Rodney needs a nickname...

Colt 45 will never die off, just like AK 47. Thing is guys with nicknames either have to be good players or really bad (then its funny). Right now he isn't really deserving of a nickname but its soooooo easy that I have to keep doing it. I feel like nicknaming the whole roster

Al Nolen - 0 for 3
Westbrook - I like 'Larry'
Johnson - 'DJ' works
Sampson - RSIII works
Carter - ???
Devoe - ???
Hoff - I call him 'Hastlin Hoff' but that's just me
Bostick - Puffy
Mbakwe - It Wasn't Me
White - 5 Fingers McGee

I feel kind of bad, I literally laughed out loud at these! :D

I can't believe some people are "anti" nicknames. How are people this old able to use a computer?

Attention GopherHomer...Hey Little One...Let's not forget that it was us "old" people that invented computers.

I just like "The Kid."

And for the record, I'm not a fan of Colt 45... I like "the Yankton Yeti."

Nicknames.

"the Yankton Yeti." :clap:

One usually can't set out to nickname someone they don't know. If Rondney gets a nickname it will come naturally from teammates.

...before he get christened with something lame like Air-Rod (which I've actually heard). Thoughts? Maybe some suggestions could be made then we could vote.

I don't think Rodney should get a nickname until well into B10 season. If he is still flying through the air with the greatest of ease in February and March then it is time to restart the thread.

Old people also lived in a time of great nicknames. Dr. J, The Ice Man, Pistol Pete, etc.

I will revive this thread during the BT season if Rodney is still tearin' it up, but I think the leader in the clubhouse is Afternoon Delight. Let's hope Rodney shows penchant for coming up big in games that start between noon and 4 PM then it will fit even better.

Talking points

1. Age

2. " Anti " nicknames

3. Computer ability

I am sixty-eight years old.

I am not " anti " nicknames.
I am " anti" people who ridicule others based on age

I started working on computers at age eighteen when I was in the Navy.
Worked for NASA from 1965 to 1970 on the Gemini and Apollo Projects
From 1970 until retirement in 2001 I worked worldwide installing computer systems for
Sanders Data Systems, ITT, RCA, AT&T, Comten, NCR And Others.
Surely a computer user such as yourself knows some of those names.
So anytime you wish to discuss computer skills, feel free to contact me

Solid stuff Difalo. I had just enough Fortran and exposure to DOS programs to believe the old school computer science guys had it a lot rougher then the current computer science guys.

Considering we have a great aeronautical engineering program, maybe we can get some nicknames from MN developed aerospace products.

Top Bottom