Rivals Names Henderson #1

GVBadger

Reaction score
Rivals just named Henderson the #1 prospect in the country.

Pretty damn impressive for a kid from St. Paul.

The amount of talent that a school the size of Cretin has produced over the years is unreal.

This is the official release of the "No. 1" prospect...

Rivals assigned twelve players with five stars, and then ranked them from 1 - 12. That thread dealt with individual analysts who ranked Henderson as the top prospect.

March 11th Rivals Article

Why are you so defensive? It's been rumored for over a year (maybe even two years) that Henderson could be the top prospect in this class.

The amount of talent that a school the size of Cretin has produced over the years is unreal.

gvbadger,

agree...it's quite impressive...

the only 'issue' i have with your comments?? not sure cretin shoud receive full credit for 'producing' all of this 'talent'...as seantrel 're-located' from mineapolis to st. paul after 8th grade...as part of the j.d. pride 'package' :cool02::cool02::cool02:

minneapolis ought to get at least a little of the credit for 'producing' seantrel...:cool02::cool02::cool02:

Gotta say, I find it just amazing that out all the kids across this country, from California to Florida, a kid from Minnesota is deemed to be the best prospect in the country. Hopefully that in and of itself gives us a bit of pride.

gvbadger,

agree...it's quite impressive...

the only 'issue' i have with your comments?? not sure cretin shoud receive full credit for 'producing' all of this 'talent'...as seantrel 're-located' from mineapolis to st. paul after 8th grade...as part of the j.d. pride 'package' :cool02::cool02::cool02:

minneapolis ought to get at least a little of the credit for 'producing' seantrel...:cool02::cool02::cool02:

Fair point, to some extent CDH doesn't produce any of the athletes because it has no geographic borders. The students choose to attend CDH and it has one of the best coaching staffs in the state of Minnesota which helps develop the talent that is already present.

More surprising is that CDH continues to succeed with a head coach that looks more like Wavy Gravy than he does Tom Landry.

Has he said anything about when he will committ? I assume it will be at one of the All-america games. Imagine this and the good press,boost, happiness, and increased rose bowl chances it would Give Gopher Nation if at one of the AA games:

"And now Seantrel Henderson, The number one overall recruit in the nation, selects from USC, OSU, ND, and Minnesota. And He grabs the USC hat, thinks, puts it down and grabs the Gopher hat and says "I'm staying home I love Minnesota."

I can dream right??

I think he said signing day, but remember, these young men change their minds quite frequently. It may or may not be earlier/later.

gvbadger,

Cretin deserves all of the credit this time. If he wasn't a Cretin player, there is no chance he is the #1 recruit, 5-star player, all-american, etc...

Cretin put him in a spot to succeed, bottom line. I'm pretty sure there are big kids all over the state who aren't 5 star talent. The truth is, if they had gone to Cretin, they'd probably be closer...

I would like to note that I have no affiliation with CDH. I've just been around long enough to see where the best football players come from. No need to even make a list.

Cretin deserves all of the credit this time. If he wasn't a Cretin player, there is no chance he is the #1 recruit, 5-star player, all-american, etc...

Cretin put him in a spot to succeed, bottom line. I'm pretty sure there are big kids all over the state who aren't 5 star talent. The truth is, if they had gone to Cretin, they'd probably be closer...

I would like to note that I have no affiliation with CDH. I've just been around long enough to see where the best football players come from. No need to even make a list.

I was thinking maybe his Mom & Dad deserved some of the credit.;)

Agree GVBadger. Except for the fact that this wasn't exactly a surprise. I think a lot folks expected Henderson to be #1, or at least in the top five somewhere.

You just don't see the type of speed and athleticism he has out of a guy his size. Needless to say, his recruitment is going to be an absolute circus. But, I have a feeling the Gophers will be in there til the bitter end. Hopefully, that ending would end up bitter at all!!!:p

But in all seriousness, Cretin has produced tons of Division I talent over the years. And it doesn't appear that trend is going to change anytime soon with the advent of open enrollment currently favored by the MSHSL.

If he goes to USC, OSU, ND etc. and is successful he will just be another in a long line, if he becomes a gopher he has a chance to be one of the stars and looked up to as a in-stater that stayed home. With the scouting and coaching he will get here, he has just as good a chance to go to the NFL as any other school. And if they do turn the corner he can thump his chest. If he goes to one of the others and they don't win big he will be known as part of a flop.

If he goes to USC, OSU, ND etc. and is successful he will just be another in a long line, if he becomes a gopher he has a chance to be one of the stars and looked up to as a in-stater that stayed home. With the scouting and coaching he will get here, he has just as good a chance to go to the NFL as any other school. And if they do turn the corner he can thump his chest. If he goes to one of the others and they don't win big he will be known as part of a flop.
That's the way Brewster has to sell it to him. Stay home and be the linchpin in the return of Gopher prominence and you'll be a hero for the rest of your life, they'll build a statue of you outside that shiny new stadium.

Rivals assigned twelve players with five stars, and then ranked them from 1 - 12. That thread dealt with individual analysts who ranked Henderson as the top prospect.

March 11th Rivals Article

Why are you so defensive? It's been rumored for over a year (maybe even two years) that Henderson could be the top prospect in this class.

The #3 guy, Darius White, WR from Texas, has Minnesota listed as one of his top schools. If we're going to get Henderson, we might as well get this guy too, right? ;)

The #3 guy, Darius White, WR from Texas, has Minnesota listed as one of his top schools. If we're going to get Henderson, we might as well get this guy too, right? ;)

Shows how much we all know. Haven't heard anything about White, probably because the chances of us getting him are like spitting into a gael force wind. Anyhow, I guess its nice to be listed anyway....:eek:

Shows how much we all know. Haven't heard anything about White, probably because the chances of us getting him are like spitting into a gael force wind. Anyhow, I guess its nice to be listed anyway....:eek:

Yeah, there's like 20 other teams listed on there.

I think he said signing day, but remember, these young men change their minds quite frequently. It may or may not be earlier/later.

I think it is easier for a recruit to say I am going to wait until signing day to announce and then actually announce when they are ready. If he where to say he was going to announce before the start of his FB season schools teams would be pressing him hard for the next 6 months and if he delayed his decision it would be hounding him all FB season with people questioning when he is going to decide.

I have a feeling (no insider knowledge) he will end the recruitment process before the summer is out.

I just clicked through the lists of schools for the Rivals100 players and Minnesota was only listed with 3 players. WTF??

I think you can look to floyd as the example of when you'll see a committment. It will be late. National exposure is good for a top kid, and a private school. Falling off the radar and losing his #1 recruit status can hurt his future NFL draft. maintaining the #1 and performing in college will assure a first round draft. he won't risk that by picking early. The hype is good for everybody, even the UofM, even if he chooses another school. It just is a bit nerve racking.

I think we got a shot at the #3 kid if we offered and they listed it, even though there were like 20. Usually schools offer a kid if they are going to recruit them and think they have a shot otherwise they're obviously wasting time and money. If you offered all the top recruits, then every top recruit would have at least 50 offers. Brewster knows who we have a chance at getting and that's who he offers and fights for, we aren't like florida and usc that can throw a scholly at a kid, text him once in a while, and have the name recognition and program to get a committ.

I'm not sure if you actually believe this but there aren't many kids with his height/weight that have that good of foot-eye coordination in the entire country. His line coach at Cretin has a lot to do with how good his technique is but on pure athleticism he would still be a 4-star recruit (there are only 12 5-stars at the present time) because guys like that are so hard to find.

I just clicked through the lists of schools for the Rivals100 players and Minnesota was only listed with 3 players. WTF??

We've offered more but they don't necessarily have every offer listed. If there is genuine interest on both sides they'll eventually update it. Off the top of my head I can name more than that: Seantrel Henderson, Darius White WR from Texas, Prater the WR from Illinois, Corey Nelson LB from Dallas Skyline and there are more than that.

Every coach after Warmath has used the "you'll be a hero when we turn the program around". I'd assume the vast majority of Minnesota kids that left here didn't regret their decision and have ZERO problem with being just another in a long line.

Using your logic any Minnesota recruit in the past 40 years would have to be considered a part of a flop because they never returned the program to national prominence.

Was Mauer the number one overall recruit? I can't remember but Henderson is going to be something else in college.

Mauer was the national player of the year but he was before rivals and scout did rankings.

Seantrell is pretty laid back and isn't really into all the recruiting hype so don't expect alot of crazy quotes from him, he pretty much gives everybody the same answers. So far it doesn't sound like any of this has gone to his head and this summer he would rather spend most of his time playing basketball with Howard Pulley than go to football camps. He will be a hard one to read but he may suprise everyone and commit at any time. really wouldn't be suprised if it happenned next week but also I could see it going to signing day.

Using your logic any Minnesota recruit in the past 40 years would have to be considered a part of a flop because they never returned the program to national prominence.

Huh? That's not what he's saying at all. Being a part of a championship at USC/Texas/Florida et. al., while important to the players and their fan bases, is not as big of a deal to them as it would be to us, because it has become a regular occurrence. But winning a Big Ten title, let alone a national title, would cause pandemonium in the streets. Henderson (or any other nationally sought recruit from Minnesota) would benefit even more from such an event, because they would be lauded for staying and helping the local school return to prominence, as opposed to making the expected move of going to a school with more recent success.

Someone on his level would basically be receiving a signed, blank check in the metro area for the rest of their life if they helped win a Big Ten title.

Top Bottom