Rules of the Game

I think it all depends on the teams playing. For example: If a Badgers player did that... clean play. If a Gopher player did it... over and back for sure.
Yep, gopher fans, conspiracy theorists all!

a thought - the Minnesota-Scores.net site used to have a message board. there was a guy on there who was a certified ref and would answer questions about rules and situations.

maybe the mods - or a board member - could find a certified ref who would be willing to answer questions of this sort on GH?

I think that would be very popular.

I disagree. It's always when it's not being contested but it does happen pretty often. It's just almost never called.

Yeah, we'll just have to disagree. I watch games very carefully, and there are many casual inbounds plays, but almost never are there violations where a guy steps over the line before releasing it, and certainly does not happen multiple times per game.

There was a clear miss in the Cal Baptist game this year by a Cal Baptist player. Ref missed it. Not much else stands out.

I'd like to see them add a rule that after a basket is scored, you get 6 seconds to inbound the ball once it goes through the hoop. No stalling to go get the ball, no passing the ball to the referee or whatever things teams can think of to delay inbounding the ball, especially at the end of the half. The count starts once the ball is through the hoop.

I may have seen the video that prompted this thread.

If it is what I think it is, it wasn’t an over and back but it was one of the worst traveling violations I have ever seen.

I'd like to see them add a rule that after a basket is scored, you get 6 seconds to inbound the ball once it goes through the hoop. No stalling to go get the ball, no passing the ball to the referee or whatever things teams can think of to delay inbounding the ball, especially at the end of the half. The count starts once the ball is through the hoop.
All that rule would do is change which team would do the stalling

I think it all depends on the teams playing. For example: If a Badgers player did that... clean play. If a Gopher player did it... over and back for sure.
Probably a foul on Minnesota.

They should just stop the clock after made baskets in the last minute of the first half. Teams are making a mockery of it now.

Yes but one reason you don’t see it a ton is because an nfl punt is 4.4 seconds. So to drain a full 3 seconds you’d have to launch an absolute missile

More likely to see it with 1.5 or 2
Ive seen it tried numerous times and more often it gets fucked up and turned over (hits the scoreboard or something hanging or the bottom of the backboard). Doing it bang bang and being able to get enough velocity with a guy rushing toward you or already on you is a bad bet imo

Top Bottom