Report: Brew to get 5 yr contract

Not GopherHole. Footballcoachscoop.com.

I'm not sure what the existence of the GopherHole has to do with footballcoachscoop.com supposedly breaking the news that Chan Gailey was hired by the Cowboys.

My bad, I had the Cowboys on my mind. I meant to say the Bills of course. Honest mistake.

And from what well of successful coaching regimes do you suggest we draw this "Minnesota Man" and his staff? Its a great sentiment, but I don't think our coaching tree (via previous coaches or former U players) is strong enough to make this a workable reality.

I tend to agree that it would be a tough get, but one that I would consider trying. Ferentz wasn't an A-lister prior to Iowa. I am just sick of the revolving door with this staff. I would even consider a decent D2 or 1AA coach if it would spawn someone that would stay. Mason was always looking and I think Brewster is in the same boat if the program succeeds. I watched several coaches in both Basketball and Football have success that were derived from the lower college ranks. Look at Dick Bennett and Bo Ryan. Great D3 coaches in B ball. Look at Tressel. I agree though, All of our successful alums are either too old or not mature. It's a thought.

The best position coach or coordinator we had come through here in the past 15 years was David Gibbs. I'm not sure he would be the answer but he had as much coaching experience as Brewster.

I tend to agree that it would be a tough get, but one that I would consider trying. Ferentz wasn't an A-lister prior to Iowa. I am just sick of the revolving door with this staff. I would even consider a decent D2 or 1AA coach if it would spawn someone that would stay. Mason was always looking and I think Brewster is in the same boat if the program succeeds. I watched several coaches in both Basketball and Football have success that were derived from the lower college ranks. Look at Dick Bennett and Bo Ryan. Great D3 coaches in B ball. Look at Tressel. I agree though, All of our successful alums are either too old or not mature. It's a thought.

The best position coach or coordinator we had come through here in the past 15 years was David Gibbs. I'm not sure he would be the answer but he had as much coaching experience as Brewster.

My only question is what makes you think Brew would up and leave? I don't disagree perse...just interested in understanding where you're coming from.

That is because footballscoop.com doesn't post anything unsubstantiated. Footballcoachscoop.com does. They are not nearly as reliable.

Yeah, I know, that's why I thought it wierd that I had thought I had read footballscoop.com (rather than footballcoachscoop.com) and if that were the case (that it was on footballscoop) then it must be pretty solid.

However, footballscoop is wrong it's own share of the time as well; it just tends to have good "scoop".

This is just more money wasted by the U and despite Maturi's pledge of an extension we are seeing a record amount of decommittments.

Top Bottom