Reeves!

Reaction score
I am really liking what I am seeing out him! Couple nice plays and love the enthusiasm

I liked seeing Grant, Eskridge and Henderson contribute as well.

I dunno about Henderson.. He was getting burned half of the game, and the one play were the WR he was covering dropped the ball (but the announcer credited him for the broken up pass) he was bouncing around like he just clinched the game for us.

I'm far from sold on Henderson. But I'm very happy to see some different kids in at DB.

lots of new numbers

This was the first game I didn't attend. I was 0-3 in the stadium and it was my partner's turn for the tickets. Saw lots of new numbers in the game. Maybe some of those numbers were the guys you mentioned already.

I guess I didn't see the same Henderson you did. He never got beat deep and was on the receivers better than anybody else. He did pull the receivers arm down to break up the pass, thats why he dropped it. He has looked good since the spring and all fall, about time he gets a chance! I watched on TV and got alot of replays and tevo and Henderson played very well!

Grant played hard, but was a step slow and looked a little lost, but did try to defeat blocks and not catch them, needs exp, jury still out.

I guess I didn't see the same Henderson you did. He never got beat deep and was on the receivers better than anybody else. He did pull the receivers arm down to break up the pass, thats why he dropped it. He has looked good since the spring and all fall, about time he gets a chance! I watched on TV and got alot of replays and tevo and Henderson played very well!

He never got beat deep because he was playing 12 yards off the WR and letting them run their slant/post/square-in routes for 7+ yards a catch. I'm not saying he's not a good player, jury's still out.. I just don't see how he could be jumping around celebrating that 'broken up' pass like he just won the Gophs the game. Get up and play the damn game. Stop this celebrating your tackle after the WR gained 7 yard *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

I saw both Hendersons. I saw the KH I was not impressed with...the one that made a stupid 'hands to the head' personal foul, missed some tackles badly, etc. etc (The loose coverage is game plan, not KH imo). I also saw the other KH, the one that coaches are high on. That KH laid some wood on a couple plays today & had a break up of a perfect pass. "Yes" KH was technically beat on the play, but the coverage was tight to begin with, the pass was perfect and KH DID get his hand in there when it counted. i.e. If he hadn't been all over the receiver, he never would have gotten the hand in there in the first place. Bottom line...he's young, but I don't care where he played before the U, the kid can lay the wood and has the size/speed/attitude to be a solid contributor on defense the next couple years.

Grant played hard, but was a step slow and looked a little lost, but did try to defeat blocks and not catch them, needs exp, jury still out.

Grant was two steps slow.

Will never understand why he came to the U. Could have been a multiple-time All American at St. Johns.

That's easy....

Grant was two steps slow.

Will never understand why he came to the U. Could have been a multiple-time All American at St. Johns.

Yes, the Johnnies are a high profile program with a legendary coach. I'm well aware there game had 15K+ fans yesterday. That stated, it's still DIII. I believe the vast majority of kids that are offered a free ride to a Big 10 school vs. paying your own way at a DIII school would not hesitate to give it a shot at the Big 10 school. He made the right choice.

+1

I thought he had a great tackle and then I think on the next play Persa totally faked him out and comleted a pass for first down. To his credit, it's not like Grant has a ton of playing time yet. Clouded mind = slow feet. Given time he could be a contributor, but probably not a star so to speak.

You could watch the game and figure out which guy would catch the ball pre-snap. If the gophers were playing man, it was the guy Grant was covering. It the gophers were in zone, it was whoever went into his zone. He is slow in space. He did a decent job against the run. If he is getting playing time, it should be in run situations only.

Top Bottom