Reusse admits he does not care about Gopher football

Halsey Hall

Reaction score
He admitted on his radio show that he was aiming to attend Kill's press conference but he was late. He couldn't get into TCF and was waddling around trying to find an unlocked door. Then he realized it was at Bierman. He figured, what the heck, I'll just skip it. Too much work to go there.

Then Soucheray said how much he didn't like football. And the two of them generally said they really don't get excited about the sport. I think when Souch covered the Vikes they mistreated him and he hates football for it. Reusse has been poisoned by his buddy. They all mock Sid cuz he cares about the Gophs. Max is in on the anti Gopher mood, but he has to work with Kill so he tempers his views.

I am sick and tired of the attitude by all these so called sports experts. All we seem to hear about is Vikings training camp. I'm dying for Gopher news. I long for the days of the great Halsey Hall, Dick Enroth, Dick Cullum and others who respected the Gophers.

He admitted on his radio show that he was aiming to attend Kill's press conference but he was late. He couldn't get into TCF and was waddling around trying to find an unlocked door. Then he realized it was at Bierman. He figured, what the heck, I'll just skip it. Too much work to go there.

Then Soucheray said how much he didn't like football. And the two of them generally said they really don't get excited about the sport. I think when Souch covered the Vikes they mistreated him and he hates football for it. Reusse has been poisoned by his buddy. They all mock Sid cuz he cares about the Gophs. Max is in on the anti Gopher mood, but he has to work with Kill so he tempers his views.

I am sick and tired of the attitude by all these so called sports experts. All we seem to hear about is Vikings training camp. I'm dying for Gopher news. I long for the days of the great Halsey Hall, Dick Enroth, Dick Cullum and others who respected the Gophers.

Halsey: That red word is the key word. Pat and Joe just don't respect the Gopher football team, and that lack of respect festers into hating. I would prefer that they just pass on news about the Gophers without the festered pimples they produce.

The whole TC media scene could use some fresh blood. Even if you do hate the gophers like Reusse, everything is tired and negative. Very few do any footwork themselves anymore, all the beat writers write the same article on the same day. They cross reference notes, etc. It's all about the cheap headline and the quick hit format.
Christenson's Cedric Thompson article was about as in depth as it gets. He probably got crap from the rest of them for spending so much time writing about it.

"Reusse admits he does not care about Gopher football"

Well then, I'll admit that I don't care about Reusse. It was actually a good thing he was too lazy to find the press conference. I hope he stays far, far away from Gopher football.

Gopher Football.......Reusse...

"Reusse admits he does not care about Gopher football"

Well then, I'll admit that I don't care about Reusse. It was actually a good thing he was too lazy to find the press conference. I hope he stays far, far away from Gopher football.

I would like to nominate Samantha Ponder as the new Gopher football spokesperson! She is much better looking than Pat the cat!! Go Gophers!!!:clap:

I think there are some decent young folks covering Gopher sports now. How about Joe Christenson and Nate Sandell?

Halsey: That red word is the key word. Pat and Joe just don't respect the Gopher football team, and that lack of respect festers into hating. I would prefer that they just pass on news about the Gophers without the festered pimples they produce.

That's why you're a doctor

That's why you're a doctor

Well, remember that I am a retired proctologist, and I know "one" when I see one. :)

Being the antagonizer that I am, I prefer to lance a boil on a guy's ass than a simple pimple.

Something we've known about Reusse for quite some time. Here's what I wish, if the Gophers get Pasdena I hope they send that ink stained wretch out there for primary coverage.

Then just stay away Fat Pat! You would be happier (not that anyone here really cares) but the main thing is that a ton of Gopher fans would be ecstatic if you disappeared.

I hope that good ol Country Jer gets this message and ignores him.

I think there are some decent young folks covering Gopher sports now. How about Joe Christenson and Nate Sandell?

I think "young" key. I've mentioned this before, and I'm sure you all remember it ;), but I think as these guys get older the begin to resent the teams and athletes they're covering. I'm not saying I blame them; I think it's kind of natural.

Reusse, Barriero and Souhan seem to hate damn near every sport and everybody. But Nate Sandell, Phil Mackey, Tom Pelissaro and Justin Gaard (when he's not bound by Barriero) are a few younger guys who seem to enjoy what they do. They can be negative, but it's not mean-spirited like the old guys. It will be interesting to see what they become in 10 years.

We all know he loves the gophers, his negativity compensates for a brokenheart

Soucheray is a bigger drip than Ruesse is and that is saying a lot.

Seriously....does any Gopherholer actually listen to this Reusse fool on the radio? If so why??

That lack of respect festers into hating, and unfortunately that lack of respect by the media transfers straight down to those absorbing the media. It's like Talk Radio (and on print, internet & TV), just a different kind of propaganda meant to sway the masses.

Well, remember that I am a retired proctologist, and I know "one" when I see one. :)

Being the antagonizer that I am, I prefer to lance a boil on a guy's ass than a simple pimple.

Dr. Don, are you secretly the ASSMAN?

I live in Wisconsin, & I don't care about Pat one bit.
Gopherhole is where I get my info jones.
Thank god for the innerwebs, it does have it's virtues.

Seriously....does any Gopherholer actually listen to this Reusse fool on the radio? If so why??

I listen to Reusse because he is the most interesting local sports commentator by far. The rest of them bore me to tears. The fact that I disagree with a lot of what Reusse says is part of the fun. If there were no issues and disagreements about sports I wouldn't pay attention to them at all.

I listen to Reusse because he is the most interesting local sports commentator by far. The rest of them bore me to tears. The fact that I disagree with a lot of what Reusse says is part of the fun. If there were no issues and disagreements about sports I wouldn't pay attention to them at all.

Well said, however I think the bold part is a little hard for some people to comprehend. Similar to most of Parski's comments.:clap:

If he hates the Gophs, then he should lose his press access to the team.

If he hates the Gophs, then he should lose his press access to the team.

"Gophers Deny Access to Local Journalist for Writing Articles Critical of U". I think that article would generate a lot of hits.

We all know he loves the gophers, his negativity compensates for a brokenheart
Exactly, none of these people on GH know Reusse's true colors if they think he actually HATES Gopher football. Reusse has so much negativity because he has seen so many bad teams. Plain and simple.

Exactly, none of these people on GH know Reusse's true colors if they think he actually HATES Gopher football. Reusse has so much negativity because he has seen so many bad teams. Plain and simple.

Not a good reason for the hate.

File this declaration by Reusse under 'Stating the Obvious'. Reading his Gopher football related columns over the last decade is all you need to know, and we didn't need to hear it from in person.

Conversely though, I wish Souhan would come out and admit what a struggle it is for him to make any strong criticisms of the Twins. He just can't help but tell you that things are gonna get better, just you wait (yes, Jim, you're right, all those prospects will pan out, especially the pitchers).

Wish the Gophers were afforded even a modicum of that level of positivity.

Then just stay away Fat Pat! You would be happier (not that anyone here really cares) but the main thing is that a ton of Gopher fans would be ecstatic if you disappeared.

I hope that good ol Country Jer gets this message and ignores him.

Can we rise above childish name calling here?

We all realize that Patrick likes baseball more than football. Based on what you wrote, he didn't actually say that he "does not care about Gopher football".

Top Bottom