Recruiting

I'm sorry but what does this have to do with recruiting.. it's all old news.. I don't see a point to this post.
Possible upcoming girls in the portal, reference all in one place for comparison of if we are doing better in the present, lots of answers to curiosity questions in the present.

I’m sorry, but knee injuries are not caused by blind spots on the floor. They are caused by genetics (especially in girls), landing wrong, twisting unexpectedly, or a combination of those factors….
I agree and we can add conditioning, stretching, weight training, diet, one sport athletes, playing surface and a whole bunch of other factors. ACL's is a complicated topic.

I'm sorry but what does this have to do with recruiting.. it's all old news.. I don't see a point to this post.
No need to be rude, maybe they’re just making a point about recruiting - as in rankers and even coaches having different viewpoints. Different people see players differently. And coaches tend to look at players with an inherent bias, depending on their past experiences and their near- future needs for their teams. However, with the Portal, Coaches can’t be sure what they’re going to need from year to year anymore……..

With Janay Sander on board how many more do you think we add? and what kind of player?

Janay seems like a shooting guard or small forward and I would lean toward a small forward based on her poor assist to TO and subpar 3 point shooting.

We are at 13 scholarship players (including Janay) and 1 walk on player so we could have as many as 2 more.

I think we add 1 more player, a point guard and if we add 2 more I think it will be a center.

Janay Sanders

24Janay Sanders​

• Position Guard
  • Height 5-11
  • Class Redshirt Senior
  • Hometown Charlotte, N.C.
  • High School Mallard Creek
  • Prev School LaSalle and App. State
Amaya Battle
GFr.5' 11''
Hopkins High School Hopkins, Minn.
Full Bio

Czinano Maggie

Maggie Czinano
GSo.6' 0''
Watertown-Mayer HS Watertown, Minn.
Full Bio

Braun Mara

Mara Braun
GFr.6' 0''
Wayzata High School Wayzata, Minn.
Full Bio

aminata zie headshot 2022-23

Aminata Zie
F/CR-So.6' 1''
Gaspard Monge Paris, France
Full Bio

Heyer Mallory

Mallory Heyer
FFr.6' 1''
Chaska High School Chaska, Minn.
Full Bio

Holloway Nia

Niamya Holloway
FFr.6' 0''
Eden Prairie High School Eden Prairie, Minn.
Full Bio

sophie hart headshot 2022

Sophie Hart
CSo.6' 5''

McKynnlie Dalan
FFr.6' 1''
Montesano High School Montesano, Wash.
Full Bio

gg head shot 2023
Grace Grocholski
G/FFr.5' 10''
Kettle Moraine High School North Prairie, Wis.
Full Bio

Kennedy KlickMinnesota player welcome©2022 Bruce Kluckhohn#612-929-6010bruce@brucekphoto.com
Kennedy Klick
GFr.5' 11''
Maple Grove High School Brooklyn Park, Minn.
Full Bio

Madol Ajok
Ajok Madol
G/FFr.6' 2''
Archbishop MC O'Neill Catholic High School Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Full Bio

Brynn SendenMinnesota Women's Basketball Player Welcome©2022 Bruce Kluckhohn#612-929-6010bruce@brucekphoto.com
Brynn Senden

With Janay Sander on board how many more do you think we add? and what kind of player?

Janay seems like a shooting guard or small forward and I would lean toward a small forward based on her poor assist to TO and subpar 3 point shooting.

We are at 13 scholarship players (including Janay) and 1 walk on player so we could have as many as 2 more.

I think we add 1 more player, a point guard and if we add 2 more I think it will be a center.

Janay Sanders

24Janay Sanders​

• Position Guard
  • Height 5-11
  • Class Redshirt Senior
  • Hometown Charlotte, N.C.
  • High School Mallard Creek
  • Prev School LaSalle and App. State
Amaya Battle
GFr.5' 11''
Hopkins High School Hopkins, Minn.
Full Bio

Czinano Maggie
Maggie Czinano
GSo.6' 0''
Watertown-Mayer HS Watertown, Minn.
Full Bio

Braun Mara
Mara Braun
GFr.6' 0''
Wayzata High School Wayzata, Minn.
Full Bio

aminata zie headshot 2022-23
Aminata Zie
F/CR-So.6' 1''
Gaspard Monge Paris, France
Full Bio

Heyer Mallory
Mallory Heyer
FFr.6' 1''
Chaska High School Chaska, Minn.
Full Bio

Holloway Nia
Niamya Holloway
FFr.6' 0''
Eden Prairie High School Eden Prairie, Minn.
Full Bio

sophie hart headshot 2022
Sophie Hart
CSo.6' 5''

McKynnlie Dalan
FFr.6' 1''
Montesano High School Montesano, Wash.
Full Bio

gg head shot 2023
Grace Grocholski
G/FFr.5' 10''
Kettle Moraine High School North Prairie, Wis.
Full Bio

Kennedy KlickMinnesota player welcome©2022 Bruce Kluckhohn#612-929-6010bruce@brucekphoto.com
Kennedy Klick
GFr.5' 11''
Maple Grove High School Brooklyn Park, Minn.
Full Bio

Madol Ajok
Ajok Madol
G/FFr.6' 2''
Archbishop MC O'Neill Catholic High School Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Full Bio

Brynn SendenMinnesota Women's Basketball Player Welcome©2022 Bruce Kluckhohn#612-929-6010bruce@brucekphoto.com's Basketball Player Welcome©2022 Bruce Kluckhohn#612-929-6010bruce@brucekphoto.com
Brynn Senden
It took a while after the Grace Grocholski commitment news.

I agree about using one of the two remaining scholarships in a Center. Are there any Janel-McCarville-type of interior rebounding animals available in the portal?

This group of Gophers has to win enough games next season to fast-track better recruiting potential in both HS and the Transfer Portal.

Here is the known offers (at least publicly) from the new staff. Now there has been MN kids on campus for visits and a lot have talked to this staff however no public offers to MN kids have been publicly reported to go out.

To note the elite camp for Gophers is listed as Friday June 23rd so I could see a plenty of offers going out then or around then.

2024:

Out of State Offers:

Lana McCarthy,
6’4 P, Bedford HS (NH)

2025:

Out of State Offers:

Madison Francis,
6’2 W, Lancaster Central HS (NY) (ESPN Super 60- #7)

2026:

Out of State Offers:

Olivia Vukosa,
6’4 P, Christ the King HS (NY) (ESPN Terrific 25- #2)

Saniyah Hall, 5’10 G, Laurel HS (OH) (ESPN Terrific 25- #7)

Jayla Williams, 5’10 G/W, Ankeny HS (IA)

Last edited:

Girls mature much earlier than boys. Boys don't really start their growth spurts until they are 13, 14, and 15 years old with few exceptions. I had one patient grow 3 inches at 24 and then he was done. Girls typically stop growing at those same ages with few exceptions. So, I like how coach P is identifying those girls early and should be offering them in their 8th, 9th and 10th grades and then monitoring the development of their basketball skills thereafter. Chloe is an exceptional talent.

However, there is a lot of body change that happens between seventh grade and college, and a lot of girls plateau. While many girls stop growing after eighth grade, more and more are continuing to have growth spurts up until age 20 or so. Genetics play a factor, but some growth spurts come seemingly out of nowhere. Some young stars develop into exceptional talents, some burn out. Will have to wait and see…..

Last edited:

Google Ad shopping thinks I'd be a great candidate for a one wheel!!!! NICE!!!! :)

Updated Known offers/public offers from new staff:

2024:

Out of State Offers:

Lana McCarthy,
6’4 P, Bedford HS (NH)

Jada Eads, 5’7 G, Lake Highland Prep (FL)

2025:

Out of State Offers:

Madison Francis,
6’2 W, Lancaster Central HS (NY) (ESPN Super 60- #7)

2026:

Out of State Offers:

Olivia Vukosa,
6’4 P, Christ the King HS (NY) (ESPN Terrific 25- #2)

Saniyah Hall, 5’10 G, Laurel HS (OH) (ESPN Terrific 25- #7)

Jayla Williams, 5’10 G/W, Ankeny HS (IA)

Ariyana Cradle, 5’8 G, Westerville South HS (OH)

Top Bottom