Seantrel Dropping the U?

Honyocker

Gophers-In Good or Bad Times
Reaction score
I hear that we are "out of it" with Seantrel Henderson and that he wants to play for a "big time" program. Seantrel doesn't want to go to his home university? Not good enough for him? See ya. One o-lineman will not make a team good or bad, but our group of o-linemen will make a big difference. You too good and important to play for for U, Seantrel? That is just fine. If you feel that way, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way to ND or USC. We have TWO great o-linement coming to the U who DO want to be here...Jimmy Gjere and Ed Olson. No matter what happens with Seantrel, we win. Jimmy and Ed are my guys, and I could not be happier.

Don't be too hard on the kid. He is trying to do what he thinks is best for him and I don't blame him. The U was the best thing for me and my life has worked our well for ME. SH may need something more. I am not one of those guys that will wish him well and send him on his way if he does not come here. I will not hold it against him and wish him ill either. It will just be, SH who and I will be pulling for my Gophers. Love the local kids that stay home and help the program and the state of Minnesota, but if your zip code happens to be from California, Texas, Florida or some place else welcome to Minnesota.

Don't be too hard on the kid. He is trying to do what he thinks is best for him and I don't blame him. The U was the best thing for me and my life has worked our well for ME. SH may need something more. I am not one of those guys that will wish him well and send him on his way if he does not come here. I will not hold it against him and wish him ill either. It will just be, SH who and I will be pulling for my Gophers. Love the local kids that stay home and help the program and the state of Minnesota, but if your zip code happens to be from California, Texas, Florida or some place else welcome to Minnesota.

+1

Sigh...I have a new reason for wanting Henderson to sign. The amount of bitching and moaning that will occur if he signs somewhere else will be legendary. Should that happen I fully expect to hear all about his hidden flaws that everyone has known about for years that will keep him from being successful. Or why we were never really interested. Or how he is the cause of all evil in the universe and that world peace would have broken out if only he wasn't a selfish jackoff.

He. Is. A. High. School. Kid. He's been nothing but fair in the process and has done nothing to slight the U. He won't be someone who has reneged on a commitment to us or spurned us in some humiliating fashion. He's showing more maturity in his decision making then many folks out here in cyberworld are. You'd think our lives were going to be shaped by his decision or something. Grow up.

Gotta agree with GoAUpher here. The original post is pretty pathetic.

I hope some day my world revolves around where a young man I don't even know decides where he wants to attend college. ;)

Best of luck to young Mr. Henderson, wherever he decides to go to school.

We had some scouts at the Woodbury/Cretin game and they were hearing just the opposite. The U coaches have done everything possible to get Henderson but have not overly pressured the kid. He and his family have appreciated how respectful the U has been of the whole process. Now this is just from some fans in the stands but certainly carries as much if not more credibility that the OP.

Agreed, guys. If I jumped to conclusions on everything I hear, then I want to serve on a jury that only let's me hear the prosecution and then find the defendant guilty, because I "heard". Rumors are worth what I pay for them....Nothing. As a result, I do not make a conclusion based on what I hear.

Support the young man..We're lucky to have him in our state and I for one think we have a real chance to land him. Of course, I'm an eternal optimist!

Rumors

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors, Rumors, I get tired of them!

You Miss My Point...

I hear that we are "out of it" with Seantrel Henderson and that he wants to play for a "big time" program. Seantrel doesn't want to go to his home university? Not good enough for him? See ya. One o-lineman will not make a team good or bad, but our group of o-linemen will make a big difference. You too good and important to play for for U, Seantrel? That is just fine. If you feel that way, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way to ND or USC. We have TWO great o-linement coming to the U who DO want to be here...Jimmy Gjere and Ed Olson. No matter what happens with Seantrel, we win. Jimmy and Ed are my guys, and I could not be happier.

You miss my point completely. We have two great offensive linemen committed to the U, Jimmy Gjere and Ed Olson, and we are talking about possibly losing Seantrel? Both these guys could end up being better than Henderson. Let's celebrate and appreciate these guys, not act like our class is in any way dependent on one guy. This is the class of Jimmy and Ed, who could have played just about anywhere they wanted to.

You miss my point completely. We have two great offensive linemen committed to the U, Jimmy Gjere and Ed Olson, and we are talking about possibly losing Seantrel? Both these guys could end up being better than Henderson. Let's celebrate and appreciate these guys, not act like our class is in any way dependent on one guy. This is the class of Jimmy and Ed, who could have played just about anywhere they wanted to.

I think people are happy that we're getting both of them and expect them to be very solid players...The point people are trying to make to you is that we shouldn't slam Seantrel if he chooses to go elsewhere. He seems like a really good kid and many still believe we have a legitimate shot. Signing him would be huge in many ways: 1. It's obvious we need help on the O'line 2. Signing MN talent and getting them to stay home is huge. 3. Getting the #1 overall recruit in the nation could sway more big time players to come to the "U" (I'm hoping another big time back!)

Let's try to not to start too many threads knocking the kid especially before he actually makes a committment....

It's pretty easy to miss that point when you wrap it in this kind of BS:
I hear that we are "out of it" with Seantrel Henderson and that he wants to play for a "big time" program.
Quality snark here, especially since Henderson has never made any comments like this. At best, the closest thing to this was when he talked about wanting to win championships.
Seantrel doesn't want to go to his home university? Not good enough for him? See ya.
Again, where did he say this? Also, way to stay classy towards a HS kid.
You too good and important to play for for U, Seantrel? That is just fine. If you feel that way, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way to ND or USC.
And you complete the overreaction to rumors trifecta with another stirring example of class and dignity.

Here's a tip. If you want people to think you are praising Gjere and Olson and not trashing Henderson, you should probably stick to praising Gjere and Olson while leaving out the part where you trash Henderson.

You Are Right

It's pretty easy to miss that point when you wrap it in this kind of BS:

Quality snark here, especially since Henderson has never made any comments like this. At best, the closest thing to this was when he talked about wanting to win championships.

Again, where did he say this? Also, way to stay classy towards a HS kid.

And you complete the overreaction to rumors trifecta with another stirring example of class and dignity.

Here's a tip. If you want people to think you are praising Gjere and Olson and not trashing Henderson, you should probably stick to praising Gjere and Olson while leaving out the part where you trash Henderson.

I am so so sorry.

When has there been such a high profile Minnesota recruit? Mauer maybe but baseball changed his recruitment.
However, compared to others, Henderson has been wonderful. Compare Rickert, Humphries, Trevor Laws etc. Henderson seems like an excellent young man from an excellent family. He seems humble and personable as well. I hope he commits to Minnesota but if he doesn't (and goes outside the Big Ten) then I hope he does well.

He's just a kid. He may or may not be a good ball player. Can we stop these threads now?

It would be okay if it was not pure hearsay and speculation. But it is.

You miss my point completely. We have two great offensive linemen committed to the U, Jimmy Gjere and Ed Olson, and we are talking about possibly losing Seantrel? Both these guys could end up being better than Henderson.
In the way that Adam Weber might cure cancer in his biochem fall project yes.

Until SH makes any statements, this hear from stuff is really not worth the time of day. Though I personally think his main interest is USC, that is just my opinion based on at best circumstantial evidence such as visits. To suggest SH is looking only at a big time program is to suggest he is mainly interested in his ego being fed and from what I have noticed in reading about him from various boards is that his ego is not his main motivator.

BTW - I agree with a lot of the responding comments. He is a kid who has to make a choice which seems best to him. It would be best to just let him and support him IMO.

idiots

What everyone on this board should do is shut the hell up about recruits and rumors. It does not help to whine, criticize or get involved! Let the coaches do what they are hired to do.

Ed Olson is a freshman on the team who is redshirting not a recruit. Your whole "point" of this post is not even "correct."

dpod...When I was in high school I dated a perfect 36.... she was 12-12-12. :)

SH and his family are sitting on a winning lottery ticket. The kid is incredible. Gjere and Olsen are talented young kids, but they don't hold a candle to Henderson. He really is one of those unique talents that doesn't come around very often. Henderson and his parents have been nothing but diligent and respectful of the U (and the other schools) during this entire process. I can't blame a kid who wants to get away from home to go to college, or a kid that decides the best way to cultivate his talent is to attend USC, Florida, or Ohio St. This is a decision where Henderson needs to be selfish and do what is best for him and his family. As long as he doesn't make an entire circus out of the situation, I say good luck to him.

PS...As of last saturday, I do know for a fact that the Gophers are not "OUT" of the running for SH. So unless something has changed this week, the U is still there. He really likes Tubby and wants to play basketball too.

Ed Olson is a freshman on the team who is redshirting not a recruit. Your whole "point" of this post is not even "correct."

He's still going to begin playing with the same class so technically, he is correct, unless of course you want to argue over something so pitiful which you are trying to do.

Top Bottom