Rutgers appears to be on verge of hiring Jerry Kill as offensive coordinator

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Why would his wife sign off this? Not exactly a low stress job.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

If so, Congratulations to Rutgers and Coach Kill. Glad to hear he's back coaching. That's good for CFB and the B1G, in my opinion.

If so, Congratulations to Rutgers and Coach Kill. Glad to hear he's back coaching. That's good for CFB and the B1G, in my opinion.

I'm with the other poster...not sure if it is a good move health wise for him. That place has been a meat grinder.

Who's surprised? Not me.....the head coach and offensive players might be after he draws his first play up on the board but not me![emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the end I guess it is Kill's call if he wants to dive back into the high stress world of full-time coaching. At least as an OC he doesn't have to be front and center and also has the ability to coach from the booth.

Hopefully he is finally being smart about his health, his track record isn't good in that department but maybe being away some helped him finally see the light. On the flip side it might be the same trap he has fallen into before where he feels good so he dives back in, stops taking care of himself, and the issues start all over again.

But that will be Rutgers situation to deal with assuming this is true.

Anyone doubt that if Jerry Kill had been hired by Kaler to be an Asst AD in charge of football that the train wreck we are dealing with now would be much different?

Many on here predicted Kill would be back coaching big-time CFB within 3 years. This came quicker than even they thought. This screams of Kill angling for a another head job in the next couple years. Come in, help fix another program, prove you're healthy, get another shot. Claeys et al. get canned either this year or after next, and boom, band is back together...Blues Brothers style.

Anyone doubt that if Jerry Kill had been hired by Kaler to be an Asst AD in charge of football that the train wreck we are dealing with now would be much different?

Kaler is not that intelligent....look at the mess that is the University of Minnesota under his watch. What a joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was offense Kill's specialty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great for Kill. Always a fan of those that are good people and get to do it their way. Wonder if he needs a WR coach.

Great for Kill. Always a fan of those that are good people and get to do it their way. <b>Wonder if he needs a WR coach. </b>

There is the GH I love!

Dumb move by head coach over there.

Never hire a great interim coach to be on your staff coming off of a 2-10 season.

I predict he will be the interim coach on the first of October headed into the bye week at 1-4

ol' jerry is a ball coach. it's in his blood.

There wouldn't be any story. He would have been out front with a strong fist in leadership. News for a day. Or he'd of had the fear of God in those guys and it never would have happened the way it did in the first place. Definitely another on the long list of Kaler's poor decisions.

Maybe. Maybe not. But probably. Failing to create the role for Kill was certainly one of many failures leading up the very public culmination we've seen over the last week.

Kill's feud with Kaler was obvious if you read between the lines last fall. I was upset when they cut him loose and I know that wasn't a popular opinion here but he seemed to have great leadership skills with the guys and I think Tracy needed to lean on him at times (by his own admission). Kill would have gone to bat for Tracy and the players here and perhaps this scenario doesn't come to the ugly head that it did.

Kaler has proven himself to be a cowardly and ham-fisted president, a flagship case of the plausible deniability school that has infected much of higher education.

Country Jer to New Jersey?

When will the Disney movie come out?

Makes sense as offense was the weakness of his Minnesota teams that he didn't call plays for....

" Kill, who will also coach the quarterbacks"

Offense and QBs, two things he was great at here in MN...

You're crying your eyes out because your health is forcing you to quit, then you're back in the game a little over a year later? And a head coach has more responsibilities than an OC, but that's still a pretty taxing job.

This makes no sense in the context of last year.

Top Bottom