Richmond game thoughts....

I have to admit Mav has done better so far this yr than I expected. Still can't finish around the rim, but his three pt shot has been good and looks smooth. Bottom line; we still only have one pg.

That is why Tyus has to be looking closely.

I think we need to put the brakes on the idea that the Gophers are a deep team, until some guys in that second group start to play significantly better basketball. One of the major positives I took out of the Richmond game was the fact that Tubby played a much tighter rotation in the second half and the guys who we need on the floor were out there.[/QUOTE]

Great Point EG. The discrepancy between the first and second team has not been more glaring than in the Richmond game. I think that Rodney, Trevor, Austin, and Andre have really improved to make the differential most obvious. I hope the others have not regressed and I also hope that we see a tighter rotation throughout the year. Tubby played the guys that needed to be played in the second half of the Richmond game for the most part, thus we still ended with a 15 point win. Rodney deserves some major credit too. It looks like he worked hard on his game and his body in the off season...He looks the part of a leader.

Go Gophs.

Just thought I'd remind you yet again how much better Mav is than Welch.

Calm down on the Mav talk. He could barely bring the ball across the half court line for the first 5 minutes he was in the game. He made some shots today, but is a very shaky and average point guard at best.

Calm down on the Mav talk. He could barely bring the ball across the half court line for the first 5 minutes he was in the game. He made some shots today, but is a very shaky and average point guard at best.

Which would be significantly better than half this board gives him credit for

So if Mav is average then that makes Welch the equivalent to a high school freshman?

Top Bottom