Rtb mmgf

McGopherFan

Reaction score
I still love you Mrs McGopherFan. Be at peace.

Last edited:

Unfortunately my bride of 18 years died suddenly Tuesday morning. She had been in failing health recently, and a "heart event" stole my best friend.

Our third date was gophers v u Ohio. Our honeymoon included the Chester Taylor show at Toledo. We held season tickets until I was cut at the U. Remained supported the rest of the time.

I may need some additional assistance rtb for a week or 52 weeks.

Always tough to lose your best friend. Be thankful that your wife was your best friend. That's the way it should be. Remember though, your wife will always be with you and is preparing a home for the two of you in heaven. Row the boat indeed, going to take some time to get that knot out of your stomach. Peace be with you my friend.

Unfortunately my bride of 18 years died suddenly Tuesday morning. She had been in failing health recently, and a "heart event" stole my best friend.

Our third date was gophers v u Ohio. Our honeymoon included the Chester Taylor show at Toledo. We held season tickets until I was cut at the U. Remained supported the rest of the time.

Sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers with you.

It’s always hard, and all of our condolences will not fill your heart. I’m sure this last season was a great thing for you guys to share.

On a personal note, I spent the whole season thinking I could call my dad and talk about a play or a game. Miss that.

Always tough to lose your best friend. Be thankful that your wife was your best friend. That's the way it should be. Remember though, your wife will always be with you and is preparing a home for the two of you in heaven. Row the boat indeed, going to take some time to get that knot out of your stomach. Peace be with you my friend.

I am so sorry for your loss McGopherFan. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May you find peace and healing as you row your boat thru your life's journey.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Having gone through a similar situation I have an understanding that I wish I didnt have.... God bless and may you and Mmgf keep rowing your boat!

It's important to share your grief. Thank you for the gift of knowing the love you two shared.

Please take solace that the pain will turn to what you remember best about your wife. You'll find yourself talking to her during future moments of joy that will happen in the rest of your life. Hopefully the Gophers can be a source of those moments in the future.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully the memories of being together will help ease your pain.

Sorry to hear McG. I hope you are able to stay strong. Cheers to 18 years with your best friend.

McGopherfan, I'm so sorry for your loss. You'll be in my prayers. Peace and comfort to you.

Sorry for your loss, and I salute you for sharing here. I pray you're surrounded by family and friend and that you'll find God's peace on the other side of this.

Keep rowing...that's what it's all about. You're needed here on Earth and can do a lot of good.

We are 'rowing the boat' for you McGopherFan. God Bless.

It’s always hard, and all of our condolences will not fill your heart. I’m sure this last season was a great thing for you guys to share.

On a personal note, I spent the whole season thinking I could call my dad and talk about a play or a game. Miss that.
I still grab my phone now and then for the same reason. My dad would have loved this season.

A difficult loss; I hope the memories of happiness and laughs lift your heavy heart. Know that you are not alone and she is at peace. Blesses

So sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a spouse/best friend/lifetime partner is so difficult to mentally comprehend and so so much more difficult to experience. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

That you two stayed together and happy in spite of your 3rd date and honeymoon being two of the most infamous low moments of the century for Gopher fans speaks volumes about your bond.

Keep rowing the boat through the low times as you did then. We're here for you. There's brighter days ahead.

Grieve well friend.
Share those beautiful memories and welcome all who knew your love to share their memories freely and often.

Top Bottom