Reggie Lynch In Jail ... UPDATE: Released without charges

Well, every team makes the B1G tournament, so I have my doubts about the veracity of that statement.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My bad I should have specified the NCAA tournament.

try posts #1,9,30,31, 50 and 51 for starters. They all ask for him to be fired. They don't say by the time the clock strikes midnight but these posts call for his head.

Only about half of the posts you cited call for him to be fired and one of them was from Les, so that doesn't count. (Les is crazed about Pitino and the program.) Two others call for his dismissal. The other three are critical and speculative, like most of the rest of the posts of this thread. Most people recognize that the results have been weak, something is obviously very wrong behind the scenes, Pitino can't baby sit theses guys and he's got a $7.1M buyout. A pretty similar situation to Monson, except Monson's players didn't tend to get in trouble and they outperformed Pitino's teams, at least to date.

FYI post counts differ for users that have individuals blocked on here.

Your post was 212 for me.

Only about half of the posts you cited call for him to be fired and one of them was from Les, so that doesn't count. (Les is crazed about Pitino and the program.) Two others call for his dismissal. The other three are critical and speculative, like most of the rest of the posts of this thread. Most people recognize that the results have been weak, something is obviously very wrong behind the scenes, Pitino can't baby sit theses guys and he's got a $7.1M buyout. A pretty similar situation to Monson, except Monson's players didn't tend to get in trouble and they outperformed Pitino's teams, at least to date.

IALTO. The program is a disaster and I'm crazed? 9-30 in B10 play last two seasons and coming off the worst season in Gopher history (in Lil' Rickey's third season). Now we're looking at another 5-7 win B10 season and a couple thousand lost season tickets. I have not seen a thing on or off the court that gives me any confidence in Pitino.

As of 7 AM this morning, he's still in the cooler with no bail. Can't tell if he's seen the bail judge yet, or if he did and it was refused.

As of 7 AM this morning, he's still in the cooler with no bail. Can't tell if he's seen the bail judge yet, or if he did and it was refused.

Hard to have a bail hearing when you haven't been charged with anything yet.

They have until noon today and supposedly will use up all of the time to gather evidence or decide.

Pretty ridiculous sitting in a jail cell all weekend in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty. Is the dude a flight risk? Why do they need to hold him? Why not wait until they were ready to charge him then pick him up? Pretty ridiculous. I'm not saying this because I'm defending what he might have done, we really haven't been given very much info. Kind of feel like the news should wait until he's actually charged to destroy his name and the program like this.

Pretty ridiculous sitting in a jail cell all weekend in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty. Is the dude a flight risk? Why do they need to hold him? Why not wait until they were ready to charge him then pick him up? Pretty ridiculous. I'm not saying this because I'm defending what he might have done, we really haven't been given very much info. Kind of feel like the news should wait until he's actually charged to destroy his name and the program like this.

Probable cause. Given what we know so far, this could be an ugly one. I agree with you if it was "just" a rape accusation, but remember, the victim received medical treatment I believe was the wording used in one of the papers. There could have been an assumption of risk to the public?

Probable cause. Given what we know so far, this could be an ugly one. I agree with you if it was "just" a rape accusation, but remember, the victim received medical treatment I believe was the wording used in one of the papers. There could have been an assumption of risk to the public?

Any rape victim an receive "medical treatment". Its going to the ER where they get the rape kit. They get swabbed for evidence and given an array of antibiotics/antivirals to prevent communicable diseases and if they want the morning after pill. That's not really medical treatment but that's what it's called. I'm just saying, the dude has just been sitting there waiting. Charge him or let him go. I guess now thinking about it, yeah this could be either very ugly since it's taking so long or it could be a none story that has now smeared his name and the program. I hope it's the non story but I guess it's more likely it is ugly like you say.

Any rape victim an receive "medical treatment". Its going to the ER where they get the rape kit. They get swabbed for evidence and given an array of antibiotics/antivirals to prevent communicable diseases and if they want the morning after pill. That's not really medical treatment but that's what it's called. I'm just saying, the dude has just been sitting there waiting. Charge him or let him go. I guess now thinking about it, yeah this could be either very ugly since it's taking so long or it could be a none story that has now smeared his name and the program. I hope it's the non story but I guess it's more likely it is ugly like you say.

Not at all strange that the county attorney would take their time drafting the criminal complaint. Why would they rush it? The law allows them time if a person is arrested on probable cause.

Edina is a non-extradition suburb.

Find it odd and rather troubling that I'm sitting at my desk waiting for the noon hour to arrive, so I can find out if a Gopher basketball player is going to be charged with rape.

That makes two of us; probably a few hundred of us.
It would be another terrible black eye to the program but I am not sure it would derail the upcoming season. BK needs to take the next step and I think he can.

FWIW, I think the current team has some excellent character guys (BK, Joey (former), JM, AG, NM (still believe he is) and its worth remembering in the current situation.

FWIW, I think the current team has some excellent character guys (BK, Joey (former), JM, AG, NM (still believe he is) and its worth remembering in the current situation.

It is sad how one individual's actions can negatively impact so many people.

I agree I don't think Konate that far off, he had his moments good and bad last year, like your typical sophomore and he works hard, wears his heart on his sleeve, can't ask for anymore. Lynch would obviously be a great bonus as he can do more, but we have pieces on the roster where you could put Murph in the middle or Curry if he's ready to produce. We have a lot of guys that can play multiple positions on the wing, who can also play the two or the four, plenty of combo guards as well, there's a lot of roster flexibility with this team, even without Lynch. We have good kids on this team and I hope the actions of a couple of bad apples doesn't take away from that

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Have to think if charges come he's dismissed from the team almost immediately. I'd guess Pitino already has the statement ready to roll.

Have to think if charges come he's dismissed from the team almost immediately. I'd guess Pitino already has the statement ready to roll.

If he does, I imagine it will not have the "wish him all the best" line that Rand Ball wrote about.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom