Reusse rips Gopher Hole - what a shock!

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
I was listening to a little bit of Reusse's show on Monday. He was talking about how, at the end of the game, most of the fans left in the stands were from Nebraska. One of his comments was (paraphrasing) "there were more Gopher players singing the alma mater then there were Gopher fans in the stands." He said there weren't two dozen gopher fans left at the end of the game - "they all left!"

Then, he went on this Gopher Hole rant. Started talking about how the people on Gopher Hole claim they always stay for the entire game. (rough quote) "no matter what they tell each other on their web sites, they all left - the frauds." One of the other hosts asked what he was talking about, and Reusse said, "they all claim they're the last man club - that they never leave early." The co-host asked, who is that?, and Reusse said, "the hard-core fans on Gopher Hole."

(If I was more adept on the computer, I could probably come up with a link, but I'm a clutz with technology). He made a couple of other disparaging remarks about Gopher Hole and gopher fans.

I don't know if he truly dislikes the Gopher FB program, but I do believe that he is happier when the Gophers are having a bad year, because then he can be cynical, negative and sarcastic - which seems to be his preferred approach. The sad thing is that the Gophers are giving him all the material he needs.

He's as much admitted it that he likes in when he can be negative, sarcastic, yada yada rather than have to be positive.
He's a real tool, yet easier to listen to than The Comman Man on kfan.

His voice, which sounds like a pack of Winstons were crammed down his throat, is hard on the ears.

He loves the negative feed back. He looks at this board and cracks up going through threads ripping him or his columns.

Eh, I stopped caring about him years ago and I recommend everyone else does too. The nice part about obnoxious media personalities is that if nobody pays attention to them they have a habit of disappearing.

Isn't it time the old man retire? He's fast approaching Sid territory.

Well since he reads here. A big FU for you fat man. Hope you choke on a pizza.

I stayed until the end, plenty of fans did too, I'd love to see how loyal twins fans(reusse's favorite squad) would be after the years the gophers have been through.

I'd love to just ignore his stupid and uninformed opinions, but he's basically a message board troll with a radio show, and as such I won't hesitate to set the record straight when I feel like it.

I seriously don't get the media in this town, they literally go out of their way to prove they are "not fans", "not homers", "unbiased professionals" etc
Plenty of great media writers/reporters around the country allow themselves to get caught up in positivity, and are willing to admit they are loyal to certain teams.

I sat behind a player's family this past game, very classy bunch, loud, proud, but you could see the frustration with alot of things, it made me realize college is really closer to a high school game as far as loyalties, the players, the atmosphere, to treat it as a professional game EVEN with a full ride as payment is incorrect. At the end of the game the players go meet with their parents and loved ones, probably get a bite to eat with them, and go back to a college apartment to get some sleep/study homework/hang with freinds.

Slobs like reusse are just sad, i can only hope he lives long enough to see a big gopher victory and have to choke some polite and positive words out of that fat pie hole and eat as much crow as he can swallow(alot.)

My group stayed till the end and sang the rouser. Like we do every game, suck it reusse.

I think it's just the someone like him doesn't understand die hard fans. I don't blame anyone for leaving blowouts early, but most of us are borderline obsessed with Gopher football. I've spent a lot of time on here talking about backup Gopher players, so when they actually get a chance to play, i'm giddy.

He's clueless. Yeah, we are going to spend a year yapping about the team in our free time (including all the backups), going to spring ball, going to practices, and then dip out early because the game is blowout.

Reusse needs to think of Gopher football to us like he thinks of all you can eat buffets. Even when it's terrible, we can't get enough of it.

he has admitted on the radio before that he says many negative things toward the gopher fans just to get a rise out of them. He simply pokes the fire much like many of the other columnist in town the only thing is that Reusse admits to doing it. The columnist in this town have created a pretty nice niche for themselves by beating up on the negatives of the sports teams. Just wonder whats going to be left when the vikings leave town. My quess is that there will be more than a few jobs lost in the sports media buzz.

How many people post on here? Hundreds? The number that stay for the whole game every game is a mere fraction of that. I post on here all the time, yet I've never once claimed that I stay for every play of every game. In fact, I frequently leave early. As the Gophers continue to spiral downward, old 12-step is trying once again to fill air and column space. He's out of witty new ways to rip the team, so now he's gone and exposed the ever-dwindling fanbase as a bunch of liars and frauds.

Negativity sells.
If the program were on the uptick the media would be selling the positivity and excitement. Look at Vikings coverage after the Packers game vs. after the Bears game, they have something to sell now other than the negativity.

Was he wrong? I heard other people say as much. Maybe people are mad because he called GH by name, but it sounds like a lot of Gopher fans left the game early, while the other ones had already sold their tickets to Nebraska fans.

I was listening to a little bit of Reusse's show on Monday. He was talking about how, at the end of the game, most of the fans left in the stands were from Nebraska. One of his comments was (paraphrasing) "there were more Gopher players singing the alma mater then there were Gopher fans in the stands." He said there weren't two dozen gopher fans left at the end of the game - "they all left!"

Then, he went on this Gopher Hole rant. Started talking about how the people on Gopher Hole claim they always stay for the entire game. (rough quote) "no matter what they tell each other on their web sites, they all left - the frauds." One of the other hosts asked what he was talking about, and Reusse said, "they all claim they're the last man club - that they never leave early." The co-host asked, who is that?, and Reusse said, "the hard-core fans on Gopher Hole."

(If I was more adept on the computer, I could probably come up with a link, but I'm a clutz with technology). He made a couple of other disparaging remarks about Gopher Hole and gopher fans.

I don't know if he truly dislikes the Gopher FB program, but I do believe that he is happier when the Gophers are having a bad year, because then he can be cynical, negative and sarcastic - which seems to be his preferred approach. The sad thing is that the Gophers are giving him all the material he needs.

PR hates football in general and the Gophers in particular. I have heard him say it more than once. He would like nothing more than the Vikes leave town and the Gophers drop football like the University of Chicago.

I was really hoping the Twins would leave a few years ago (and I like baseball) just so PR would leave as well. Reusse has been a negative influence on not just Gopher football but on the entire Twin Cities.

When we were at the dome I had to walk by the press box to get to my seat. Whenever Reusse would attend a game I would give him the one finger salute as I went by - never seemed to keep him away from games however.

if everyone one this board dislikes him so much why is pretty much everything he says or writes ends up on this board?

he is getting everything he wants out of it. a reaction from people on this board which he just sits back and laughs about.

and this complete disdain for the media in this town is too funny. just comes off as whining. why does the media have to be homers anyway?

How many on here actually tout being in the "last man club"? If there's more than a 100 here who have said it, couldn't be much more. 100, even 200 people on a website, when compared to a 50,000 seat stadium...yeah, it's gonna look empty. And yes, Nebraska repped well, no surprise there.

Of course most fans left, but I don't think that means any GH'ers who claim to be "hardcore" fans left, since I don't think that number was that huge in the first place.

Well since he reads here. A big FU for you fat man. Hope you choke on a pizza.

I stayed until the end, plenty of fans did too, I'd love to see how loyal twins fans(reusse's favorite squad) would be after the years the gophers have been through.

Plenty of great media writers/reporters around the country allow themselves to get caught up in positivity, and are willing to admit they are loyal to certain teams.

)

Ole: Your age is showing.:)

Many years in the 70s' 80's and 90's the Twins had crowds that looked like the TCF Student Section a half-hour before game time.:eek: In the 70's and 80's in particular, the Gophers crowds against a Louisiana Directional school would have been a pretty big crowd for the Twins on many, many occasions.

I was there to sing Hail Minnesota at the end.
If Pat wants to call me a fraud, he can do so to my face. I would like the opportunity to tell him what I think about him.

The twinkies had a pretty darn MISERABLE year this year. They were incredibly pathetic. They will have many more extremely pathetic years going into the future. Joe Mauer fleeced those pohlad boys pretty badly. He calls in sick ALL the time.

It's also fun realizing that the vikings season is ALL over. That is one pretty miserable nfl team...and the nfl rewards the losers.

The t-pukers will suck as usual.

And, that nhl hockey thing will not be too wild again this year.

It is time to go to war with the pro teams...and the media members who are bought and paid for by the pro teams.

The ancient sports media people, of which reusse claims to be a member will start losing a few members as one by one age catches them. Just as aging Gopher Fans (of which I am a member) will also have health concerns and issues. "Mother Earth will swallow us all, eventually..." One good goal for this old ancient Gopher Fan vs. the ancient professional ball club owned sports media people will be the goal to survive a few days longer than the enemy (and, the professional ball club owned sports media people ARE the enemy)you know...the reusee types of the sports media world... so that this old Gopher Fan can post at least one more time after reusse's on his nose to contrast that cheap shotter's last blast at the Gophs.

You're going down reusse: I Just may get the last contrast to your cheap-shots in yet!
And, if I don't: I'll just tell you in advance that you really did get under the skin of a lot of the mobbers and bashers and assorted young punks around here... but, THAT isn't too hard to do...in fact, it's pretty easy. When the going gets tough...they are usually long gone...

At least the fulda bad guy has always been the fulda bad guy. He has always been consistantly the fulda bad guy. Someone you can count on. But, he HAS been around far too long. Half a century of fulda bad...the very worst fulda could give is just too much...

; 0 )

I'm not at all a Reusse fan but I have to agree with him. As I have said on this board before I'm a season ticket holder and stay till the end. By the 3rd quarter of just about every game 50% of the students are already gone. Last week it was 75%. What he said was the truth.

I'm not at all a Reusse fan but I have to agree with him. As I have said on this board before I'm a season ticket holdert and stay till the end. By the 3rd quarter of just about every game 50% of the students are already gone. Last week it was 75%. What he said was the truth.

Actually, it wasn't. He made some sweeping generalizations that were completely false. Calling GHers frauds was one of them. Saying everyone of us, even the GHers, left the game early was another one.

People are pissed at "Resse's Peanut Butter cup" because he said Gopher fans left early. People are pissed at him for attempting to call out GHers.

I'm not mad at him at all for that though. The guy is a coward and wouldn't dare show his face in a Gopher crowd.

Who are you talking about?

At least the fulda bad guy has always been the fulda bad guy. He has always been consistantly the fulda bad guy. Someone you can count on. But, he HAS been around far too long. Half a century of fulda bad...the very worst fulda could give is just too much...

LOL - When I first read this I thought you were talking about yourself. Are you trying to recreate yourself as "imthewalrus the sage" from "imthewalrus the idiot"? The truth is that both you and fulda are always seeking attention which makes the two of you quite boring.

I'm not at all a Reusse fan but I have to agree with him. As I have said on this board before I'm a season ticket holder and stay till the end. By the 3rd quarter of just about every game 50% of the students are already gone. Last week it was 75%. What he said was the truth.

Here's the problem. He's not talking about fans in general leaving early, no one is disputing that. He claims that because fans in general left early, that Gopherholers left early. You can't make that conclusion at all. It's called the falacy of division, a fallacy of assuming that what is true of the group is true is true of a subset of that group. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_division

His argument is:

Most Gopher fans left early.
Gopherholers are Gopher fans.
Therefore, Gopherholers left early.

He has nothing to base this on. Did he survey anyone? Not everyone left early, perhaps the diehards who stayed to the end were Gopherholers.

Here's the problem. He's not talking about fans in general leaving early, no one is disputing that. He claims that because fans in general left early, that Gopherholers left early. You can't make that conclusion at all. It's called the falacy of division, a fallacy of assuming that what is true of the group is true is true of a subset of that group. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_division

His argument is:

Most Gopher fans left early.
Gopherholers are Gopher fans.
Therefore, Gopherholers left early.

He has nothing to base this on. Did he survey anyone? Not everyone left early, perhaps the diehards who stayed to the end were Gopherholers.

+1. Good Argument. I hate that fat piece of trash who calls himself Reusse.

I can't believe Reusse and yourself keep missing the point.

We all concede that a ton of Gopher fans leave games early. You couldn't go to a Gopher game and NOT notice that. If Reusse had ripped Gopher fans, in general, for leaving early, we would all have agreed with him. It's stating the obvious of course, but Fat Pat would have gotten that right.

However, here is the jump that he (and you) are missing. Just because a large section of the Gopher fans in general leave games early doesn't mean that anyone who says they stay till the end is lying.

I actually can't remember a thread where people talked about staying until the end. I can tell the posters who do because of how they talk about plays that happened at the end of the game, but I never really considered that to be a badge of honor on this website.

I will say this, the few thousands of Gopher fans who stick around to the end would probably have to be the die hards right? We can all agree to that? Die hards would probably be more likely to post on internet message boards about the team? Probably be more likely to follow the team in the middle of January? Probably be more likely to attend the "Spring Game"? Right?

Well guess what...that group of people, also make up a decent percentage of Gopherhole.

Fat Pat and your logic is, well, illogical.

I can't believe Reusse and yourself keep missing the point.

We all concede that a ton of Gopher fans leave games early. You couldn't go to a Gopher game and NOT notice that. If Reusse had ripped Gopher fans, in general, for leaving early, we would all have agreed with him. It's stating the obvious of course, but Fat Pat would have gotten that right.

However, here is the jump that he (and you) are missing. Just because a large section of the Gopher fans in general leave games early doesn't mean that anyone who says they stay till the end is lying.

I actually can't remember a thread where people talked about staying until the end. I can tell the posters who do because of how they talk about plays that happened at the end of the game, but I never really considered that to be a badge of honor on this website.

I will say this, the few thousands of Gopher fans who stick around to the end would probably have to be the die hards right? We can all agree to that? Die hards would probably be more likely to post on internet message boards about the team? Probably be more likely to follow the team in the middle of January? Probably be more likely to attend the "Spring Game"? Right?

Well guess what...that group of people, also make up a decent percentage of Gopherhole.

Fat Pat and your logic is, well, illogical.

Chill. Didn’t know he specifically said GHers. I just notice it most in the student section which always bails out early even during the good games. (Iowa last year)

If he was talking about just GHers he can “suck it”.

How come PR never says the same thing about the Vikes when the dome is half empty mid-way through the 4th quarter? If that Bears blowout would have been at the dome the place would have been empty by the end. It happens everywhere.

This was started by MNSnowman (I believe was his moniker) some time between 2006 and 2008 - if I recall correctly. It was called the "Bitter End Club." I was, and still am, a proud member.

Anyone know what became of the Snowman?

His new moniker could possibly be killjoy? I think he got into an accident "tailgating" and following other posters too closely... He was a board moderator here for some reason and he also posted. In the wintertime, he seemed to like yellow snow...

; 0 )

Top Bottom