Reusse should tweet

I asked him to admit the Gophers are the real deal and this was his response:

Didn't see a minute. I serve 2 masters and one said, "Go to Hamline & write a column.'' At these prices, I don't say no. @NadineBabu

Ruesse is pretty high on the gopher ball team. His tweets during the Northwestern game don't reflect his actual views of the team. He thinks we are the real deal.

I asked him to admit the Gophers are the real deal and this was his response:

He has enough income to afford a DVR. Ask him again tomorrow, if he still hasn't watched it that would exemplify his seeming laziness.

Ruesse is pretty high on the gopher ball team. His tweets during the Northwestern game don't reflect his actual views of the team. He thinks we are the real deal.

That's nice. But his negativity on the air and on print contributes to the negativity in the atmosphere that pervades the U football and basketball teams. Perhaps if he actually likes this team, he can use the actual writing talent he sometimes chooses to display to say something nice for once. Or not.

That's nice. But his negativity on the air and on print contributes to the negativity in the atmosphere that pervades the U football and basketball teams. Perhaps if he actually likes this team, he can use the actual writing talent he sometimes chooses to display to say something nice for once. Or not.

He wrote a column last week talking about how we should go for the title this year.

I'm just curious if Illinois fans are allowed to cheer during their next game.

Why do we spend anytime...much less the large amount of time...on this board talking about that jackwagon?

I'd prefer he stay away from making "jokes" that involve false statements about high school kids.

I'd prefer he stay away from making "jokes" that involve false statements about high school kids.

Does it really matter what Pat writes about T. Jones? This kid probably is with 90 percent probability not going to Minnesota and the sooner we all stop investing anything more into this Michael Floyd situation the happier we will all be.
R
All this outrage about anything Pat does is comical. Pat is a good writer and become very good on 1500, and for all you Gopher homers, it is time to just get over it.

Pat is not a PR organ for Norwood Teague and is not the job of Patrick to kiss the ass of you all you 70 year old gopher fans, so pull your heads out, grab a wet towel and wipe off the brown rings around your necks.

Maybe you should be more outraged ny the North Carolina debacle and the fact that Norwood traded an ESPN game at Chapel Hill, with good airline connections for a trip to New Mexico with no TV and an absurd airfare price.

All this outrage about anything Pat does is comical. Pat is a good writer and become very good on 1500, and for all you Gopher homers, it is time to just get over it.

Well, you've certainly convinced me. Long live Patrick Reusse. A good writer and very good on 1500. Good for him.

(Incidentally, this highly convincing take was made with more research than Mr. Reusse usually does these days)

Does it really matter what Pat writes about T. Jones? This kid probably is with 90 percent probability not going to Minnesota and the sooner we all stop investing anything more into this Michael Floyd situation the happier we will all be.
R

Pat is not a PR organ for Norwood Teague and is not the job of Patrick to kiss the ass of you all you 70 year old gopher fans, so pull your heads out, grab a wet towel and wipe off the brown rings around your necks.

Maybe you should be more outraged ny the North Carolina debacle and the fact that Norwood traded an ESPN game at Chapel Hill, with good airline connections for a trip to New Mexico with no TV and an absurd airfare price.

1. Yes it matters.

2. 90% eh? I'd love to hear how you came up with that.

3. Pat isn't a PR organ, but what he says matters to MN sports. People often get info on the team if they are not Gopherholers or serious fans from sport beat writers, and negative attitudes about the team can be engendered in others from these writers.

3. What the hell is with the 70 year old comment? Most of us on here are young, and Reusse himself is a 70 y/o Gopher fan. Are you just trolling here?

4. The last part is upsetting but is irrelevant to the thread.

No one is asking Pat to be a PR organ for the Gophers. We are wondering why he seems to choose to be so negative. He goes overboard with his negativity, like others have suggested, like he's scared to death that someone might accuse him of being a Homer, so its like he's trying to be extra negative towards to Gophers so as to make sure no one EVER accuses him of such as thing.

And for your information, I am not 70 years old, nor am I 60, nor am I 50, and it shouldn't matter if I was, what does age have to do with anything? I don't appreciate your insulting tone or your apparent agism. Just to let you know, my father is 80 years old, and I wouldn't doubt if he could still whoop your condescending arse. But I'll be nice and won't tell him how you insult people of his age who are Gopher fans. So you are safe.

I wouldn't know if Pat was a good writer or not, I don't read his columns, nor do I listen to him. I don't like him, and use my American right to freedom of choice and choose not to support him in anyway anymore. I've read enough and heard enough in the past to turn me off completely. Being a good writer doesn't make a person a good person. And Pat comes across to me as a condescending jerk, kind of like how you have come across. And the way your post is written, reminds me of Pat's way of saying things. Maybe it is you who has their head up Pat's ass?!

Btw, unlike fb, where Minnesota is a hard place to recruit to, historically it has been a very easy place to recruit bb players to. At least before 99. Minnesota has put more former players into the NBA than 90% of the schools out there, if not more. I think they rank in the Top 10 in the nation in the # of former players they've put into the NBA. And with smaller teams in bb, 1 great player going to a school can make a huge impact. Two great players can make an incredible impact. So I think saying its a 90% chance he's not coming here is a little pessimistic. I'm thinking its more like 75/25 and if we keep on winning, it will shift to 60/40. Well worth continued investment.

It's completely and utterly irrelevant to this thread, but people need to stop espousing this asinine notion that the NMSU game won't be on TV. EVERY GAME in the last 7 years has been on TV, including all of the I-AA games. I think they'll somehow figure out a way to get this one on as well. Now if only they could figure out that pesky "marching band down University" situation...

May I suggest you follow your own advice. Get over it.

Top Bottom