Ryan Wynn cited for underage consumption

Doogie

Reaction score
I know many will dismiss and say this is a non-story, but since gopherbadgermn started a thread that has over 2,000 hits, we can put an end to the speculation of who it might be ... here are the details below ... absorb however you see fit.

From Tempe police spokesperson Steven Carbajal, who got back to me a short time ago: OL Ryan Wynn was cited local time 10:54 p.m. New Year's Eve for minor consumption (His D.O.B. is 8/2/89) ... Arizona has different laws ... minor and possession laws, etc. Officers can act as they so choose if they determine that a minor has consumed alcohol (guessing most states have comparable laws I suppose).
He was cited in the 400 block of South Mill Ave. ... blew a .172 ... typically, local residents are cited on the spot and are released ... since Ryan is not a local resident, he was taken to the Tempe jail and spent the night there.

I know many will dismiss and say this is a non-story, but since gopherbadgermn started a thread that has over 2,000 hits, we can put an end to the speculation of who it might be ... here are the details below ... absorb however you see fit.

From Tempe police spokesperson Steven Carbajal, who got back to me a short time ago: OL Ryan Wynn was cited local time 10:54 p.m. New Year's Eve for minor consumption (His D.O.B. is 8/2/89) ... Arizona has different laws ... minor and possession laws, etc. Officers can act as they so choose if they determine that a minor has consumed alcohol (guessing most states have comparable laws I suppose).
He was cited in the 400 block of South Mill Ave. ... blew a .172 ... typically, local residents are cited on the spot and are released ... since Ryan is not a local resident, he was taken to the Tempe jail and spent the night there.

wow .172 is pretty high. But at least he did not assault or do anything else stupid.

That's a pretty high BAC. He must have been out with Dr. Don.

Not a big deal but reportable. Thanks. I would hardly call Ryan Wynn an impact player.

yeah, he was injured IIRC. i have high hopes for him next year.

I got drunk after the game too.

Sweet. I got a minor consumption ticket when I was 20. Welcome to the club, Ryan.

Hmm..New Years Eve

I wonder how many people blew a.172?. My guess is that is below average especially if you partied at home. Big kid stand out so why not tag him. Same old,same old, but I'm sure the Strib
if they p/u on the information will front page it somewhere.

I wonder how many people blew a.172?. My guess is that is below average especially if you partied at home. Big kid stand out so why not tag him. Same old,same old, but I'm sure the Strib
if they p/u on the information will front page it somewhere.

yea not the kids fault for being underage and drunk, i am sure the cops saw the "big kid standing out and tagged him". I guess at least they did not have to taze him.

I agree that this is really a nonstory, but it does deserve to be reported on.

He got cited at 10:54pm, damn he didn't waste any time, what time was the game over?

He got cited at 10:54pm, damn he didn't waste any time, what time was the game over?

The final seconds ticked off the clock at 7:17 MT - that's when I received my first postgame "WTF?" phone call.

Two other things: agreed that I wouldn't consider Wynn - or anyone on this offensive line - an "impact player," and that underage consumption is worth mentioning, but nothing more. Not that it will stop the morons from spinning it to the program being out of control....

LOL! Let's ask President Bruininks if this is a non-story. If this happens in Dinkytown then maybe it is a non-story. But when a team travels somewhere, each player is representing the University of Minnesota and they should act as such. The fact that one of your representatives can not make it through the trip without getting arrested and spending a night in jail is a black eye for the U.

Without the link to the SD woman, this is a worthless thread. Thanks Doogie, you're the best!

wish i had blinders on
What blinders? It's a minor consumption. It honestly isn't a big deal. If its a minor and he does something dumb (resisting, fighting, etc) then ok. But just drinking when you aren't 21? I'm sure no athlete ever does that.

LOL! Let's ask President Bruininks if this is a non-story. If this happens in Dinkytown then maybe it is a non-story. But when a team travels somewhere, each player is representing the University of Minnesota and they should act as such. The fact that one of your representatives can not make it through the trip without getting arrested and spending a night in jail is a black eye for the U.
It's still not a big deal. It's not his fault that the cops put out of staters in jail for such a minor violation. He's repping the U in MN too. If its not a big deal in Dinkytown then its not a big deal here.

how did he get home?

the other thread said the team plane left without him since he was still in the pokey - I remember a few years back at the Sun Bowl Mason made some kid ride the bus back for breaking team rules - any chance this kid is sitting on "the Dog" somewhere on I35?

Now here is something important. One more huzzah for our board's resident journalist.

The final seconds ticked off the clock at 7:17 MT - that's when I received my first postgame "WTF?" phone call.

Two other things: agreed that I wouldn't consider Wynn - or anyone on this offensive line - an "impact player," and that underage consumption is worth mentioning, but nothing more. Not that it will stop the morons from spinning it to the program being out of control....

He was an impact player. His absence due to injury had a negative impact on the OL this year.

Top Bottom