Recruits at Tubby's Tipoff

Tubby Tyme

Reaction score
Did anybody notice any recruits last night? It would've been nice if Cory J. was there.

I'm pretty certain I was sitting next to Moses Apilate's little brother. I can't remember if he's a football or basketball recruit though.

They didn't formally invite any kids since they've had most of them in for unofficial visits this past month, but Jonah Travis, Syani Chambers, Marcus Alipate, and Joe Coleman we're all there.

i would rather not have a whole lot of recruits there for this, although it's fun and good for the fans, it doesn't show a recruit how noisy and rowdy the fans (student section in particular) can get...i'd rather have them come for an actual game

i would rather not have a whole lot of recruits there for this, although it's fun and good for the fans, it doesn't show a recruit how noisy and rowdy the fans (student section in particular) can get...i'd rather have them come for an actual game

Because of the early signing period, recruits usually make their visits before the basketball season starts. As someone already mentioned, Cory Joseph is visiting on October 30th.

I actually disagree with MN Gopher Fan. Tubby's Tip-Off seems to be the perfect event to have recruits attend, especially those recruits who have not decided yet. I would think any face-to-face engagements with recruits on campus is helpful. The crowd might not be as loud, but I think the team is more relaxed and the team chemistry really shows.

good points...but i know i want to get a game taste before my experience, but then again with the early signing period that kind of gets turned down eh

I'm pretty certain I was sitting next to Moses Apilate's little brother. I can't remember if he's a football or basketball recruit though.

Moses and Marcus were there along with their whole family. Moses must not travel with the football team to road games as he is red-shirting....

Top Bottom