Rosters

Schnoodler

Ice Cream Abuser
Reaction score
If anyone needed a reminder of just how far the talent level has improved revisit this:

VGARTNKRZAMQJWL.20100609184750.jpg

Don't see guys like Alipate and Gray on the photo in 2007...but this isn't a great measuring stick. In this 2009 team photo they look huge compared to the other short guys in the front row.

GM

It saddens me that we are choosing 2007's team as the measuring stick for all future Gopher football squads.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Amir Pinnix put a helmet on and run the football for us this year.

I don't think Schnoodler posted this as a measuring stick, but simply to show that the physical talent level has improved. That talent still has to be developed and applied in games, which remains the biggest question mark about this coaching staff. But we are bigger, stronger, and faster than we were when Brewster took over and we are considerably deeper.

Correct me if I'm wrong on your intent Schnoodler.

I was just thinking how difficult it was to field a secondary that first year, and now we're sitting with 18 DB's on the roster most of which have a legitimate shot at deserving PT.

I was just thinking how difficult it was to field a secondary that first year, and now we're sitting with 18 DB's on the roster most of which have a legitimate shot at deserving PT.

Still not ready to think about Jamal Harris.... :mad:

Thanks, schnoodler. There are things that need to be kept in perspective. This '10 team is the most underrated in the country. That is OK with me. We have a shot at 8-4. I like the coaching staff, finally. They will get a lot more out our talent. We have a lot more talent.

Raymond Henderson was a disappointment, although by no fault of his own. If he hadn't gotten sick, he might have been a quality DE we needed. Same thing with Jay Thomas getting hurt.

Top Bottom