Royce to Iowa State

Between Royce and Godfrey, whew, good luck Hoiberg, your going to need it.

A couple of months ago, there was discussion that Godfrey would not be eligible this year. I thought you (might have been someone else) made the comment that if he qualified at Iowa State, there should be an investigation or something. I think he is enrolled for summer classes and admitted. Was there a change in his academic standing, or is something fishy?

A couple of months ago, there was discussion that Godfrey would not be eligible this year. I thought you (might have been someone else) made the comment that if he qualified at Iowa State, there should be an investigation or something. I think he is enrolled for summer classes and admitted. Was there a change in his academic standing, or is something fishy?
Last I head Godfrey was supposed to arrive in Ames last Thursday, but I have heard no confirmation that that happened. He still had one academic hurdle to clear as of a month ago but the staff was confident he would make it. I will believe he has made it when I see him make it to Ames. All other ISU recruits are in Ames now.

Last I head Godfrey was supposed to arrive in Ames last Thursday, but I have heard no confirmation that that happened. He still had one academic hurdle to clear as of a month ago but the staff was confident he would make it. I will believe he has made it when I see him make it to Ames. All other ISU recruits are in Ames now.

He needs 2 waivers - 1 to get scholarship $ because he is academically ineligible to do that now. And 2 - waiver of the 12 months (2 semesters) in residence before he plays for the new school.

My GUESS is that Royce will be a walk-on in fall semseter and won't play (at all) until fall of 2011.
He must already have the first waiver FOT or can you sign a financial aid agreement without being eligible to do so? He signed is aid agreement today thus the press release from ISU. Maybe he just can't receive the aid until he has the waiver.

Iowa State: Add White to this class and you have 94, 92, 91, 90, and 87 ratings. That is a strong class. Relatively good class in 2011 that could be very good. They have the makings of a first rate program. Hoiberg has started with a bang, they show some success on the court next season and they could be very good.

2010 Player Commits
NAME POS HT WT SCHOOL RANK GRADE
Jordan Railey Power Forward 6-9 225 Beaverton H.S. (OR) PF #30 92
Eric McKnight Power Forward 6-9 215 Princeton Day Academy (MD) PF #41 91
Melvin Ejim Small Forward 6-6 205 Brewster Academy (NH) SF #38 90
Calvin Godfrey Power Forward 6-8 215 Robbinsdale Cooper H.S. (MN) PF #86 87
2010 Player Commitments - Iowa State - Junior College/Transfers
NAME POS HT WT SCHOOL
DeMarcus Phillips
Shooting Guard 6-2 195 Marshalltown Community College (IA)

The 2011 class.

2011 Player Commits
Elgin Cook Small Forward 6-6 185 Milwaukee Hamilton H.S. (WI) SF #12 96
Anthony Odunsi Shooting Guard 6-3 195 Travis H.S. (TX) 40

2011 Players Considering - Iowa State
Naadir Tharpe Point Guard 6-0 170 Brewster Academy (NH) PG #8 96
Ross Travis Small Forward 6-7 195 Chaska H.S. (MN) SF #29 92
Forrest Robinson Center 6-9 210 Eastland H.S. (TX) 40
Jarrod Uthoff Power Forward 6-8 Jefferson H.S. (IA) 40

Iowa State also has Penn State transfer Chris Babb, Southern Illinois transfer Anthony Booker (6'8" PF) and Northern Illinois transfer 6'3" Darion Jake Anderson as well. Anderson is a graduate player that will be eligible this year for one season. He is in the top 20 all time (after three seasons) in scoring at NIU and will add some experience to our backcourt. Booker and Babb will add some experience in 2011 when they become eligible. Hoiberg has been busy.

Iowa State is my other team (did my doctoral work there).
Now I have to go through the Royce White uncertainty all over again.
My gut tells me he won't be mature or disciplined enough to ever play a game.
Interesting to see what the Mayor is pulling together in Ames, though.
Go Clones (unless they're playing the Gophs, of course).

Honestly - I think that if he leaves his entourage in Minnesota - and doesn't have anyone follow him there, he will be just fine. I believe that Royce is really a product of his environment - I really don't believe he's a bad kid. I think it will be good for him to start fresh, many wanted him to go to prep school for a year to do that. He is beyond talented on the bball court - and what I've seen of his this summer is not typical "Royce" I think he can get in shape and get most of that back by the time his conference plays comes around.

Hopefully, Godfrey can do the same - I was very impressed with him on the court, it was his other issues that were of concern.

royce is a CLUBBER. dude needs it, the attention and he wont get that in AMES>

have you seen this guys ego and his posters he's made for DJ'ing at AQUA, etc??

ha ha.. ames iowa, thats funny.

Joel Maturi, though, will tell you how proud he is of the successful cross country and volleyball teams at the University of Minnesota. C'mon! This is a STATE UNIVERSITY; a bottom-line business. Minnesota needs to make money in the money-making sports like men's basketball. Like it or not, Royce White would have helped this team win games, and in return, help the University gain revenue.
I wish RW well at ISU. I hope he excels so Mr, Maturi knows what he let slip away.

He must already have the first waiver FOT or can you sign a financial aid agreement without being eligible to do so? He signed is aid agreement today thus the press release from ISU. Maybe he just can't receive the aid until he has the waiver.

You can sign anything but Iowa State may feel the first waiver (explained in his GH interview) will go through. Needs 24 credit hours or a waiver to get a scholarship.

He cannot actually get $ until the waiver is granted.

Top Bottom