Remaining path to win the west

So folks:

GOOD news -- what basically had to happen this week, happened: Gophers won, Illinois loses, Purdue, loses.

BAD news -- here comes Iowa and Wisconsin. Huge confidence builders for both. I don't think there's any chance in hell, that by the time we get to our trophy games with them, that it's going to be as relatively "easy" we were thinking even a couple weeks ago.

Both would love nothing more than to prevent us from getting back into the West title discussion, while at the same time winning their trophy.
Both Iowa (especially) and Wisconsin have improved the last month. We have improved the past two weeks. Gonna be wild.

I know it's going to take a miracle, but what the hell. Let's revive it, for S's n G's.

Gophers:
Nov 5 - @ Neb
Nov 12 - NW
Nov 19 - Iowa
Nov 26 - @ Wisc

Purdue:
Nov 5 - Iowa
Nov 12 - @Illinois
Nov 19 - NW
Nov 26 - @ IU

Illinois:
Nov 5 - MS
Nov 12 - Purdue
Nov 19 - @ Mich
Nov 26 - @ NW

- To even have a discussion, we have to start off assuming the Gophers run the table. That gives Neb, Iowa, and Wisc another conf loss (at least) and puts us fully above them all.
- Need Purdue to drop two more
- Need Illinois to drop three more

We can probably count on ILL losing to Michigan. So then, we need Purdue to beat ILL in their rivalry game. Still then need ILL to drop one more, either this coming week they play Mich State at home, or at the end of the year they play NW in Evanston for the in-state rivalry.

Can Fitz rally the troops to pull off the miracle?? Does ILL somehow overlook MSU and MSU rallies itself from this past weekend's ugliness?

With Purdue beating ILL, we really need Iowa to pick up the win this coming weekend. Not sure if NW can get it done, so might have to hope Purdue loses on the road to IU in their in-state rivalry.

Wow, what a potential season ending weekend, with maybe all these deciding the outcome of the West: Minn-Wisc, ILL-NW, and Purdue-IU.
So .... just wondering folks .....

do I get like any "Gopherhole credit" for having laid all this out way back on Oct 31? Way before everyone else piled on the bandwagon??

:cool:

Top Bottom