Renewals

DLguy

Reaction score
Just thought I would share some news with you all that I found exciting. Renewal rate is up this year compared to the same time last year. The waiting list for new season tickets has doubled from last year, so any non-renewal seats will get filled right away.

Just thought this was good news after all the people talking about not renewing their tickets. Seems like everyone is getting onboard with Kill which is great news for the program.

Not surprising, hope and positivity was pretty slim going in to last season.

That is good to hear.

We ended up dropping two season tickets. With the kids being so spread out ( Fargo, Duluth, etc)
it just didn't justify keeping 4 season tickets. Plan B is getting them together for a road trip. Las Vegas to start and hopefully a Bowl game

Wonder how many on the waiting list are Huskers, Badgers, or Hawkeyes.

I have a friend who is thinking about picking up a pair of seats. I think the non-student season ticket holders are pretty jazzed. We just have to wait and see with the students. If Kill can go 3-1 to start the season and have a good showing in LA, I think they'll fall in line. If not we just sell their seats to Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin fans.

Just thought I would share some news with you all that I found exciting. Renewal rate is up this year compared to the same time last year. The waiting list for new season tickets has doubled from last year, so any non-renewal seats will get filled right away.

Just thought this was good news after all the people talking about not renewing their tickets. Seems like everyone is getting onboard with Kill which is great news for the program.

Unfortunately not everyone. My dad (whos had two season tickets the past 14 years or so) gave up his tickets this year. He said he had no one to go with. Can't help but feel partially responsible, if I lived up there I'd go with him. It couldn't come at a worse time either because I really think he would enjoy this season. Tragic.

I was thinking this year would be my year to improve as well. Guess not.

I would lose all hope. You never know how it will all shake out. They move people around before they work through the wait list. I won't be too terribly disappointed if I don't move, but I would like to move. I'd just like to get away from the loudmouth behind. Then again, the two primary targets of his derision are gone, so maybe he will be bearable this fall.

Unfortunately not everyone. My dad (whos had two season tickets the past 14 years or so) gave up his tickets this year. He said he had no one to go with. Can't help but feel partially responsible, if I lived up there I'd go with him. It couldn't come at a worse time either because I really think he would enjoy this season. Tragic.

Has your Dad considered taking a foreign exchange student to the games? This would give him someone to go with and give a student a real slice of American life.

Sadly none of my friends want to renew this year, so, my 4 tickets are going back :(

I'm sure this is old news to most of you, but I just realized we have home games against both Iowa and Wisconsin in the same year, wow! Great news this year, but a drag next year.

Speaking of renewals, when do we find out if our seats were changed/upgraded??

I would lose all hope. You never know how it will all shake out. They move people around before they work through the wait list. I won't be too terribly disappointed if I don't move, but I would like to move. I'd just like to get away from the loudmouth behind. Then again, the two primary targets of his derision are gone, so maybe he will be bearable this fall.

You don't sit in my section, do you? Section 208?

I filled out my usual attempt to move my seats closer to the center of the field. Last year, I was denied and then found out my Bro-in-law, buying season tickets for the first time got the same number of seats in the exact section I requested to move into. So, I'd be surprised my request would suddenly work out this year.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the season again this year... just like always. It would really be fun to have a nice surprise and have the team overachieve.

You don't sit in my section, do you? Section 208?

No I don't. I won't mention where in case the guy reads this board. It's not like I'm afraid of him, but he might be one of those people ratchets up the behavior in order to antagonize people further.

I filled out my usual attempt to move my seats closer to the center of the field. Last year, I was denied and then found out my Bro-in-law, buying season tickets for the first time got the same number of seats in the exact section I requested to move into. So, I'd be surprised my request would suddenly work out this year.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the season again this year... just like always. It would really be fun to have a nice surprise and have the team overachieve.

This is what I find really frustrating about the process. You can't seem to get a straight answer on how the upgrade process works. It seems insane that new ticket purchasers would be allowed to buy before the upgrade process is complete.

Does anyone know a for sure answer how the process works?

This is what I find really frustrating about the process. You can't seem to get a straight answer on how the upgrade process works. It seems insane that new ticket purchasers would be allowed to buy before the upgrade process is complete.

Does anyone know a for sure answer how the process works?

Sure.

First the student workers pile all of the seat requests into a big pile in the center of the room. Then they take turns running and jumping into the pile, like leaves in the fall. When they tire of that activity they enjoy hours of paper airplane making and origami. Joel Maturi checks in occasionally, asking "How's the seat thing going, guys?" "Just fantastic, Mr. M, almost done" usually replies the 5th year, literature/business/astro-physics major, looking up from his Facebook/Angry Birds game. Most days are also passed with betting pools centered on how long ticket office callers will stay on the line before hanging up.

After a few more weeks of paper snowball fights, best of 247 paper football games and life-changing paper cut incidents, the deadline for the assignment finally arrives. This day consist mostly of the students furiously processing request forms into the industrial shredder, and then a few hours of upgrading the seats of friends and family, (and anyone smart enough to attach a $50 bill to their request form).

The rest of the year is spent answering calls with "Your request must have been submitted incorrectly, or could not be fulfilled as requested, but rest assured, there are no bad seats in TCF Bank Stadium. Thank you for calling."

Hope this helps.

That seems pretty accurate based on the results I've seen.

I'm trying to move to the sunny side, but I'm not counting on it. I just worry they put me somewhere completley the opposite of what I requested.

Over the last week I have called the ticket office four seperate times about purchasing two additional tickets in my row if they become available. I have received four seperate answers on how to complete and submit the request form. I finally just printed it, filled it out and then mailed in. I'm pretty sure that there is no chance on god's green earth that my form will be even looked at, let alone make it to the right people, to be fulfilled. Very frustrating because I know that on any given year my chances of getting those two seats are impossible at best. If anyone has any advice for me please let me know.

The seating upgrade process starts in late May I believe. A new season ticket holder can order their tickets now, but will not be allocated until after the upgrade process is complete.

Over the last week I have called the ticket office four seperate times about purchasing two additional tickets in my row if they become available. I have received four seperate answers on how to complete and submit the request form. I finally just printed it, filled it out and then mailed in. I'm pretty sure that there is no chance on god's green earth that my form will be even looked at, let alone make it to the right people, to be fulfilled. Very frustrating because I know that on any given year my chances of getting those two seats are impossible at best. If anyone has any advice for me please let me know.

Did you ask them to call you on the form? I think that is the best approach. Request a call to a mobile number.

Does anyone have inside info on where we landed? I believe yesterday was the last day to renew.

Did you ask them to call you on the form? I think that is the best approach. Request a call to a mobile number.

No, I didn't even think about that. That is a great idea, wish I would've.

Sure.

First the student workers pile all of the seat requests into a big pile in the center of the room. Then they take turns running and jumping into the pile, like leaves in the fall. When they tire of that activity they enjoy hours of paper airplane making and origami. Joel Maturi checks in occasionally, asking "How's the seat thing going, guys?" "Just fantastic, Mr. M, almost done" usually replies the 5th year, literature/business/astro-physics major, looking up from his Facebook/Angry Birds game. Most days are also passed with betting pools centered on how long ticket office callers will stay on the line before hanging up.

After a few more weeks of paper snowball fights, best of 247 paper football games and life-changing paper cut incidents, the deadline for the assignment finally arrives. This day consist mostly of the students furiously processing request forms into the industrial shredder, and then a few hours of upgrading the seats of friends and family, (and anyone smart enough to attach a $50 bill to their request form).

The rest of the year is spent answering calls with "Your request must have been submitted incorrectly, or could not be fulfilled as requested, but rest assured, there are no bad seats in TCF Bank Stadium. Thank you for calling."

Hope this helps.

I can confirm this is true.

I sat in basically the same nose bleeds for 11 years in basketball, including most of the Monson years even as the season tickets base dwindled. Callilng and speaking with the untrained students who answered the phone never helped. "It's hard to move up in basketball," was all I ever heard. But I finally talked to a manager, and he gave me five options from which to choose where there were other ticketholders with my longevity. I had been four rows from the top in the second level, and I moved to the lower level.

You have to speak directly to a manager. That's the only way.

Here is a link to the seat upgrade website.

https://www.mygophersports.com/Onli...ticle_id=6CFAEE32-3B83-4BB7-B751-C4217AB6B3C7

For the guy whos brother in law was able to buy new tickets, and got better seats has to take all factors into consideration. Number of seats, whether that individual donates money in any form, history in other sports. There are many factors as to why his seats might have been better.

And regarding basketball, you must remember that the majority of the people dropping season tickets are those with the least amount of history. Meaning they were up near the top, so improvements were very hard to come by. And there is only a 1 week window when anyone would know if better seats are available and that is during the renewal process. Just calling up and asking is not going to get you better seats, because they truely arent available at that time.

The ticket office is not out to screw over people like so many on here suggest. And the students are not lazy ignorant kids who sit on facebook all day and dont know any answers.

Top Bottom