SCARED OF AUBURN?

OldBob53

Reaction score
They beat oregon, they beat Alabama--are you concerned?

Ahhh....NO. My prediction is a shoot-out. However, I'm assuming they'll have a few important pieces that will skip the game; we might too, but their pieces will/would be more impactful.

Bama's back up QB.

I like the Gophs being underdogs so I'll say YES (while quietly believing NO).

Worst thing that happens is we lose to a team who is always a top SEC team and still have a 10 win season...not much to lose on our side.

giphy.gif

Skeered of Slawburn?

Naw...

Respect Auburn - Yep
Fear Auburn - Nope - you and a few others have more then enough fear for all of us.

Auburn is very good, it will take a great game from the Gophers to beat them. Auburn is the higher rated team, this is a no lose situation for us. Go out, play loose and see what happens.

I'd be more worried if we played Tennessee or Kentucky.

Auburn is a good team and we're playing in a New Year's Day bowl. We could win. We could lose. If we lose, it won't be embarrassing.

The SEC has been dominant for some considerable time now, and The Tigers are near the top. I'm worried about a blowout that would sully our beloved Gophers.

I would also say concerned.
Gophers' program gained a lot of momentum and positive publicity this year.

A close loss does not hurt them, IMHO. But, a bad loss would hurt them. What is a 'bad' loss - 20+ point margin. If the Gophers lose by a wide margin, that would mean they finished the season by losing lop-sided games to WI and Auburn. If that happens, the narrative becomes "Gophers don't belong among top teams."

obviously, a win over Auburn changes the narrative.

So, just keep it close.

Minnesota=Homer
Auburn=Strawberry

On top of that Minnesota and Auburn have never played, so it's even more true with Strawberry never meeting Homer.

The SEC has been dominant for some considerable time now, and The Tigers are near the top. I'm worried about a blowout that would sully our beloved Gophers.

This is so true.

Last edited:

Scared? No.
Respect? Very much so. A lot of speed, skill and likely more depth.
Gophers will need to bring their "A" game on both sides of the ball, and eliminate special teams hiccups.

If they do, they will fare well.

No. Very evenly matched statistically, so I think it will be a great game. I expected the spread to favor Auburn.

Beyond concerned. Terrified to the core.

I won't even watch the game. :eek:

To save us all the Gophers should back out of the game.

No you bellend.

Imagine posting this thread title.

For those that might be worried, go watch any of Auburn vs Florida, LSU or Georgia. For that matter watch the Oregon game. Throw out the bammer game (it really does mean more). And if you really want to feel better, watch that offensive line. Also remember there's a pretty strong chance that #5 and #3 on that defensive front won't be on the field at RJS come January 1.
Your guy Fleck will have the Gophers ready.

For those that might be worried, go watch any of Auburn vs Florida, LSU or Georgia. For that matter watch the Oregon game. Throw out the bammer game (it really does mean more). And if you really want to feel better, watch that offensive line. Also remember there's a pretty strong chance that #5 and #3 on that defensive front won't be on the field at RJS come January 1.
Your guy Fleck will have the Gophers ready.

No thanks we've had enough of watching guys wiff at times watching our own line... :(

Nothing to lose in this bowl. No one thinks we can win. If we lose, it's what people expected. If we win, we gain respect to start next season. I have no fear at all in this game. It's a great measuring stick.

This is dumb even Robb Smith-defended 6-6 Minnesota hung with Ohio State in Columbus deep into the 4th quarter last year. This is the Big Ten and Minnesota plays very good teams every year, including the #4 team in the country and beat them.

Auburn's a favorite, but scared is just silly. Our OL outweighs the Vikings even without Faalele!

Top Bottom