Rodney needs a nickname...

ChemEGopher

Section 133 Row 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
...before he get christened with something lame like Air-Rod (which I've actually heard). Thoughts? Maybe some suggestions could be made then we could vote.

Here are some suggestions:

Rodney "the Hindenburg" Williams, because he seems to float forever, but when he comes down, he causes explosions. (From the crowd!). Then, the students could chant "Oh, the Humanity", when Rodney dunks on somebody.

Or, how about Rodney "Glaucomys sabrinus" Williams (it's a type of flying squirrel). Sure, it's hard to pronounce, but at least it's unique.

Nicknames like the "Osseo Assassin" or Skywalker, or anything like that is too pedestrian. Frankly, my favorite nickname for Rodney is Rodney "the Black Jewish Jordan" Williams. Williams reminds me a lot of Sam Jacobson, who was of course known as the Jewish Jordan (despite being about as Jewish as Ralph Engelstad). So, I think "the Black Jewish Jordan" would be a great nickname for him.

How about "Rodney" ..... Kind of simple, like "Michael" .. nothing else really needs to be said.

My efforts appear to have failed. I was hoping for something along the lines of The Big Ticket or Black Mamba or The Glove. Maybe Spencer T. will come up with something good spur the moment on air a la Kevin Harlan with "The Big Ticket" for KG.

How about "Rodney" ..... Kind of simple, like "Michael" .. nothing else really needs to be said.

I wouldn't put Williams in the same class as Cher or Bono...................... yet.

Cher, Bono, Elvis, Credence Clearwater Revival, Rodney... Dr.Don all good company.

U guys are slow...

His nickname is LightningRod. They have already said it on BTN.

Yes, this. Glad the "Colt 45" nickname appears to have died as well ..

Colt 45 will never die off, just like AK 47. Thing is guys with nicknames either have to be good players or really bad (then its funny). Right now he isn't really deserving of a nickname but its soooooo easy that I have to keep doing it. I feel like nicknaming the whole roster

Al Nolen - 0 for 3
Westbrook - I like 'Larry'
Johnson - 'DJ' works
Sampson - RSIII works
Carter - ???
Devoe - ???
Hoff - I call him 'Hastlin Hoff' but that's just me
Bostick - Puffy
Mbakwe - It Wasn't Me
White - 5 Fingers McGee

I can't believe some people are "anti" nicknames. How are people this old able to use a computer?

I don't like any of the nicknames mentioned, it feels liek you are trying to hard.

Can't the student sections signmakers just make a sign that says "Williams' Arena"? nuff said

How about Afternoon Delight. As in sky rocket's in flight....

I still like my Black Jewish Jordan suggestion, but if nobody's going for that, how about Rodney "A Very Promising Young Player with Loads of Upside, But a Little Raw" Williams? Or, Rodney "J.R. Jr. J." Williams? Or the "Flying Baby", because he looks so young. I feel like I'm giving you people Gold, Pure Gold, and I'm not being appreciated. Or "The Thin End of the Wedge", because he's skinny (don't overthink these).

Tubby says that Rodney is very coachable and he always says " yes sir ". Soooo SIR RODNEY!

Colt 45 will never die off, just like AK 47. Thing is guys with nicknames either have to be good players or really bad (then its funny). Right now he isn't really deserving of a nickname but its soooooo easy that I have to keep doing it. I feel like nicknaming the whole roster

Al Nolen - 0 for 3
Bostick - Puffy
Mbakwe - It Wasn't Me
White - 5 Fingers McGee

You wrong for these hahahaha

Badger Slayer

Anti-Badger-Vertical (as in has more vertical then the entire Badger starting five - cumulatively)

Better-then-Iowa (by himself)

This stuff soothes the football soul.

My efforts appear to have failed. I was hoping for something along the lines of The Big Ticket or Black Mamba or The Glove. Maybe Spencer T. will come up with something good spur the moment on air a la Kevin Harlan with "The Big Ticket" for KG.

kobe gave himself the nickname black mamba. it's stupid to give self a nickname(i.e. George "T-Bone" Costanza.) and it's a stupid nickname anyway.

I also pretty sure the players already have a nickname for him, just ask

I can't believe some people are "anti" nicknames. How are people this old able to use a computer?

Talking points

1. Age

2. " Anti " nicknames

3. Computer ability

I am sixty-eight years old.

I am not " anti " nicknames.
I am " anti" people who ridicule others based on age

I started working on computers at age eighteen when I was in the Navy.
Worked for NASA from 1965 to 1970 on the Gemini and Apollo Projects
From 1970 until retirement in 2001 I worked worldwide installing computer systems for
Sanders Data Systems, ITT, RCA, AT&T, Comten, NCR And Others.
Surely a computer user such as yourself knows some of those names.
So anytime you wish to discuss computer skills, feel free to contact me

Top Bottom