Reusse said that Dorsey was a long shot to return before video-tweet-gate

Speaking of rightousness.

What a hack, I hate myself for reading that. I wonder what Pitino did to him to make him hate the program so much.

I caught most of the Pitino show on espn1500.

Coach said most of the media understand he can't legally comment on the situation...BUT some can't understand it. Sounded like a direct shot at Pat.

Reusse had tweeted earlier in the day that; if the University wasn't going to give them the info, they were just going to run with what they had.

I caught most of the Pitino show on espn1500.

Coach said most of the media understand he can't legally comment on the situation...BUT some can't understand it. Sounded like a direct shot at Pat.

Reusse had tweeted earlier in the day that; if the University wasn't going to give them the info, they were just going to run with what they had.

Reminds me of Judd and PMac getting all upset at Teague for not providing daily updates of who they talked to and where they are in the interview process for Tubby's replacement. Judd then surmised that things must not be going well in the coaching search.

Go Gophers!!

Speaking of rightousness.

What a hack, I hate myself for reading that. I wonder what Pitino did to him to make him hate the program so much.

I'm not sure about hoops but Reusse once admitted he hates the football program because they disappointed/hurt him as a kid due to some losses he will never forgive them for.

The bitter portly old man sure has a hate for all that is Gopher. To try to make yourself a prognosticator by mumbling loudly near the pride of the Gopherhole some inane take, shows how utterly pitiful he has become. lol What a joke the Fulda Rash is.

Reminds me of Judd and PMac getting all upset at Teague for not providing daily updates of who they talked to and where they are in the interview process for Tubby's replacement. Judd then surmised that things must not be going well in the coaching search.

Go Gophers!!

Haha my blood is boiling just thinking about that whole episode and how annoyed I was at Judd when he kept pissing and moaning about Norwood not giving an update. I believe Phil asked him what that would accomplish and Judd's only response was "it will just let the fans know that everything is going ok!". Such a hack.

The bitter portly old man sure has a hate for all that is Gopher. To try to make yourself a prognosticator by mumbling loudly near the pride of the Gopherhole some inane take, shows how utterly pitiful he has become. lol What a joke the Fulda Rash is.

Go Slayton. Keep the goat forever!

Go Gophers!!

Yeah I remember that. I believe it was also Judd that said he understands that NT want to keep it under radar, but when these rumors come out he(Teague) needs to address them. Think about that Judd.

Honestly, this doesn't seem worth getting upset about. It must be very hard to play second fiddle all these years to an elderly man who can't speak or write.

Don't really understand all the hate directed as Reusse over this? You ought to be mad at Dorsey.

Why dislike a guy who openly wants the Gophers to lose? Makes fun of the coach, fans, the Big Ten and has no trouble going self righteous on 18 year old kids. He is a jerk and a told you so tweet about Dorsey is par for the course. He has been at it for years. My favorite Reusse take. Why would they recruit Vince Greer when they had the same player in Stan Gaines. What the heck is Monson doing. Now Beth Goetz has become another target for him. He is a disrespectful boob. I guess that's his talent in this world ripping people a much less noble profession than prostitution.

Honestly, this doesn't seem worth getting upset about. It must be very hard to play second fiddle all these years to an elderly man who can't speak or write.

Don't know about the year but quote of the month worthy.

Genius, and true. Reusse is the most irritating member of the local news media. Souhan is worse, but he's also just clearly not an intelligent person, so he doesn't know how to be anybody else than a petty, disrespectful Rick Reilly clone. Judd and PMac and all the KFAN boys just don't know anything, and being negative about the U makes them money by getting them clicks, and they don't have the talent to do different. Powers and Sansevere are the same, just penny ante old-school newspaper hacks without talent. And of course, they all live in deathly fear of becoming Sid. However, Reusse is talented. And he chooses this. He chooses to be lazy, and hack, and delight in annoying the sports fans who pay for his daily crust, because of his deep and abiding disdain for them. It's sad.

KFAN has been awfully quiet about this. Maybe they posted the videos. Hmmmmm......

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

An early candidate for Post of the Year!

Nicely done, Moon!!

What a laughable thread this is. For every moronic anti-Reusse rant you guys offer there are a thousand Minnesotans who consider Reusse columns a must read. Being occasionally irreverent and critical does not make one a "hack." The guy can write his ass off. He's got tremendous historical recall and there is nobody in the local sports media who has ever written as many columns that made me rethink my stance on a particular subject matter.

But in this column he writes Dorsey was a long shot to come back before this incident ever happened. Why? Because I thought so my self earlier. In fact I have proof that I said so just ask Gooher Lady. Nothing else to back it up. His headline makes it sound like there was actually some source stating this as a fact. There wasn't.

That would be like stating: Reuse is likely to continue to write some very lazy articles this spring even before this joke of an article. In fact I just told a co worker this same thing last week.

What a laughable thread this is. For every moronic anti-Reusse rant you guys offer there are a thousand Minnesotans who consider Reusse columns a must read. Being occasionally irreverent and critical does not make one a "hack." The guy can write his ass off. He's got tremendous historical recall and there is nobody in the local sports media who has ever written as many columns that made me rethink my stance on a particular subject matter.

What a laughable post. I take it you didn't read the garbage column you are apparently defending.

makes sense to me

Without intending to, I think you have kind of touched on what makes people so critical. Reusse is talented. He is easily the best sports writer in the Twin Cities when he wants to be. However, a huge amount of the time he just mails it in. He is lazy. He wrote that dispatch in 10 minutes, Instead of analysis, he has moved on to "predictions" (Dorsey gone, Kill will coach). No harm, no foul if he is wrong and no research needed. Like all those who make predictions, he will remind us when he is right and conveniently ignore it when he is wrong.

Too bad because Reusse could have been special but in reality, he has become satisfied with being better than Souhan.

He's pathetic, The majority of his supporting reader base are the occasional sports fan that don't provide the financial support to Gopher athletics and get whipped up into a fever by his hateful claptrap and then these individuals want their vote on the future of Gopher sports counted to the same degree as the real fan. He's just amother slimball that makes a living peddling hate.

He's pathetic, The majority of his supporting reader base are the occasional sports fan that don't provide the financial support to Gopher athletics and get whipped up into a fever by his hateful claptrap and then these individuals want their vote on the future of Gopher sports counted to the same degree as the real fan. He's just amother slimball that makes a living peddling hate.

The whole point of an opinion columnist is to generate discussion. The more people react to a column, the better the writer has done his job.
It's a free country. Pat Reusse has every right to express his opinion, and you have every right to disagree. But, just because you don't agree with him - that does NOT mean Reusse is a "hack." He is a good writer. You don't like him. Both of those statements can be true at the same time.

There are a lot of conservative columnists who are good writers. I don't agree with them, but I acknowledge they are good at what they do.

You do realize that every time someone comes on here complaining about Reusse, you're making his day.

KFAN has been awfully quiet about this. Maybe they posted the videos. Hmmmmm......

Really? Yesterday Common and Rosie addressed it. Barrerio kicked off his program with it and gave it at least 10 minutes. The morning show talked about it with Rosie this morning...

Maybe you just haven't been listening.

Really? Yesterday Common and Rosie addressed it. Barrerio kicked off his program with it and gave it at least 10 minutes. The morning show talked about it with Rosie this morning...

Maybe you just haven't been listening.
Evidently not. Curse them for spoiling a perfectly good comedic conspiracy.

Top Bottom