Regarding Jonah Pirsig

Killwarrior. I am so far above you, I dont.even recognize what you wrote.
Hes banned, maybe you moderaters could delete his post and our replies??
Thanks

This kid needs to.choose uminn over pigville

Killwarrior. I am so far above you, I dont.even recognize what you wrote.
Hes banned, maybe you moderaters could delete his post and our replies??
Thanks

This kid needs to.choose uminn over pigville
Your. use. of. periods. is. troubling.??

Pirsig

If he wants an Ag school, its not IA. Iowa St. is the Ag school in Iowa

If we get Pirsig, does anyone think that solidifies McDonald? McDonald would have to notice that Kill is putting together a top notch class of Minnesota kids.

I don't know where the kid is going, and it's probably a safe bet neither do any of you.

what makes you say that your 95% sure? when do you think he will commit?

and as true gopher fan, I will say that I, like all of you should, will try not to get excited at this post because it is just a post on a message board. but boy do I hope you are right.

If he wants an Ag school, its not IA. Iowa St. is the Ag school in Iowa

I think you have it backwards.

I can't find an Ag Program on the U of Iowa page, but here is one from Iowa State.

Iowa State Ag Program: http://www.ag.iastate.edu/

U of M has a great ag program.

50, I think this guy is saying the same thing as you. You're both right - Iowa State has a strong ag program (and obviously the U of M has a very good ag program)

i wouldn't put a lot of thought or worry into his incorrect claim that faribault county is somehow iowee hogeye country. from personal experience and having family down in that part of minnesota, i know his statement isn't accurate.

your recollection and statement of things down in southern minnesota is correct. it is far more maroon & gold country than anything close to black & piss yellow.

SKI-U-MAH

I fully agree with this. Being from South Central MN myself, I know for a fact that it bleeds Maroon and Gold. There are a few Iowa fans there - mainly native Iowegians. Someone wearing Iowa gear will be looked at a lot more "funny" than those hoggies that expose themselves with reckless abandon in the Twin Cities.

In general, if Outstate MN cheers for college athletics, it's the Gophers. It's in the Twin Cities, where so many out-of-state people choose to move for work - and particularly WI and IA people -that you see significant fan support for other schools. Unfortunately, Twin Cities people rarely head to Outstate MN, and therefore don't realize how much the rest of the state cheers on the home teams.

Does nobody remember the girls from SC MN who helped turn that basketball program around? And Blue Earth area is NOT a Gopher/Hawkeye split, as another poster insinuated. Not even close. It's maroon and gold just like the rest of SC MN.

Pirsig may choose a school other than the Gophers, but his hometown people will never cheer on that team anywhere near like they would if he chooses the U of M, and I'm gonna guess that probably is one factor among many that he is considering for his decision.

On Thursday you thought he'd be a hogeye, now you're 95% sure he'll be Golden. What swung your opinion around so quick?

Nah I was havin fun. In talking with his dad I am gonna say that Jonah will be a Gopher. Getting a lot of pressure to stay in-state.

Nah I was havin fun. In talking with his dad I am gonna say that Jonah will be a Gopher. Getting a lot of pressure to stay in-state.

I do want him to chose the U, but in the long run, I have rarely seen choices due to pressure work out for good...If he chooses MN, I hope it is because he knows it is the right decision.

He has said he will make a decision by the end of the month.

I do want him to chose the U, but in the long run, I have rarely seen choices due to pressure work out for good...If he chooses MN, I hope it is because he knows it is the right decision.

Agreed. I really want him to be a Gopher, but he has to make the right decision for him as a student-athlete and a person. In his interviews, I have been struck by his straightforward answers. Sounds like a kid with his head on straight.

He has said he will make a decision by the end of the month.

True. And from people with knowledge this was again confirmed to me in the past few days. I also can say that the people with knowledge were in favor of him going to the gophers but seemed to give no information on who was still in the running.

The kid is trying to call each school that has offered to tell them personally thanks but no thanks. But it's taking a while because in a no contact period if the coach can't answer they can't call back.
I do know he has called zook and told him no thanks.

He was impressive at SDSU

Blue Earth was camping at SDSU through today. Pirsig and Lee were named to the all camp team. I understand he was impressive. Different levels of competition and he definitely stood out.

The kid is trying to call each school that has offered to tell them personally thanks but no thanks. But it's taking a while because in a no contact period if the coach can't answer they can't call back.
I do know he has called zook and told him no thanks.

Pretty classy thing to do. I hope he makes the right (Minnesota) decision for him.

Pretty classy thing to do. I hope he makes the right (Minnesota) decision for him.

Agree. Everything I've read about this guy says that he has his head on right.

Looking forward to a happy ending. Oh...that was an unfortunate choice or words.

Top Bottom