Report: B1G Tournament Will Move To Washington D.C.

Indy worked well for a lot of Big Ten schools within driving distance, but was kind of a bad deal for Minnesota and Nebraska. So I am surprised at all the negativity from Gopher fans about this. How many people actually *drive* from MSP to Indy? Frankly, DC should be a better location for Gopher fans -- it's probably cheaper and easier to fly from MSP to one of the 3 DC area airports, maybe 1/2 hour longer flight than to Indy but do you really care about that? Plus, I don't know many people who would rather visit Indianapolis than Washington, DC as a tourist destination.

I think people who don't live on the east coast underestimate the number of alumni that end up in the DC area (an area that consists almost entirely of people who came from somewhere else, frequently the midwest). Verizon Center will be full. I believe there will be MORE GOPHER FANS at Verizon than typically are in Indianapolis. (They may be some *different* fans from the ones who usually make the trip to Indy, but there are far more Gopher fans within a 2 hour drive of DC than a 2 hour drive of Indy and this event is going to be big).

The loudest complaining is coming from people in Indiana, but too bad. This is an event that should be rotated around B1G cities, and there's no reason Minneapolis shouldn't get a turn as well.

Top Bottom