Ryan Stapp commits to the Gophers!

Despite the tweet rumors are that Stapp was saying privately that "Abilene Chrisitan felt like my own prison".

Here's hoping Stapp continues the run of success Fleck has had with defensive transfers coming in and making an impact. The last guy from AC was pretty dang good, and looks like Stapp will have a couple years which is even better.

We should probably make sure to watch AC games next season to try and identify the next one of their guys that will be headed this way. :)

Here's hoping Stapp continues the run of success Fleck has had with defensive transfers coming in and making an impact. The last guy from AC was pretty dang good, and looks like Stapp will have a couple years which is even better.

We should probably make sure to watch AC games next season to try and identify the next one of their guys that will be headed this way. :)
AC road trip during our bye week?

I mean I was leaning more towards trying to find some of their games on TV, but love the dedication :)
I wasn't really serious about doing a road trip, but just peeked at ACU's schedule for 2022 and there isn't much published. Is that normal for FCS?

A real rarity.

Ha, yeah quick hips for a white boy. In doing research for this poorly considered post it’s true - there are not and have not been a great many white cornerbacks in the modern game. Even guys that have made it to the NFL like Lakeville’s Kevin Kaesviharn (Augustana’s second player to make an NFL roster) seem to eventually get moved to safety.

Perfect example of how you out perform recruiting rankings. This kid won’t impact the rank of this years class, but should be an instant impact player at a position of need and quite possibly a starter. Could easily be just as if not more impactful than if we brought in a four star freshman, especially in the short term.

On a more important note, it looks like Phil Nelson has serious competition for best hair in Gopher football history.

Love that Stapp has 2 years of eligibility. This staff has had way more hits than misses as transfers and lets hope it continues here.

Ok, but that will be My Sacrifice.
james-harden-bye.gif

Given the way that this kid closes in on tackles and the strength of his hits, he might be a Justus Harris nickel back replacement when we are running the two LB set. He obviously has the coverage ability, but he looks like he’s very comfortable getting his nose in at the LOS, too. Would benefit from a little more weight, if it didn’t compromise his speed and quickness.

Top Bottom