Regarding Jonah Pirsig

Now is MN time! If Pirsig is smart, he'll join Hayes and catch the Gopher Express before it gains momentum and steamrolls the hackflys, sin-bad and anyone else who gets in our way... GO GOPHERS!

I've got to think Jonah is looking at the depth of young and talented Olinemen the U has right now and can see the potential to legitimately start a new tradition of absolute grinding, mauling offensive lines and running games here. He could be a part of a true Minnesota revolution under Coach Kill.

Or he could go to wisky/iowee and watch kids like Hayes, hopefully McDonald, Ralliss', Olsons', Nelson/Leidner, Williams, Bjorkland, Campion, Levine, DCT, Westerhaus, Edwards, Gjere, etc etc lead his homestate team into a new era. He can either become part of something special at home or watch from afar, possibly from the enemy sideline as kids from MN stand proud at what they built.

BTW folks tradition never dies no matter how old the championships are. Proud programs celebrate their history. Others pretend that college football started in the 1990's.

Post of the year?

+1

Douglas is not in Douglas County, Marshall is not in Marshall County, etc.

As a Gopher fan growing up in Faribault County, I often felt like the minority.

I don't understand how a county in Minnesota can be Hogeye Country PERIOD! I grew up in Mower County (Austin) - 2 counties straight East of Faribault County and Mower/Austin are Maroon & Gold hands down. Is that Eustice dude spewing his sqwakeye venom througout Faribault County? Shannon Schoenrock where are you???

I WAS a hawkeye fan growing up

and would have picked Iowa over any other college had they been interested in me. I grew up in Nobles county near worthington and the only team I could watch on TV was Iowa, thanks to Iowa public TV. IPTV was one of our main channels on the farm and showed alot of Iowa sports including Iowa State. Either there was no MN public TV or it simply wasn't available to us. I have luckily since been converted to the good side, but there were alot of Iowa fans in my neck of the woods.

Carlos it sounds as though you are close to the situation and could very well be right but I pray to God that you are WRONG!!

Jonah - M I N N E S O T A - has a nice ring to it

drug houses and workout-induced hospital stays? No, thank you.

No kidding.

I would be very disappointed if it was Iowa, but not surprised. Always felt he might be an Iowa lean.

However, still hoping that my read on him is wrong and that Kill & Limegrover can convince him this is the place to be.

That would be disappointing.
Iowa?
I'll hold my criticism for now, but really? Iowa?

Being honest to yourself, is it really that hard to understand if he chooses Iowa?

Being honest to yourself, is it really that hard to understand if he chooses Iowa?

Given his choices? Absolutely. I fricking hate Wisconsin with every fiber of my being, and I'd much rather play for Wisconsin and live in Madison than play for Iowa and live in Iowa City. And, mind you, this is coming from a guy who will go out of his way to not pay for anything (gas, etc.) within Wisconsin's borders if it is at all avoidable - that's the extent to which I hate the state and nearly everything in it. But, to me, if that is his list of 3 finalists, his choice should be between helping to bring his home state school back to prominence, or playing for what is currently the best team and the one that has the best recent history of turning out NFL linemen (Wisconsin). Frankly, I don't understand how anyone with a decent alternative ever chooses Iowa, unless they absolutely fall in love with Ferentz. He is the only thing Iowa has going for it, in my not-so-humble opinion.

picture.php

Yeah, it is.
It's a dysfunctional program in a boring state, with coaches who just sent 14 of their kids to the hospital due to a disciplinary "workout".

I don't understand how a county in Minnesota can be Hogeye Country PERIOD! I grew up in Mower County (Austin) - 2 counties straight East of Faribault County and Mower/Austin are Maroon & Gold hands down. Is that Eustice dude spewing his sqwakeye venom througout Faribault County? Shannon Schoenrock where are you???

i wouldn't put a lot of thought or worry into his incorrect claim that faribault county is somehow iowee hogeye country. from personal experience and having family down in that part of minnesota, i know his statement isn't accurate.

your recollection and statement of things down in southern minnesota is correct. it is far more maroon & gold country than anything close to black & piss yellow.

SKI-U-MAH

Yeah, it is.
It's a dysfunctional program in a boring state, with coaches who just sent 14 of their kids to the hospital due to a disciplinary "workout".

point...

I think its a two horse race. If he chooses Wisconsin I will be absolutely floored, because where he is from-it is either Iowa or Minnesota (although I am kind of surprised Nebraska never factored in-maybe they never offered).

As a person who was raised in faribault county my whole life until college, I wouldn't say it is hands down hawkeye or gopher country. The closer you get to the border, the more hawk fans you will find, however I would say that the majority of fans in the county are definitely gopher fans. Blue Earth Area is a wild card. They've had successful athletes go to both Iowa and Minnesota so you never know there...I think it will be either Minny or Iowa myself.

I think its a two horse race. If he chooses Wisconsin I will be absolutely floored, because where he is from-it is either Iowa or Minnesota (although I am kind of surprised Nebraska never factored in-maybe they never offered).

You are correct, he was not offered by Nebraska.

BTW folks tradition never dies no matter how old the championships are. Proud programs celebrate their history. Others pretend that college football started in the 1990's.

I absolutely LOVE the U's history and one of the things that I was happiest to see added to TCF were the years of the National Titles and Big Ten Titles. But you while you can tell recruits all about the U's great history and tradition you can't sell them on being part of a winning tradition that they don't have any experience with. That's all I'm saying. You can sell them on "getting the U back to it's winning ways" and the like. You can't say "we've got a long history of winning here at the U" and have it mean something to an 18 year old because of the 40+ years of not so greatness that the program has gone through.

He better choose MINN over.iowa, iowa living is a joke. Pig farm Drainage vs lake minnetonka??

Minnesota has to start winning these off the field battles, before they win the on field battles

He better choose MINN over.iowa, iowa living is a joke. Pig farm Drainage vs lake minnetonka??

Minnesota has to start winning these off the field battles, before they win the on field battles

Are you winning the battle your parents failed so miserably at? Keeping your sons and daughters separated at night?

Exactly what I am thinking. I would think that if he likes farming (and I don't know the kid so I'm not sure if he does or doesn't but he is from a farm family) and would consider that a future career path that that would eliminate WI. The U and Iowa would have better Ag programs I would think.

I have a gut feeling that he chooses MN....especially if McDonald comes back into the fold before he announces a decision.

Pirsig would be nice, but with all of our O-line depth we have on the team in the upcoming years I am banking on getting another big WR, DB or DE commit. Personally, I feel that with the way Kill has been able to land a lot of the big MN talent, having Pirsig commit to us wouldn't be a shock at all.

Top Bottom