Roud 2 of conflict in the tunnels in Michigan

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Home and away teams enter and exit the same tunnel at Michigan. This has produced some memorable shouting matches in the past between teams including with Penn State recently (someone threw a sandwich).

Apparently again it happened yesterday with Michigan State, this one looks a
worse:

Takes 10 little brothers to beat up 1 big brother.

Michigan is gonna have to figure something out with that tunnel.

The reason the Wolverine player was there is that he was injured and trying to get in the locker room a little early.

Really bad look for state.

Home and away teams enter and exit the same tunnel at Michigan. This has produced some memorable shouting matches in the past between teams including with Penn State recently (someone threw a sandwich).

Apparently again it happened yesterday with Michigan State, this one looks a
worse:

Can pretty much guarantee what happened prior to this portion of the video. Michigan player was almost certainly running his mouth and being a jackass leading to the MSU players responding like jackasses and going after him.

Given that this is now the second time this year there has been an issue they will start having one team exit fully before the other team is allowed to start exiting. Sad that this has to be done but have to do something before it really gets out of hand.

Can pretty much guarantee what happened prior to this portion of the video. Michigan player was almost certainly running his mouth and being a jackass leading to the MSU players responding like jackasses and going after him.

Given that this is now the second time this year there has been an issue they will start having one team exit fully before the other team is allowed to start exiting. Sad that this has to be done but have to do something before it really gets out of hand.
Is your guarantee supposed to make this situation seem better from the Michigan state players perspective?

Is your guarantee supposed to make this situation seem better from the Michigan state players perspective?
Not at all. Just pointing out that I don't think the Michigan State players jumped an innocent Michigan player who was just minding his own business and trying to get to his locker room.

But if video surfaces that shows that to be the case I will freely admit I was wrong.

Not at all. Just pointing out that I don't think the Michigan State players jumped an innocent Michigan player who was just minding his own business and trying to get to his locker room.

But if video surfaces that shows that to be the case I will freely admit I was wrong.
Running his mouth makes him not innocent?

Running his mouth makes him not innocent?
Good lord.....just saying there was almost certainly stupidity involved on both sides is all. Doesn't justify what happened or make it right.

Bro they ganged up and assaulted him.

Bro they ganged up and assaulted him.
OMG.....I am not saying what happened was OK or that the MSU players did nothing wrong.

Simply trying to say that I don't think the Michigan player was just walking through the tunnel minding his own business when the MSU players, unprovoked in any way just decided to attack him.

Gotta think there is security cam footage in those tunnels. The clips that have been released so far all start filming after the fighting has started.

Guessing MSU will be missing some players for their game against Illinois next week.

Not a good that teams go through the same tunnel. IIRC the hockey teams at Williams Arena had to do the same. I think that one of the Beutows had a few issues in that tunnel. When I was in high school the Albert Lea football stadium both teams used the same shower room. Now that was asking for trouble.

There was a shouting match while teams were headed into the tunnel and yet you still had players from both teams heading into the tunnel together.

I’m a little confused how there’s no adult traffic control managing who goes in when.

It’s not a difficult concept.

Maybe even have the whole Michigan team stay out and sing the school song at the end of the game so they have a place to be while the other team clears out?

Last edited:

Michigan State are a bunch of goons, even if a Michigan player talked smack @ them. You are what your actions show. At least three of them deserve assault charges.

What a difference a year makes. MSU top 10 last year, 10 win team, won a NY6 bowl game.

This year ... down the tubes.

Using your helmet to attack another player, especially (but not that big of a difference, in intent) one that is not wearing their own helmet .... that's just plain felony assault in my book. Football be damned.

This dude needs to be expelled, plain and simple

Can't tell if that's his helmet on not. Looked darker....like a shoe.....which still isn't okay.

Can't tell if that's his helmet on not. Looked darker....like a shoe.....which still isn't okay.
You're right, I may have assumed the wrong thing. Can't tell.

It could be the dark/shadowed inside of a helmet, but it may also be shoes or something else.

EDIT: their shoes are white, but the bottoms might be darker

You're right, I may have assumed the wrong thing. Can't tell.

It could be the dark/shadowed inside of a helmet, but it may also be shoes or something else.

EDIT: their shoes are white, but the bottoms might be darker

Hope it wasn't a helmet. An overhand swing like that with a helmet could do some major damage.

Maybe the players and coaches should stop being little kids.
For decades no problem standing next to an opponent
It’s about protecting themselves from the little kids at this point.

Top Bottom