support structure and succeeded, but there are plenty of athletes who fit the same bill.

I have a friend who works in athletics at Miami and he kept saying the biggest mark again Seantrell is that he is being perceived as being lazy by not showing up or doing the bare minimum in offseason workouts. Lets hope he at least gets his degree and moves on with his life. It is sad to see a very talented player fall apart like he has shown.

I would have been very happy had he chosen The "U". And I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

You could have called this the moment all the sound bytes came out from his dad.
He was swayed to take a path of celebrity, hype, and entitlement rather than go somewhere that would further help him grow up and mature.
Immaturity can be forgiven in an 18 year old, but the adults in his life absolutely failed him in every way, including his parents and coaches. Hopefully someday he doesn't pull the same crap his dad did on his son, should he have one.

I don't get most of the comments in this thread. Henderson hasn't lived up to 5-star status (far from it), but he's been a very solid player when healthy and is a stone-cold lead-pipe lock to be drafted next year.

What a resounding endorsement of the character of Rashede Hageman...and the willingness of coach Kill to invest in a player. I remember a quote about how he didn't know if Hageman would be back when he was hired.

Hopefully Hageman's turnaround will continue. I have some friends with kids that went to Washburn HS around the time Hageman was there and lets just say his conduct and behavior was not ideal. He was suspended often and if it weren't for football he would've been expelled.

Hope it's behind him now and he doesn't regress.

I don't get most of the comments in this thread. Henderson hasn't lived up to 5-star status (far from it), but he's been a very solid player when healthy and is a stone-cold lead-pipe lock to be drafted next year.

I don't want to get in a pi__ing match here, but very high expectations go with being the top ranked player in the nation - far more than only being a solid player. As far as a "stone-cold lead-pipe" lock to be drafted, time will tell. But Mr. Henderson peaked early and is now riding the bench. That is not a very good commentary on someone so highly regarded. The guy's got the physical goods, but I believe Ole is right; the adults in his life failed him. The big question, will he have the drive and fortitude to overcome disappointment like this. I hope so. But my guess is that the system he put himself under (the other U), will not look out for his best interest like Kill and Co.

Hopefully someday he doesn't pull the same crap his dad did on his son, should he have one.

"I hope that both of you have sons. Handsome and beautiful, articulate sons, talented and star athletic. And I hope they have their legs taken away, I mean I pray you know that pain and that hurt." Ricky Bobby

Can't believe he is already a senior. Time flies when you're irrelevant, I guess.

Who knows what would have happened had he come to the U of M, but I'm kind of glad he didn't. If the #1 player in the country went to the U of M and "busted," it would hurt our recruiting in the future.

"I hope that both of you have sons. Handsome and beautiful, articulate sons, talented and star athletic. And I hope they have their legs taken away, I mean I pray you know that pain and that hurt." Ricky Bobby

DON'T YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME!

rickybobby_zps6dc5ecf5.jpg

Hopefully Hageman's turnaround will continue. I have some friends with kids that went to Washburn HS around the time Hageman was there and lets just say his conduct and behavior was not ideal. He was suspended often and if it weren't for football he would've been expelled.

Hope it's behind him now and he doesn't regress.

I guess I meant the development of his character. I hope he truly has matured as much as it appears he has. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he was a knucklehead in highschool.

Top Bottom