Reminder: As Fans, Let's Do Our Part...

FreeFall

Reaction score
... and make sure that the Barn is as loud as it has been in the past decade for the game against Michigan State!

Let's kick off the Big Ten season with as much positive energy as possible to help support our team!

Which reminds me, I was really surprised how good the crowd was last night considering the opponent. The second deck looked pretty full. I haven't seen the attendance numbers, but I'm guessing it was easily the best crowd we had pre-Big Ten season?

That should bode well for the Sparty game. Will be disappointed if the place isn't jumpin' next Monday. Set the tone. Beat State.

... and make sure that the Barn is as loud as it has been in the decade for the game against Michigan State!

Let's kick off the Big Ten season with as much positive energy as possible to help support our team!

Amen to that. Get your butts out of the seats and YELL. Not just once a half, either.

Which reminds me, I was really surprised how good the crowd was last night considering the opponent. The second deck looked pretty full. I haven't seen the attendance numbers, but I'm guessing it was easily the best crowd we had pre-Big Ten season?

That should bode well for the Sparty game. Will be disappointed if the place isn't jumpin' next Monday. Set the tone. Beat State.

Attendance 14,625. Announced Fri or Sat that it was the first sell-out of the year(for Lafayette?). Any chance the time/day was the reason?

I think the time/day of the schedule has more effect than some are willing to admit. Nothing like a Saturday at the Barn.

Attendance 14,625. Announced Fri or Sat that it was the first sell-out of the year(for Lafayette?). Any chance the time/day was the reason?

I think the time/day of the schedule has more effect than some are willing to admit. Nothing like a Saturday at the Barn.

Wasn't the time of day. It was the promo offering $6.50 tickets; another slap in the face to season ticket holders. I will say that the preferred seating seems to fill in the lower level seats and fans are more enthusiastic. There's been a lot less no shows in the good seats this year.

Wasn't the time of day. It was the promo offering $6.50 tickets; another slap in the face to season ticket holders. I will say that the preferred seating seems to fill in the lower level seats and fans are more enthusiastic. There's been a lot less no shows in the good seats this year.

A better game-time atmosphere is a slap in the face to you? If I'm a season ticket holder, I'd sure as hell be glad to be at a game that's near capacity (even when others don't have to pay as much as me) rather than an empty, quiet stadium.

It was the promo offering $6.50 tickets; another slap in the face to season ticket holders.

Here's hoping the U doesn't do anything outside of offering full priced tickets to fill the place for Monday's game. Empty arena be damned.

I wasn't aware of the 6.50 tickets, but the time/day still has a big effect imo. STH need to accept the importance of full house to help create the game-day atmosphere. The game-day atmosphere is a huge part of the enjoyment factor......makes it 'the place to be'.

As in every business model, price needs to equal demand.

There was also a little boost from the two Lafayette players with Minnesota ties. There was a pretty good cheer for the kid from Clara City, #12 Seth Hinrichs. I talked to a guy from Clara City who said they had "hundreds of people" who made the trip. He mentioned that Levi Giese, #24, has parents originally from Minnesota and, although he grew up somewhere else, they had lots of relatives at the game.

Huge amount of people there to see Hinrichs and Giese. Impressive.

Revenue numbers... not sure how they looked. But the attendance was great.

This is probably better off for the ticket exchange board but it doesn't get much traffic. Is there an easy way to tell which seats have obstructed views? Virtually all the Michigan State tickets available on Stubhub indicated obstructed/limited view except for lower level center court. I know they can't all possibly be this way, it must be a default for those sections.

I wasn't aware of the 6.50 tickets.

Link anyone? If that is true I will bring some nephews... I'm all for filling the barn and getting it loud like back in the day.

Is it a slap in the face to season ticket holder shelling out big bucks. Yeah, probably.

everyone that can get there... better be there,, i would have season tickets every year if i lived there!!

I bet Tyus will be there...good time to show him a victory against Izzo who's recruiting him hard.

Traveled 5,655.5 miles for this game. It will be a long flight home with a L. I will be doing my part!

I think there will be a good crowd. I am concerned that many of the students will not be on campus. We need a big turn out from the student section for this game (and all Big 10 games).

This is probably better off for the ticket exchange board but it doesn't get much traffic. Is there an easy way to tell which seats have obstructed views? Virtually all the Michigan State tickets available on Stubhub indicated obstructed/limited view except for lower level center court. I know they can't all possibly be this way, it must be a default for those sections.

Go to the ticket page on gophersports. This year they provide the ability to view every seat in the Barn and it notes the seats that are obstructed.

Impressive...

Traveled 5,655.5 miles for this game. It will be a long flight home with a L. I will be doing my part!

... that's dedication! I will be doing my part as a 44-year old attempting to out-yell and out-cheer the student section. I think the student section will be very loud for this game, so hopefully their energy spreads to the other parts of the Barn (then I won't have to worry about disturbing my neighbors when I jump up and down and end up shouting).

I am going to love all of the "dirty" stares from the people all around us because of how "obnoxious" we are being. Damn young kids, lol. At least we are close to the student section! Can't believe B1G season is only 3 days away!

Grab any ticket and stand in the student section. That's my plan!!

I promise Everyone I'll be doing my part! The people behind will be mad because I'll never sit down! I know I'll lose my voice for sure after the games all over. Everyone please get loud!!!

Hoping that fans in the first 15 rows will be good leaders in frequent standing and getting loud. Perhaps priority seating has mixed things up so that the non-student sections become part of the game at key points. Harder for those of us above row 20 to get things started. But we all need to try!

I'm sure most of you have seen this pre-game ritual (link below) at Utah St, but I just have to share in case anyone hasn't. It sends chills down my spine every time I watch it. I so badly want the Gopher student section to come up with something like this (hell I wouldn't care if they just ripped off the Utah St chant) because A) it is awesome B) you can't tell me that doesn't intimidate the hell out of the opponent C) it will get us that electric atmosphere that we NEED if we want the likes of Tyus Jones to pick us over the Dukes and Kansas' of the world. Can someone reach out to some barnyard members and get someone to organize something? The Zombie Nation bit is cute and all, but it's done by half the teams in the country and requires no creativity at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44YUnOoye58

I'm sure most of you have seen this pre-game ritual (link below) at Utah St, but I just have to share in case anyone hasn't. It sends chills down my spine every time I watch it. I so badly want the Gopher student section to come up with something like this (hell I wouldn't care if they just ripped off the Utah St chant) because A) it is awesome B) you can't tell me that doesn't intimidate the hell out of the opponent C) it will get us that electric atmosphere that we NEED if we want the likes of Tyus Jones to pick us over the Dukes and Kansas' of the world. Can someone reach out to some barnyard members and get someone to organize something? The Zombie Nation bit is cute and all, but it's done by half the teams in the country and requires no creativity at all.

I love the Utah State cheers and agree that they are very creative and spine-chill inducing!! Here is a link to quite a few more student section videos that show how far our fan base has to go in creativity, coordination, etc.:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...mp-Videos-of-other-fantastic-student-sections

Go Gophers!!

and D. I hope we can come up with something on our own and not copy a WAC school that copies high school student sections.

and E. Be loud before you try to be creative. Enthusiasm and volume trumps creativity. If no one hears you, it doesn't matter what you shout.

The Zombie Nation bit is cute and all, but it's done by half the teams in the country and requires no creativity at all.

Seconded. It's time for Zombie Nation to go, and soon. Please.

Call me a little old school, but when The Barn is full like it will be on Monday, simplicity is the way to go. Nothing sounds better than a packed house chanting "Let's go Gophers" in unison as soon as the player intros are completed. Piped in garbage from the PA isn't necessary when that baby gets going full throttle.

where are you coming from? Very impressive!

Viña del Mar, Chile. From what I have been reading in here, I think I've had an easier time tuning into the games than the majority of the local folks!

Top Bottom