SCARED OF AUBURN?

I’m sure this has already been said, but OldBob is not a Gopher fan. He’s just trying to stir the pot.

If your sense of self worth depends on MN winning then you should be anxious.
If you ignore losses to IA and WI and only have the ten wins as your standard you may be in for a big surprise.
The biggest MN advantage will be Auburn's indifference to the bowl and their opponent.
Be grateful MN does not face AL because there is a team with something to prove. Auburn's win over AL made their season a success. MN may catch Auburn sleeping like they did PSU and ILL did WI.

If you ignore losses to IA and WI and only have the ten wins as your standard you may be in for a big surprise.
The biggest MN advantage will be Auburn's indifference to the bowl and their opponent.
Be grateful MN does not face AL because there is a team with something to prove. Auburn's win over AL made their season a success. MN may catch Auburn sleeping like they did PSU and ILL did WI.

I don’t think Penn State was caught sleeping. Gophers were the better team that day....had the better game plan and made more plays. Much of their success was tied to neutralizing Penn State’s front 7, and they did. Some of that involved the 6 OL package. Unfortunately, Faalele was lost early in the Wisconsin game, and it was all downhill from there. Lack of depth on the OL is glaring.

I don’t think Penn State was caught sleeping. Gophers were the better team that day....had the better game plan and made more plays. Much of their success was tied to neutralizing Penn State’s front 7, and they did. Some of that involved the 6 OL package. Unfortunately, Faalele was lost early in the Wisconsin game, and it was all downhill from there. Lack of depth on the OL is glaring.
Anyone watching that PSU QB that swears at boats, come out of that injury tent with "hell in his eyes" knew they meant business!!!!!!! Or at least he was auditioning for hollywood…:poop:

To sum up: If Auburn wins, it's because Auburn is better.

If Minnesota wins, well... don't worry, because we have excuses already prepared that will minimize the accomplishment.

Sounds really familiar. Hmmmm... where have I heard this before? Oh, wait! I know this schtick! It's The KFAN Mantra!

Getting kind of old and tired, though, isn't it? It may be past time for a new, fresh 'bit'.

I honestly don’t believe Oldbob is as old as he said he is. Senior Citizens don’t use all caps.

To sum up: If Auburn wins, it's because Auburn is better.

If Minnesota wins, well... don't worry, because we have excuses already prepared that will minimize the accomplishment.

Sounds really familiar. Hmmmm... where have I heard this before? Oh, wait! I know this schtick! It's The KFAN Mantra!

Getting kind of old and tired, though, isn't it? It may be past time for a new, fresh 'bit'.
You clearly haven’t listened to KFAN this year. They’ve done a great job this year.

it could be the gophers have always been ignored because nobody cared and they’re trying to get listeners.

Penn St called. They take offense to your meme.

5235d413-5f48-4ab0-91e8-5ed7edea26b2-AP19313749482324.jpg

I am excited for the game. I am also terrifed that we will be embarrassed and PJ will be apologizing. My hope is that the team is well prepared.

Penn St called. They take offense to your meme.

5235d413-5f48-4ab0-91e8-5ed7edea26b2-AP19313749482324.jpg

Because Penn State at home will be like playing Auburn on a neutral site maybe even slight Auburn home depending on how well people travel

As much as I admit I was wrong about the Penn State game, I haven’t seen us play anywhere close to that level since. We also had less serious injuries then too.

Auburn is more talented than Penn State and played and beaten some of the better teams in the country.

Because Penn State at home will be like playing Auburn on a neutral site maybe even slight Auburn home depending on how well people travel

As much as I admit I was wrong about the Penn State game, I haven’t seen us play anywhere close to that level since. We also had less serious injuries then too.

Auburn is more talented than Penn State and played and beaten some of the better teams in the country.

Penn State is #10 in team talent, Auburn #13.

I see several teams in the top 20 that wouldn’t scare me all, starting with #6 Florida State and #4 USC.

I don't fear, but I certainly respect Auburn. In the five recruiting years that represent the rosters for this game, Auburn has enrolled four 5-star players and 68 4-star players; the Gophs have enrolled no 5-stars and only four 4-star players. Auburn has enrolled 23 players who rated better than 0.9400 on 247; Gophs have enrolled one: CC. To the extent people believe in these statistics, Auburn is more athletic than anybody the Gophers have played this year (with possible exception of Penn Sate). Auburn has defensive lineman that rate higher than Iowa's Epenesa. If the Gophers run their same limited, highly-predictable offense--which works well against teams over which we have a talent advantage--they could be in for a long, disappointing day. If the Gophers show some innovation and creativity on offense, use some sets and plays that don't already show up several hundred times on 2019 game film, we might have a chance. I think the players will be ready for the challenge, but our coaches might have to "change their best" if we want to hang with Auburn.

Auburn
✩✩✩✩✩
Auburn
✩✩✩✩
Auburn
Average
Auburn
Rank
Minn.
✩✩✩✩✩
Minn.
✩✩✩✩
Minn.
Average
Minn.
Rank
Total/Avg.4680.90319.8040.846650.2
>.988>.980
.96-.986.96-.980
.94-.969.94-.961
.92-.9416.92-.940
<.9232<.923

Last edited:

It will come down to which "Fleck" shows up. The Fleck that coached the 1st half at Penn State or the "Fleck" that coached the second half against Penn State, Iowa and Wisconsin. The biggest difference was seeing a decision maker playing to "win" vs. playing not to lose. I would think we will get the "Fleck" that plays to win this game, so watch out. I really do think Fleck coached against Iowa, Wisconsin and our 3 non-conference opponents feeling we were the better team and hence ran an offense that was vanilla. Of course Iowa and WI did have a defense that helped in that, but I do think our play calling played into it as well. Bottom line is there is nothing to fear if our team shows up. If Auburn comes to play and we do as well the game will be competitive.

Is the the sky always falling in your world?

Maybe the Tigers won't deign to abuse gophers, seeking bigger prey.

Top Bottom