sarkisian

That seems to be the case. If he's a serious candidate it would be because UW is abandoning Husky Stadium, which as a former Seattle resident would be as bad if not worse than leaving Memorial. Food for thought.

There was also an issue regarding the UW AD going over Sarkisian's head to boot a top player (a TE) off the team without hard proof of wrongdoing? This apparently did not sit well with Sarkisian but who knows the real story. If so, sounds a lot like the Mbakwe situation but that is beside the point.

Edit: Here is the story- it was Kavario Middleton: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2012405925_uwfb21.html. Coincidentally, I remember that Brewster went hard after Middleton for his 2008 class and we were in the (very) early running but ultimately eliminated.

I heard the Sarkisian rumor about a week ago. I think it's wishful thinking on the part of some Husky fans who are not happy with how their season is going.

I heard the Sarkisian rumor about a week ago. I think it's wishful thinking on the part of some Husky fans who are not happy with how their season is going.

This. The two threads I read on UW boards were 100% in favor of "Sark" leaving town. Hell, they were all but ready to chip in for airfare. That said, it really is interesting that it hasn't gotten much play here at all. No one had brought up the name prior to this thread (to my knowledge), and although it doesn't seem imminent, the rumor does have legs...

The vibe I got from the threads I read was that the fans would be devasted if he left. A bunch of people wrote about how it would set Husky football back ,etc. In fact, they talked in such drastic terms that is the reason why I initially thought it was a message board hoax and now I am pretty certain. If you go back and read a lot of it, it seems like it's the husky boards version of "Mike Hohensee". Maybe it has some legs to it, but it seems REALLY unlikely to me.

Furthermore, Sarkisian gets paid a ton. His contract will bump up to $2.3 million in 2013 with a huge buyout (from him or the university).

A guy is generally liked by his fan base even though there has been mediocore results. Almost all of his connections are to the west coast (might be more difficult to get a lot of those kids to MN rather than Washington). He gets paid on the upper end of the spectrum that we have been "allegedly" willing to pay. His name has come out of absolutely nowhere add that to some of the funny comments made on the husky message boards, I just can't believe this is anything more than a hoax.

Sark makes no sense at all. He's a lifelong West Coast guy coaching at a great place in the Pac-10, he's not a household name, his Head Coachi resume is weak sauce, he's already making big money so he'd cost a fortune, the list is long.....it just don't make sense to me.

The only thing that makes sense to me is Sark is just trying to leverage a contract extension a la Brew flirting with Kansas a couple years back. (*Credit to MV who posted something to this effect this morning across the street).

This can't be true because

Joe Schmit wasn't the first to report it.:cool02: I thought he had the great sources inside our program? If Sarkasian was a serious candidate, we would have heard about it from Joe's twitter feed long before a bunch of yahoos on the U-dub board with Tourrettes (apparently their board doesn't have moderators) started babbling about it.

Joe Schmit not reporting it is about the only shred of evidence that this has any legs whatsoever.

scout board blowing up with UW fans claiming that there are legs to sarkisian considering the gopher job. i think that this smells a little too much like brewster to kanas.

I would love to get him as our next coach. He's as product of USC and is a much safer choice than Lane Kiffin. He would be a big time get in my opinion...

Much like with Brady Hoke, I just can not see Joel Maturi introducing a head coach with a losing record with all of the talk he has made baout the kind of coach he wants to hire. Don't care what the circumstances are. This is a job with circumstances too.

I think once the new Gopher coach is hired, and we all look back at the search... the Sarkisian rumors will prove to be among the most silly discussions. It seems to be all generated by Washington fans, the job in Washington has a lot of up-side, and the guy is pretty much brand new there...

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111810aaf.html

Top Bottom